4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

cobras sick :(

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2007, 04:34 AM
239svt

Default cobras sick :(

i was late the other day and im flooring it to get to my destination and im in 3rd gear about 4,000 rpms and i feel my car jerk forward, my immediate reaction was that i fried my clutch because for a good 3 seconds or so as i hit the gas my revs would climb but i wouldnt go anywhere. then all of a sudden it engaged and i was on my way....then i smelt coolant fluid. over the next mile i watched my temperature gauge climb slowly, i knew i had to shut my car off so i pull into a buddy of mines house and pop my hood, it was obvious what had happened, a hose had blown, i got a ride to autozone and bought and replaced the house, i start up my car again, and i hear a belt whistling, in fear of causing more damage i park the car there overnight and called the tow truck in the morning. so wehn i go to unlock my door for the towing guy i look at my convertible to find it slashed 5 times! so with a tear in my eye i brought it to ford, a few days later i find out, my thermastat had gone but i lucked out and the head gaskets were fine however the belt tensioner also went. so i guess the point of this thread is to entertain myself for 5 minutes, tell my sad sad story and ask, is the belt tensioner going related to the thermastat/overheating issue or just simply coincidence???
Old 05-11-2007, 05:51 AM
NeoTokyo
6th Gear Member

Default RE: cobras sick :(

Im sorry to hear that buddy, people do some bad things to other peoples stuff.
Im sorry to hear about your engine prob too, check ebay for tensioners and new convertable tops. Also get that water and UV proofing spray for the new top.

You'll get through this stuff, just look at the fact that you still have your car.
Old 05-11-2007, 06:48 AM
BeeRad

Default RE: cobras sick :(

Could be coincidence. I've had several things happen at once before in my previous car. You could always get a removable hardtop for your car to avoid anyone slashing you top.

http://www.mustanghardtops.com/index.html

Some of their tops look almost identical to the coupes.