4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Bullitt Susp. Kit + SLP Cat Xpipe? Low?

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2007, 04:36 AM
ChrisZio04GT
1st Gear Member

Default Bullitt Susp. Kit + SLP Cat Xpipe? Low?

Hey Guys, I live in the south suburbs of Chicago and its really not that bad around here with speed bumps and everything, but I really want to get the Bullitt susp. kit because I did alot of reading and seems like best bang for the buck, also it doesnt lower the car that much and is pretty good for just a DD car, for 500 dollars and I work in a shop so install would be nothing sounds perfect.

I never once bottom out with the xpipe and I want to keep it that way, I was wondering if anyone else had this setup with the catted xpipe? also is there anyway you can get the xpipe to go up a little higher or is it impossible?

Thanks in advance,
Chris
Old 06-05-2007, 05:03 AM
2000GT4.6
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Bullitt Susp. Kit + SLP Cat Xpipe? Low?

You will be 100 percent fine with that setup.

what are you wanting to do with the car though? The bullitt setup is OK, but its nothing spectaular. For a little more money you can do a true aftermarket setup and have a much better car.
Old 06-05-2007, 05:18 AM
mvr
6th Gear Member

the slp x does hang low, just drop it. i plan too drop mine within the next month or two, i already have the springs.
Old 06-05-2007, 06:10 AM
BleedinBlue
5th Gear Member

Were you looking at that full Bullitt suspension kit I guess? IIRC that only gives like a 0.75 inch drop, thats not much at all. Unless you are set on the kit, I'd get at least C springs, which are either a 1 inch or a 1.25 inch drop (I don't remember exactly)
Old 06-05-2007, 06:31 AM
Aereon
5th Gear Member

lols.. I can fit 1 1/1 fingers in the wheel gap in front and 2 in the wheel gap in the rear.. my xpipe scrapes everything! It's about 1 1/2 to 2"'s off the ground. I'm planning on asking a muffler shop to tuck the slp x pipe and the slp catback up a bit.. gonna switch from lmII's to lmI's at the same time. The bullitt kit is a great budget setup, if your gonna do the work yourself. If not look to spend up to 1k-1.5k for parts and labor.. I spent 1.4k on my coilovers and installed them myself following the directions mm provides.

In order for your xpipe to be tucked higher your gonna have to have a welder or a muffler shop cut and reweld some of the piping. It's better to have them do that than to leave your exhaust on a speedbump.
Old 06-05-2007, 06:38 AM
BleedinBlue
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Aereon

lols.. I can fit 1 1/1 fingers in the wheel gap in front and 2 in the wheel gap in the rear.. my xpipe scrapes everything! It's about 1 1/2 to 2"'s off the ground. I'm planning on asking a muffler shop to tuck the slp x pipe and the slp catback up a bit.. gonna switch from lmII's to lmI's at the same time. The bullitt kit is a great budget setup, if your gonna do the work yourself. If not look to spend up to 1k-1.5k for parts and labor.. I spent 1.4k on my coilovers and installed them myself following the directions mm provides.

In order for your xpipe to be tucked higher your gonna have to have a welder or a muffler shop cut and reweld some of the piping. It's better to have them do that than to leave your exhaust on a speedbump.
Do wuhhh? [&:] For the Bullitt kit? Isn't the bullitt kit just springs, shocks/struts and sway bars or something? Surely no shop would charge a grand for a simple suspension job.
Old 06-05-2007, 09:09 AM
jpmustanggt
5th Gear Member

The bullitt kit is a good kit for someone that wants just a little bit more handling. IMO I would go ahead and get another kit. U/L control arms, shocks and struts (adjustable if you have the cash), subframe connectors...
It really depends on what you want from the car tho.
Old 06-05-2007, 06:24 PM
Aereon
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jpmustanggt

The bullitt kit is a good kit for someone that wants just a little bit more handling. IMO I would go ahead and get another kit. U/L control arms, shocks and struts (adjustable if you have the cash), subframe connectors...
It really depends on what you want from the car tho.
better handling and aftermarket uca's do not go hand in hand when your talking about mustang handling.. Most people will delete the uca's as they are placed in a horrible spot and do neither of the job they are supposed to do well... (locate the axle and control windup) Aftermarket UCA's are much more rigid, causing the rear to bind much more easily on simple turns or corners.

I did not say install was over a grand, your looking at about 400-600 depending on where you go for install and alignment. I said 1k-1.5k parts/labor.
Old 06-05-2007, 07:34 PM
ChrisZio04GT
1st Gear Member

It is my dd car and I am going to get a procharger in a year or so, I just wanted to do little to the suspension so it isnt that stock I also dont want to spend over 700 bucks, 500 for Bullitt kit and 100 for subframe connectors. this is going to be my DD not really going to take it to the track thats why I was just going to get this package.

Is there any other packages out there that are a little better? Maybe around 600 bucks or so?
Old 06-05-2007, 08:17 PM
GT03 TJS
3rd Gear Member

you could always sell your underdrive pullies to add to the suspension fund (as you'll need to take them off if you get a supercharger anyway)

I personally like the way my car handles now and I have minimal suspension work done.....steeda sport springs, tokico 5-way S/S, subframe connectors, caster camber plates and bumpsteer kit....it wasnt too expensive either and other than the subframes which i had welded in at an exhaust shop, me and my good friend spent an afternoon installing everything.

i use my car for a daily driver, no track duty.....but its a lot more fun to throw around now.

try http://stangsuspension.com/store/com...?idCategory=27

and check out the packages they offer....thats where i got most of my stuff

Quick Reply: Bullitt Susp. Kit + SLP Cat Xpipe? Low?