4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

blower install/shavings in oil pan

Old 06-11-2007, 06:03 PM
mikeyb
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: blower install/shavings in oil pan

Sorry about going off topic away from this tim guy, but how can you tell when your blower has a bad bearing?
Old 06-11-2007, 06:20 PM
ZW99GT
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Quicktime_GT

ORIGINAL: 2000GT4.6

Tim's probably one of the (if not the) baddest 2v tuners out there, espcially for FI cars, but I am not giving up my synthetic oil.

I haven't seen any useage or had any problems, and synthetic is just too bad *** to give up. I have no doubt its saved even my engine a few times during overrev etc.

I dont know this "Tim" but I do know that I called MPH the other day trying to order a svt focus pump and "Tim" didn't have time to call me back. He must have been playing in oil.
I feel the same way. I call Brian at TexasHotRods, and he answers the phone almost everytime(if not he calls me back soon) and talks to me about everything. Answers all my questions in detial, and even asks stuff like how my car's running and so on. My local tuner DynoSpeedRacing, also does the same thing.

I called MPH 2 or 3 times asking some good meaningful questions about my dyno sheet and wether he thought I needed a retune, N20 questions, MAF questions, etc..... never got ahold of anyone. I then sent an email a couple days later and I finally got back a reply something like.

dyno pull $XX.XX
SCT tuning $XXX.XX

That's it. Not even one question answered. I know they are busy/ supposedly the best but customer service BLOWS. I would BY FAR, WITHOUT A DOUBT drive 14 hours to Texas to deal with someone like THR that ginuinely give two ****s, as opposed to 4 hours to MPH.

[/End Rant/]

I run Mobil1 synthetic. When I get thru with a bottle or two, I can notice a little oil level drop(blow by and pulling it into the intake)

Just fill that bish back up and do it again.
Old 06-11-2007, 06:31 PM
2002GTAUTOVERT
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: LetThePoniesRunFree
I run synthetic in both the KB and the engine. In fact, KB recommends it.
11psi with no "blowby".
+1
Old 06-12-2007, 12:16 AM
thebert686
1st Gear Member

what is there to get used to ..lol its a car drive it or is 260hp to much for you ...give it up man ...i was wrong and you rubbed it in my face...its over, i already forgot about it,,..lol
ORIGINAL: H0SS302

ORIGINAL: thebert686

i like the bashing around here....hoss that was not needed man,..your the one riding around in a almost complete stock car..lol

ORIGINAL: H0SS302

ORIGINAL: thebert686

does your blower set up use a oil line from your pan?

if it does this is why your blower bearings went bad!
lol....[sm=bangbang.gif] as 2000gt4.6 sayed thats how some blowers are set up. read a little 1st next time
haha that wasnt bashing...if u want bashing ill give u bashing.
and sorry iv only had my car for a few months and wanted to get used to driving it 1st befor i got in over my head with mods. maybe you should spend a litle more time reading and a little less talking out ur ***.
Old 06-12-2007, 12:27 AM
LetThePoniesRunFree
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: svt_97cobra

Are you supposed to add more oil in your car with a Vortech than you normally would if your car was stock? The reason I'm asking is because when I start my car and turn it off then check the oil, the oil level is low, then I can start my car and turn it off and let it set for about 10 min then check my oil the oil level is full. Does this happen to anyone elses car?
It takes time for the oil to drain from the top end back to the pan. Hence the low oil level on your dip stick.

Well, maybe it was just blowby.[8D]
Old 06-12-2007, 12:55 AM
jpmustanggt
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mikeyb

Sorry about going off topic away from this tim guy, but how can you tell when your blower has a bad bearing?
http://s63.photobucket.com/albums/h1...rent=lower.flv
Old 06-12-2007, 04:53 PM
svt_97cobra
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: LetThePoniesRunFree

ORIGINAL: svt_97cobra

Are you supposed to add more oil in your car with a Vortech than you normally would if your car was stock? The reason I'm asking is because when I start my car and turn it off then check the oil, the oil level is low, then I can start my car and turn it off and let it set for about 10 min then check my oil the oil level is full. Does this happen to anyone elses car?
It takes time for the oil to drain from the top end back to the pan. Hence the low oil level on your dip stick.

Well, maybe it was just blowby.[8D]
[hr]

How could it be blow-by? If my oil level stayed low I could see how, but after a few mins the oil level was back at full
Old 06-12-2007, 05:35 PM
2000GT4.6
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ZW99GT

ORIGINAL: Quicktime_GT

ORIGINAL: 2000GT4.6

Tim's probably one of the (if not the) baddest 2v tuners out there, espcially for FI cars, but I am not giving up my synthetic oil.

I haven't seen any useage or had any problems, and synthetic is just too bad *** to give up. I have no doubt its saved even my engine a few times during overrev etc.

I dont know this "Tim" but I do know that I called MPH the other day trying to order a svt focus pump and "Tim" didn't have time to call me back. He must have been playing in oil.
I feel the same way. I call Brian at TexasHotRods, and he answers the phone almost everytime(if not he calls me back soon) and talks to me about everything. Answers all my questions in detial, and even asks stuff like how my car's running and so on. My local tuner DynoSpeedRacing, also does the same thing.

I called MPH 2 or 3 times asking some good meaningful questions about my dyno sheet and wether he thought I needed a retune, N20 questions, MAF questions, etc..... never got ahold of anyone. I then sent an email a couple days later and I finally got back a reply something like.

dyno pull $XX.XX
SCT tuning $XXX.XX

That's it. Not even one question answered. I know they are busy/ supposedly the best but customer service BLOWS. I would BY FAR, WITHOUT A DOUBT drive 14 hours to Texas to deal with someone like THR that ginuinely give two ****s, as opposed to 4 hours to MPH.

[/End Rant/]

I run Mobil1 synthetic. When I get thru with a bottle or two, I can notice a little oil level drop(blow by and pulling it into the intake)

Just fill that bish back up and do it again.
For some reason at times they are simply extremely difficult to get ahold of by phone. Other times they don't seem to be as busy etc. I have never had them fail to return a call or email, but at times it does take awhile for them to get back to you.

However, I have had nothing but great experences with them overall. The mongoose kit was awsome, the tune dead on, and all the other stuff I have ever ordered has gotten in on time and was exactly as promised.

I don't know why they are hard to get ahold of, and I agree it can suck at times, but its not enough to pass up the tuning and quailty of parts/service etc I have gotten out of their shop. IMO there is simply no better tuner of FI 2v cars in the world.

we are along way off topic though....