4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Prochamber installed... disappointed!!!!

Old 06-04-2007, 03:04 PM
rainydayracing
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Prochamber installed... disappointed!!!!

ORIGINAL: Jaybird79
ORIGINAL: PWORLDSTANG
ORIGINAL: Jaybird79
Oh by the way I've been getting high and enjoying the fumes coming from my O/R midpipe. It smells like heaven! *passes out*
Haha. Gotta love that smell.

But you know what you gotta do with your set up. IMO, it seems like the prochamber was made for chambered exhaust systems. They just sound so good together. But that's JMO. I know different people have different taste in exhaust sounds. And a lot of people are in love with the prochamber no matter what catback it's paired to.
... But when you pair the prochamber up with a chambered exhaust, it just has MUSTANG written all over it.
You hit the nail on the head man. Next paycheck I am ordering the MAC catback. Screw Magnaflow. Hey how much different will the MAC sound compared to Flowmaster? Are they basically the same? I really love the sound of Flowmaster, but never heard MAC in person. Like I said, if Flowmaster made a stainless system I would be all over it, but MAC looks to be what I should get.
Mac and flows are similar. My buddy has flows on his camaro, and I have mac. My are louder. His might be a bit deeper. They are close, but side by side you can hear some differences. Then again, it's not exactly apples to apples - the engines could be responsible for some of the sound difference.
Old 06-04-2007, 03:06 PM
red99gt
2nd Gear Member

Yea. The prochamber is definately for chamber mufflers. I have it on my flow 40 series and it sound great, just wished it was a little louder. You have to expect some raspyness when going off-road. Im thinking about dumping my exhaust right after the muffler like a friend of mine.
Old 06-04-2007, 03:08 PM
PWORLDSTANG
4th Gear Member

I've never heard Mac on a 2V before, but I've heard it on a 4V Cobra. One of my boys has Mac exhaust on his Cobra.

His car compared to mine, as far as loudness goes, is louder when just cruising, and at WOT throttle. The only time I'm louder than him is when at idle. Part of this is because he has an X pipe compared to my H.

As far as sound comparison, they sound A LOT alike in tone and deepness. The only real difference is the loudness and how each exhaust holds it tone. Under acceleration, flowmaster can get "tinny", but still have a nice low and deep sound. Under acceleration, the Mac system holds it's deepness just a tad bit more, so It sounds slightly deeper under acceleration.
Old 06-04-2007, 03:11 PM
PWORLDSTANG
4th Gear Member

I have two sound clips that I found a while backI could post of a Prochamber with flows, and a prochamber with Mac exhasut If you want. They both are on 4V motors though. The sound would be somewhat similar on a 2V...

Old 06-04-2007, 03:27 PM
GT4G4Me
1st Gear Member

Send those exhaust clips!!! I want to hear it because I'm thinking of installing mac LTs and a prochamber O/R H midpipe on my flowmaster cat-back 2000 stang.
Old 06-04-2007, 03:40 PM
PWORLDSTANG
4th Gear Member

Mac 3" Cat Back with O/R prochamber
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/1...2a00034de1.htm

Mac LT's, O/R Prochamber, Flowmaster Cat Back.
http://videos.streetfire.net/search/...4546671642.htm

I took these from the exhaust soundboard over on SVTP. While these are both on Cobra's, It still gives a good general idea of how it would sound on a 2V.
Old 06-04-2007, 04:12 PM
POISND U
5th Gear Member

I can't believe nobody noticed this.......:

Brenspeed sent me two drivers side Eliminators so I need to replace 1 and get the passenger side one. No CEL yet.
You have to take a razor blade and shave off the little tabs on the O2 sensor clip. Then it plugs right in. Steedas MIL eliminators said this in the instructions, anyway...
Old 06-04-2007, 04:14 PM
Jaybird79
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: POISND U

I can't believe nobody noticed this.......:

Brenspeed sent me two drivers side Eliminators so I need to replace 1 and get the passenger side one. No CEL yet.
You have to take a razor blade and shave off the little tabs on the O2 sensor clip. Then it plugs right in. Steedas MIL eliminators said this in the instructions, anyway...
So I shave the tabs on the other clip and it plugs into the passenger side O2 sensor? Cool stuff. I will have to do that.
Old 06-04-2007, 04:41 PM
GStam66
4th Gear Member

prochambers are good with flows from what ive heard. i like the sound of my flowmasters, but theyre pretty damn restrictive. and im not a fan of their american thunder catback. [&o]
Old 06-04-2007, 06:03 PM
stangintheblue
1st Gear Member

heres my exhaust clip mac 3" catback with o/r prochamber

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwg1CRF-aYI

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Prochamber installed... disappointed!!!!