4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Prochamber installed... disappointed!!!!

Old 06-04-2007, 06:12 PM
FrostByte
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Prochamber installed... disappointed!!!!

I love my pipe configuration. I was surpised how the SuperCharger changed the tone of the exhaust.
Old 06-04-2007, 06:33 PM
99shadowGT
2nd Gear Member

+1 on the mac...i have 3" mac with o/r x...it'll sound different than a prochamber, but the mac will definatly help you out. i find the difference btwn mac and flows is that mac is a bit louder, maybe somewhat more metalic sounding...whereas flows are the more "traditional" mustang sound..i'd say mac ftw!
Old 06-04-2007, 07:00 PM
AJ06GT
5th Gear Member

Oh yeah, the Mac CB + PC is one of the best sounding setups you can get on a Mustang. I love the sound of it every day . Prochambers do sound better on chambered mufflers, however I don't believe for a second that your car almost sounds the same as stock. If it does, do the IAC mod, then it'll idle around 800 and that's just enough to get that idle loud.

In fact, my car sounds so good... I'm gonna go get in it and drive home right now. [8D]
Old 06-04-2007, 07:12 PM
jpmustanggt
5th Gear Member

I have a full MAC exhaust and the only thing I can complain about is when idling down it makes some awful noise, like grinding or something.
Old 06-04-2007, 07:32 PM
Jaybird79
4th Gear Member

Stangintheblue, your MAC system sounds INCREDIBLE, that's exactly the sound I am going for. Yours is the 3" catback? Will a stainless steel 2.5" sound the same? How bad is the drone? That's the only thing I'm worried about. But, I am definately in the market for a stainless steel MAC catback. Hopefully it improves the sound because now it sounds like crap IMO. And hopefully it will be the last time I touch my exhaust. I'm sick of having to spend this money to get it to sound right. Deep down though, I"m a chambered muffler guy, so MAC should make me happy.

And about those gas fumes, man I smell like I've been in a garage all day. I went to work and people noticed I smelled like gasoline. Also I can feel it a little when I breath. LOL, I'm sure I'll get used to it though. I've never owned a car with an O/R midpipe before.
Old 06-04-2007, 08:31 PM
stangintheblue
1st Gear Member

the drone isnt bad at all. The dronea little bit of a lower pitch than the flowmasters so its not as annoying. Actually i kind of like it but thats just me lol. I love my exhaust and dont plan on ever changing it, well except to add some L/T's
Old 06-04-2007, 08:37 PM
Jaybird79
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: stangintheblue

the drone isnt bad at all. The dronea little bit of a lower pitch than the flowmasters so its not as annoying. Actually i kind of like it but thats just me lol. I love my exhaust and dont plan on ever changing it, well except to add some L/T's
Thanks for the feedback. I think it will be tolerable. I just am not happy with the Magnapacks at all. I almost wish I kept my stock H pipe because I think it muffled some of the crapiness of the Magnapacks. It has bite when you go WOT but otherwise it just doesn't sound right, not like a Mustang should at least. I think with an X pipe it would sound good but then again I don't like raspiness at all. I want it deep, throaty with lots of tone. MAC is where it's at.

But in any event, I'll go with MAC. Why did you chose the 3" over the 2.5"? I'll probably get the 2.5" because I am getting stainless steel. I don't think they have the 3" in SS.

About the MIL eliminator, I spoke with Brenspeed and they are sending me the passenger side MIL. I tried to go undernearth to see what they did but the car is too low.
Old 06-04-2007, 08:41 PM
red2k1gt
5th Gear Member

I could be wrong but I think he meant to say 3" tips. a 3" catback is going to lose a lot of backpressure on a fairly stock car and thus lose hp. Why dont you try an o/r with your packs?
Old 06-04-2007, 08:47 PM
Adam03GT
5th Gear Member

Im sorry your not happy... I think mac sounds alot better than flows
Old 06-04-2007, 08:54 PM
Jaybird79
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: red2k1gt

I could be wrong but I think he meant to say 3" tips. a 3" catback is going to lose a lot of backpressure on a fairly stock car and thus lose hp. Why dont you try an o/r with your packs?
An O/R H or X? My Prochamber is O/R.

Heya Adam, yeah I'm going with MAC for sure. I thought about Spintech, but finding a catback of theirs won't be easy.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Prochamber installed... disappointed!!!!