4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

raced a viper

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2004, 01:34 PM
04GT
1st Gear Member

Default raced a viper

last night i was driving to the mall and a couple of guys in a viper wanted to race me, being really stupid i accepted the challenge, i have a 2004 mustang GT with only cold air intake, and exhaust, when we raced i beat him off the start, but then seconds later that guy blew by me and beat me by many car lengths, it was about a 1/4 mile. he then pulls up besides me and says what is that? a GT? and i said yea, then he goes, wow i just wasted my time on that peace of sh*t, and then blew by again.....must have thought it was a cobra since i have the aniversary chrome wheels that look similar to the cobras.
Old 12-27-2004, 01:43 PM
DILO2001GT
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: raced a viper

wow that guy was a d!ck. you shoulda wait until your car has 80,000 bucks into it and then see what happens.
Old 12-27-2004, 01:49 PM
SilverGTV8
4th Gear Member

Guys like that don't deserve cars like that.

I like to think of myself as a car conisuer (sp?). I enjoy driving and try to find the good things about a car and the bad things too. I have driven vipers, fast cars, good handleing, ungodly grunt in the power band, but the pedals are not directly infront of you but pushed off to the center of the car a bit. You kinda feel like you are sitting sidways. Doesn't make it a bad car.

a GT I like it, nice feed back throught the wheel and pedals. Decent feedback through the seats, steering is just the right resitance. Tranny soso needs a little work, but a short shifter works well when change. Gearing is a little tame for a sports car (hence people put 4.10s)

When people say stuff like that to people they don't know, it makes them look like a$$e$. If it was a friend it is usually jokingly or understood. People who think they are the $hit usually aren't what they think they are and aren't always able to be shown that they are not.

Raceing a viper is not something most people can say. Sure you lost, but atleast you tried. Most people wouldn't want to put a check in the lose column. I would anyday to race a exotic/rare car just to say I did.
Old 12-27-2004, 01:56 PM
jdaniel
I ♥ Acer

I would have rear ended his @$$ and said "whoops... I just wasted my front bumper on your pretty Viper" then tell the cops that he brake checked you. (brake checks are illegal in Tx)
Old 12-27-2004, 04:31 PM
Dan04COBRA
Super Moderator

Should have said...

"I could've lost even worse if you knew how to drive that thing"
Old 12-27-2004, 04:35 PM
me alot fast than u
I ♥ Acer

this is why you have a 150 shot......and say let's try again.....then look at his face[:@]
Old 12-27-2004, 04:47 PM
import slayer
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: me alot fast than u

this is why you have a 150 shot......and say let's try again.....then look at his face[:@]
Even that probably wouldn't be enough for a viper. The viper is about the same weight as a GT and has 500hp and 525 ft/lbs of torque.
That 150 shot would only put him at around 410hp. He would need more juice than that.
Stock vipers run mid 11's
Yeah, that guy sounded like a dick though.
Nothing wrong with getting beat by a worthy car...at least it wasn't some Honda or something that you wouldn't expect to get beat by.

Old 12-27-2004, 05:06 PM
xRockThePonyx
6th Gear Member

Wow, what an ***. Even though you lost, don't worry about it-- just take it as a fun challenge... and we know you're definitely the more mature person, since that guy is full of himself.
Old 12-27-2004, 05:07 PM
Ryan4.6vert
1st Gear Member

i wouldnt be bummed in the least bit by losing to a viper. too bad some of the guys who drive them are a$$'s by making stupid remarks like he did. but hey, you out-drove him! the only way he won was because of a huge horsepower advantage! and silvergtv8 is right by saying, "People who think they are the $hit usually aren't what they think they are and aren't always able to be shown that they are not. " the truly good drivers and people with truly fast cars will not make such ignorant comments. someday he will run into a guy like me with a 500 rwhp car and get wasted while he is thinking he is the $hit.
Old 12-27-2004, 05:20 PM
Birdieman4
5th Gear Member

last night i was driving to the mall and a couple of guys in a viper wanted to race me, being really stupid i accepted the challenge, i have a 2004 mustang GT with only cold air intake, and exhaust, when we raced i beat him off the start, but then seconds later that guy blew by me and beat me by many car lengths, it was about a 1/4 mile. he then pulls up besides me and says what is that? a GT? and i said yea, then he goes, wow i just wasted my time on that peace of sh*t, and then blew by again.....must have thought it was a cobra since i have the aniversary chrome wheels that look similar to the cobras
...Just the situation I was looking for before my E car got wrecked. Boy, I wish I could have pulled up next to those guys in the E car. After handing them their ***, I would have rubbed it in, and said something like, "gosh, that's all you get for $80,000 +? Who ripped you off? Give it to Henessey, then we'll talk"

Quick Reply: raced a viper