4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

LET IT SNOW???

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2007, 02:47 AM
JJ03MustangGT
5th Gear Member

Default RE: LET IT SNOW???

ORIGINAL: Mez

I should have taken pics .. but I'm lazy haha .. anyway .. its not that hard.. and I think we did it alot cleaner than alot of these posts up here .. I'm very picky about work I do etc .. we are about to do another 03 vert in a few weeks .. so maybe I'll take pics and video ... and do a write up ..the only thing I didn't mess with was welding the aluminum piping .. its so delicate .. and I'm by far not a master welder .. .. ( not to mention if you get the upgraded couplers they will be fine .. my friend is a worrier so it was welded to make sure .. )but in the end the ebay piping set and treadstone intercooler fit up great and works great .. I don't have the new dyno numbers but whenI can get them I'll be sure to let yall see...
i for one am very picky what goes on my car...and the aluminum will be welded. now im not great at welding aluminum, but it will get done. if you can get that video for me.
Old 05-12-2007, 02:50 AM
2000GT4.6
6th Gear Member

You don't need to weld anything, the couplers are fine, just make sure you get T bolt clamps and its 100 percent ok.

I would rather have couplers just to take some stress off the sysmtem, as they will bend and the welds will not. Its gonna be a PITA to try to weld thin *** almumium pipe.
Old 05-12-2007, 02:52 AM
JJ03MustangGT
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Davojan59

ORIGINAL: JJ03MustangGT

yea they have a sticky on it in the pipes boost juice section, i read it and it was pretty cool. they used the treadstone intercooler (a/a) and custom piping. said they picked up like 40 or so rwhp. i want an intercooler, but if the meth injection does the exact same thing, then why not. save some money and accomplish the same thing. i guess im just nervous that if i lost the methanol that my powerplant goes BOOM. and i cant have that.

thats why im also sketchy about those kits. I mean they do what theyre supposed to do very very well (probly better than an IC) but u always have to make sure u got enough fluid in the tank.
ive heard that some of the DIY kits dont flow like they should, and people have lost power
Old 05-12-2007, 02:59 AM
Mez
3rd Gear Member

Yeah I'm sure you've seen some "ghetto rigged" kits out there esp on turbos .. but the piping that comes in these ebay kits are great as far as what you need and I just took the time to look at alot of these installs and ours turned out great .. like I said .. I haven't gotten the new numbers yet .. but he told me the boost drop was very minimal ... and the install is super clean .. fyi .. welding aluminum should be done by a pro .. or you'll burn that **** up all day haha ... i didn't even think about trying it .. haha
Old 05-12-2007, 02:59 AM
2000GT4.6
6th Gear Member

Just gotta get the proper size pipping (3 inch) and a good cooler.

Your going to drop some boost, but you can up it again with either a powerpipe or a pulley.
Old 05-12-2007, 03:02 AM
jpmustanggt
5th Gear Member

How necessary is it to get an intercooler?
Old 05-12-2007, 03:04 AM
JJ03MustangGT
5th Gear Member

well i planned on doin a pulley swap to compensate for the boost drop. treadstone says that their i/c only lose 1.5 psi. im still kinda debating my options.

and i can weld aluminum, im just not a pro at it. but a buddy of mine is so i dont think it will be an issue.
Old 05-12-2007, 03:06 AM
JJ03MustangGT
5th Gear Member

i want to hit the 600rwhp mark, and its gonna take the i/c. i wanna hit 450 first, then ill tear into the motor, then ill mess with the rest of the drivetrain
ORIGINAL: jpmustanggt

Old 05-12-2007, 06:02 AM
2000GT4.6
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jpmustanggt

You can make alot of power without one, MPH has several pumpgas 550+ non i/c cars, but its easyer to do and safter with a cooler.

I am going to be doing one fairly soon, probably after the rearend gets some 31 splines. According to the post in s/s though its only about 250 bucks for his entire setup, so even if you only pick up a little bit of power its worth it.

Even if you pick up nothign the car won't fall off as outside temps rise (at least not as much) like it would before. I can tell a big difference in my car from cold to hot weather.
Old 05-12-2007, 09:25 AM
lizzyfan
Underboss

ORIGINAL: Davojan59

ORIGINAL: JJ03MustangGT

yea they have a sticky on it in the pipes boost juice section, i read it and it was pretty cool. they used the treadstone intercooler (a/a) and custom piping. said they picked up like 40 or so rwhp. i want an intercooler, but if the meth injection does the exact same thing, then why not. save some money and accomplish the same thing. i guess im just nervous that if i lost the methanol that my powerplant goes BOOM. and i cant have that.

thats why im also sketchy about those kits. I mean they do what theyre supposed to do very very well (probly better than an IC) but u always have to make sure u got enough fluid in the tank.
You always have to make sure you have gas in the tank too!
The kit has several safety devices that you'll never go boom!

Quick Reply: LET IT SNOW???