4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Gah, can't find an answer....

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2007, 04:52 PM
Jonny.GT

Default Gah, can't find an answer....

Well here the problem,

My car is lowered on Eibach fullcoilovers so whenever my front passenger side wheel would get too much wieght put onto it, and just it, for instance comming out of a gas station with a steep decline, the ABS light would come on. To fix it all I had to do was turn the car off, then back on, and we were good to go.

Well here's the problem... I snapped my rear sway bar some how so I lifted the car from the rear, pulled the bar off, set it down and went for a test drive. Now the ABS light is on and stays on. I've tried disconnecting the negative wire from the battery for like 10 minutes and nothing. It's really starting to bug me. And as far as breaking goes everything feels the same.

Is there anyway to reset the light so it stops showing or am I screwed and have to buy a new sensor and such?
[align=left] [/align]
Old 05-10-2007, 04:54 PM
DTK
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Gah, can't find an answer....

Jonny that def. sounds like a faulty sensor. Not having a sway bar should not cause that.
Old 05-10-2007, 04:55 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

ORIGINAL: Jonny.GT

Well here the problem,

My car is lowered on Eibach fullcoilovers so whenever my front passenger side wheel would get too much wieght put onto it, and just it, for instance comming out of a gas station with a steep decline, the ABS light would come on. To fix it all I had to do was turn the car off, then back on, and we were good to go.

Well here's the problem... I snapped my rear sway bar some how so I lifted the car from the rear, pulled the bar off, set it down and went for a test drive. Now the ABS light is on and stays on. I've tried disconnecting the negative wire from the battery for like 10 minutes and nothing. It's really starting to bug me. And as far as breaking goes everything feels the same.

Is there anyway to reset the light so it stops showing or am I screwed and have to buy a new sensor and such?
[align=left][/align]
Sounds like one of your abs sensor wires is pinched/broken/disconnected. Find teh wire coming from each caliper and make sure it's plugged in and that it's not broken or pinched.
Old 05-10-2007, 04:55 PM
Jonny.GT

haha well I know it's not the lack of a sway bar thats causing the light to turn on but the wieght that was put into the front passenger side tire when the car was lifted to remove the swaybar....
Old 05-10-2007, 04:56 PM
Jonny.GT

ORIGINAL: Derf00

ORIGINAL: Jonny.GT

Well here the problem,

[align=left][/align]
Sounds like one of your abs sensor wires is pinched/broken/disconnected. Find teh wire coming from each caliper and make sure it's plugged in and that it's not broken or pinched.

alrighty well I'm otw outside to check it out right now, if thats not the problem is there anything I can do?
Old 05-10-2007, 05:06 PM
Jonny.GT

Sorry about the 3 posts in a row, uhm... It doesn't seem like the ABS wire is pinched or disconnected but I don't know what I'm looking for 100% anyone know of any pics?