4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

ATTN mylongvictor

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2007, 02:34 AM
PWORLDSTANG
4th Gear Member

Default RE: ATTN mylongvictor

ORIGINAL: Texas_Hot_Rods

Hey Guys,

Just got off the ph with V and he's fine. Cage obviously worked as he sustained a pretty hard front collision with the wall at Temple as the car got loose on street tires in 3rd and he lost it. From what he and a few friends up there said the car needs a front bumper cover, some repair work and a driver side repaint/body as it hit the wall on the front then slid down the d side and came to a halt just past the 1000 ft mark.

Safety FIRST! He's OK, the car can be replaced. Thank god he had the cage instead of the TKO for now. We'll get it back up and running in no time as it didn't even dump coolant on the track. No fluid leaks, cranks over OK and should live with a little paint/body.

I can't preach enough how SAFETY equip and a cage, even if it's a DD, is a must when you start making that kind of power. It is sooooo easy for a car with that power to get loose on street tires even with the best suspension. I had a chance to drive it before we delivered it and it will drift in 3rd like it's on wet pave.

Let's all give him a hand when he jumps back on and get this car back up and running for some more KILL stories! Vic, we're here and ready when you are, just let us know how we can help you get the Bumboclaat back in action!
Thanks for the update. I'm sure everyone's glad he's ok.
Old 05-11-2007, 02:37 AM
PWORLDSTANG
4th Gear Member

Mylongvictor, glad you're ok!
Old 05-11-2007, 02:43 AM
CoolAid
3rd Gear Member

Regards mang, better on the track in a hail of posi smoke then some dumbass wrecking you out I suppose? I'm sure the car will be back in action before too long!
Old 05-11-2007, 02:54 AM
jpmustanggt
5th Gear Member

My mouth just dropped, that really sucks man! Glad you're ok physically man!
Old 05-11-2007, 02:55 AM
dsg04gt
3rd Gear Member

+ 1 to pretty much everything already covered lol..
Old 05-11-2007, 02:57 AM
mylongvictor
5th Gear Member

Thanks for the support guys........

And yes the saftey equipment was worth every penny. Thanks Brian for the help and concern. Right now its getting everything situated and moving so I can get her back on the road. Itsnot as bad asit looks. No damage to the frame of the car. Just the impact rail in front, along with the bumper, fenders, and the side of the car where she skid along the side.

But I'm in one piece. Everything is good. I'm looking for repair shops now. Anyone know of a good one?
Old 05-11-2007, 03:05 AM
clix813
4th Gear Member

good to here ur ok. i know some one is going to say this but do you have any pics?
Old 05-11-2007, 03:05 AM
Aereon
5th Gear Member

I'm soo happy your alright man, get yourself some better tires asap!... I'll be waiting for the thread about you saddling up again.
Old 05-11-2007, 03:07 AM
mylongvictor
5th Gear Member

A good rider never quites the run, even if the horse bucks too hard and throws him off. I'll post up some pics in the future. Right now I gotta figure out of a plan of action.
Old 05-11-2007, 03:07 AM
2000GT4.6
6th Gear Member

I never have figured out why they cannot leave the walls off the track say after the 1/8th or so.. usually all it is around the track (sides) after that is open fields anyway... why can't they pave it and give you some room to screw up? Instead its a stupid wall to slam into.

Quick Reply: ATTN mylongvictor