4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

superchargers vs. nitrous

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2004, 12:28 PM
Stinger
4th Gear Member

Default RE: superchargers vs. nitrous

LOL thats cause Jersey folks are gay. Texas rules LOL , kidding! Dude if NAAAAWWWSSS was Illegal then could they ship it to you in your state through UPS? Could you go down to your local speed shop to get bottle feld up? Think about it? Your mechanic guy just jealous you have a faster car then he does. Hhehehe that movie cracks me up nothin better then seeing a rice rocket beat a Legend Camaro!!! The Mighty YENKO at that!! I threw up when i saw that. I blame that movie on 90 percent of the ricers. Why does a FWD drive Honda need a rear wing? Isnt wings made for circle tracks and Indy cars? And i said NAAAAWWWWSS in a sarcastic way ..For you Fast N Slow guys. Cause i do Own NOS setup.Oh and Nitrous can explode but would take a serious freak accident like a 18 wheeler falling on it and smashing it to make it pop or flames can make it pop also.Thats why its not smart to use a flame tourch to heat your bottle.
Old 12-23-2004, 12:46 PM
beezy
2nd Gear Member

Where I live you can have the set up but you cant use it on the street. Thats what I was told by a guy I worked with that had a nice 3000GT with n20 set up
Old 12-23-2004, 01:17 PM
mdvaldosta
I ♥ Acer

Nitrous owns everything as far as pure power output is concerned, problem is that it isn't there all the time and you've got to refill the bottle. A 150 shot w/ a 10# bottle won't list but 3-4 passes down the track. I prefer a supercharger over nitrous because its there all the time, but nitrous is definately more power for less money to boot.
Old 12-23-2004, 01:39 PM
Birdieman4
5th Gear Member

The constant fill ups are a pain in the a**. It costs me $40.00 for a refill.
That is the best reason to do a blower. Do the math. If you are planning on owning a car on juice and filling the bottle, figure how much it's gonna cost. If it stays on your car for a year or more, you'll wish you did the blower.
A 150 shot w/ a 10# bottle won't list but 3-4 passes down the track.
...and that is conservative. If you can get 2-3 passes thats fairly normal. Unless your dad is a dentist, do the blower.
Old 12-23-2004, 01:41 PM
code3GT
Mustang Nazi

ORIGINAL: mdvaldosta

Nitrous owns everything as far as pure power output is concerned, problem is that it isn't there all the time and you've got to refill the bottle. A 150 shot w/ a 10# bottle won't list but 3-4 passes down the track. I prefer a supercharger over nitrous because its there all the time, but nitrous is definately more power for less money to boot.

I usually get 8-9 full passes with a 150 shot and 10lb bottle.
Old 12-23-2004, 01:45 PM
OUZBnd
3rd Gear Member

to confirm that nitrous is NON-flammable at room temp.

http://www.osha.gov/SLTC/healthguide...cognition.html

"* Flammability

Nitrous oxide is a non-flammable gas at room temperature."

Straight from osha
Old 12-23-2004, 02:13 PM
JayC
4th Gear Member

Well everybody has touched on the pro's and con's of both. But here's my 2 cents. Everytime I'm on the street and go WOT........ I wish I had a blower.

Everytime I'm on the track and go WOT ......I'm glad I have nitrous Nothing "hits" like nitrous.... it's very addictive. On the dyno my car went from ~150rwtq to over 500rwtq in the span of ~ 200 rpm. Now that's sweet

Jay
Old 12-23-2004, 02:27 PM
stonemonk9
3rd Gear Member

Originally I wasnt a fan a nitrous, its kind of like fake power. I mean say your on the street racing a LS1 (not that I would ever race on the street!) and you cant hit your nitrous, your probably get smoked where as a supercharger is going to be eager to tear that LS1 up and you dont have to push a button. On the other side, the more I think about it, if I could push a button and my car went CRAZY FAST, that would be sweet as hell! I guess id say do both! but start with the S/C! lol
Old 12-23-2004, 03:42 PM
OUZBnd
3rd Gear Member

Instead of dumping money i don't have into my car this summer on a supercharger.. what 4k? after all the hidden cost, if not more? I am going to get some longtubes, a nitrous kit and a set of drag radials. Saves me money, and I can still be fast
Old 12-24-2004, 03:55 AM
2000GT4.6
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: stonemonk9

Originally I wasnt a fan a nitrous, its kind of like fake power. I mean say your on the street racing a LS1 (not that I would ever race on the street!) and you cant hit your nitrous, your probably get smoked where as a supercharger is going to be eager to tear that LS1 up and you dont have to push a button. On the other side, the more I think about it, if I could push a button and my car went CRAZY FAST, that would be sweet as hell! I guess id say do both! but start with the S/C! lol
Why not just invest a few more dollars and get a remote opener kit? Flick a switch, purge it, and go.

Quick Reply: superchargers vs. nitrous