4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

SLP Loudmouth II

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2007, 08:32 PM
red2k1gt
5th Gear Member

Default RE: SLP Loudmouth II

ORIGINAL: oh3GT

I've got the LM2s and catted x-pipe and am pretty happy overall. I really like the sound and the fact that its not too loud in the car, but loud outside.

I had them installed at a local meineke and they sucked so I've got some leaks that I need to take care of. I think some of it has to do with the fact that it's modular and uses clamps, but I think it was made worse than it should be because they didn't really know what they were doing. Took it back a second time and they couldn't fix the leak completely. Anyway...

I was thinking about getting the race pipes to make it an o/r x, but they seem to be discontinued for some reason. Maybe I can find them used somewhere.
just take it to an exhaust shop that is willing to remove the cats and tell them to weld in some 2.5" piping...thats all the race pipes are.
Old 05-10-2007, 11:42 PM
sfi
3rd Gear Member

I've got Mac LT, a MAC prochamber and SLPII. Not the normalmustang sound by far. AT idle, very quiet, but you know your there, at WOT, my god it sounds like the engine is coming thru the roof. I wish I could figure out how to do a sound clip.
It diffinately sounds good .
Old 05-11-2007, 12:00 AM
mikeyb
2nd Gear Member

I have the slp long tubes, slp catted x, and lm IIs and I like the sound a lot. Its kind of mellow, but I love the fact that I can cruise and my ears don't ring from the drone of other systems. Besides the great sound you've gotta love the tips with the etched logo. Plus if you don't like the sound you can just swap out the resonators to lm Is or power flows.
Old 05-11-2007, 02:37 AM
Trickflow
1st Gear Member

Thanks for all the help everyone. Does anyone have any sound clips of the LM II exhaust and a o/r midpipe? I would really like to hear drive bys and revs. Thanks
Old 05-11-2007, 12:20 PM
thatdude305
3rd Gear Member

damn you definately have to go with an off rd x with the lmII's...i got mac long tubes coming soon...then im gonna go with a throttle body..
Old 05-11-2007, 12:26 PM
99 GT vert
5th Gear Member

i have the LM2's and get complements every were i go they sound amazing
Old 05-11-2007, 01:20 PM
Xemeth
5th Gear Member

How do they sound with the stock manifolds and H-pipe? And how to they compare to Flows?
Old 05-11-2007, 01:21 PM
JJ03MustangGT
5th Gear Member

i think youll be very happy with the lm2s....just do yourself a favor and stay away from the H pipe. i had a few leaks but it took me about 10 minutes to get em all fixed. its a very good system and its also stainless steel so no rust issues.

heres a couple clips, and just so you know the clips DONT do them justice

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMhpAEWaWos
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoRcxxxJuoM
Old 05-11-2007, 01:21 PM
thatdude305
3rd Gear Member

flows suck...flows are for trucks...slp lm2's are the ****....i dont know about a stock h pipe u mine as well spend some xtra money an get an off rd x..and do it all together it will be a lot easier and sound ten millions times better....
Old 05-11-2007, 01:24 PM
Xemeth
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: thatdude305

flows suck...flows are for trucks...slp lm2's are the ****....i dont know about a stock h pipe u mine as well spend some xtra money an get an off rd x..and do it all together it will be a lot easier and sound ten millions times better....
Well I eventually want to go with LT's, and I don't want to have to buy two midpipes, so I was planning on doing catback at one time, then LT's and midpipe at another.

Quick Reply: SLP Loudmouth II