4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

P.I....Over rated. Who cares

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2007, 07:27 PM
Matts00GT
4th Gear Member

Default RE: P.I....Over rated. Who cares

Though it is a retarded post, I do somewhat agree. Might as well buy some better heads from a known vendor than just stock PI heads. Unless you can get the PI parts for a good deal.
Old 05-31-2007, 07:32 PM
oxfordgt
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Juiced98GT

It seems like there is always this constant thread or post on the internet or conversation with fellow motor heads about the p.i swap in the 96-98 GT's. Well F#@$ that...... I raced a Brand new NA Saleen last week, And a **** ton of P.I mustangs. I beat a 2002 GT with 4 big *** guys in my 98 squeezing a 50 shot, I beat a modded 2000 GT with no juice,and I always rape stock P.I. cars. I will say though i sprayed on the Saleen and only won by about a hood but i still won. If your going to put new heads and intake on your car don't get some busted to **** heads from the junkyard just go buy some good heads. **** on P.I who cares about it if you want big numbers get boost, If you want to beat up on other mustangs get some bolt ons,gears,and a short throw. And that's all i got to say about that.
Come to TN. I will race you for pinks and you can use all the spray you want.
Old 05-31-2007, 07:33 PM
wgdt21
5th Gear Member

haha....wow.[&:]
Old 05-31-2007, 07:36 PM
ZW99GT
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Matts00GT

Though it is a retarded post, I do somewhat agree. Might as well buy some better heads from a known vendor than just stock PI heads. Unless you can get the PI parts for a good deal.
Thats the entire point. Most people sell their stock PI stuff to NPI people when they upgrade, or it comes off of a car at the junkyard.

No one goes and BUYS brand new PI stuff, except maybe the intake.

USED FTW!!!!!!!
Jexey
2nd Gear Member

you wont go anywhere with a pi car
giggle gas it until it explodes - besides that your car wont respond to mods whatsoever

Matts00GT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ZW99GT

Thats the entire point. Most people sell their stock PI stuff to NPI people when they upgrade, or it comes off of a car at the junkyard.

Yeah, I know but I'd rather buy aftermarket heads. Its not a swap I'd want to do twice...
Old 05-31-2007, 07:41 PM
Zanador
2nd Gear Member

NPI cars fall flat on their faces after 4000 RPM. I should know, considering I have a 96GT. The PI swap is not simply about numbers, it evens out the power band and gives you the ability to pull to redline. THAT is what the huge difference between NPI and PI is. IMO, stock PI heads are fine, but you should get aftermarket cams to put in, instead of stock PI cams. Intake is your choice, but I personally would get a aluminum one.
Old 05-31-2007, 07:44 PM
ZW99GT
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ZW99GT

Yeah, I know but I'd rather buy aftermarket heads. Its not a swap I'd want to do twice...
Entire PI swap what? $600-1000 depending on where you get what

Patriot heads $1200-1550
Comp Cams$400-500
Nice intake$500-1200

Not really the same deal here. Obviously if you have 3 grad to spend on the H/C/I swapand install, you wouldnt be thinking about PI "crap"
Old 05-31-2007, 07:56 PM
Juiced98GT
1st Gear Member

d
Old 05-31-2007, 07:59 PM
Juiced98GT
1st Gear Member

Lmao hahaha well first off it's definetly not the driver and for those of you who said that you are making my day because i've raced a dozen P.I cars and have not lost yet.....So it's definetly not the driver.... Second The p.i swap IS overrated, go buy some real heads if youre going to do it...go big or go home why put your self at the level of just another mustang if your going to spend the money. Third.....For the deush from TN why don't you trailor your P.O.S to the mile high city and have some fun with us buddy? **** talking is gay that's why i'm not going to do it and have not done it at all on here but just to prove my point i will race my buddys 2000 GT with 4:10's and exhaust and video it from a stop from a 30 drop and on the highway i don't give a ****....

Quick Reply: P.I....Over rated. Who cares