4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

To guys with Cobra Hoods

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2007, 05:37 PM
ramprat
1st Gear Member

Default RE: To guys with Cobra Hoods

actually in florida it's not hard to find cobras, theres 9 cobras for sale at a lot locally here and 3 mach 1's, not to mention here at Blacks Automotive they have 3 and Lamotta has 2 fully built ones. i'm glad your gt eats cobras good for you - and most people don't look at badges half the time anyway they notice the body first, then the badges afterwards.. which makes it worse because people will then assume 'wow what an asshat, fake cobra.. lul' that's why.
Old 06-11-2007, 06:21 PM
bigjohnson4.6gt
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ramprat

actually in florida it's not hard to find cobras, theres 9 cobras for sale at a lot locally here and 3 mach 1's, not to mention here at Blacks Automotive they have 3 and Lamotta has 2 fully built ones. i'm glad your gt eats cobras good for you - and most people don't look at badges half the time anyway they notice the body first, then the badges afterwards.. which makes it worse because people will then assume 'wow what an asshat, fake cobra.. lul' that's why.
why do you care so much as to what he is doing? he could probably care less to your opinion like most of us here listening to you
Old 06-11-2007, 06:24 PM
2002GTAUTOVERT
5th Gear Member

people dont look at badges?? please... when i was N/A id always look at badges to see if it was a 6'er, GT or SVT. when you have fake badges, then youre trying to be something youre not, a bumper and a hood doesnt make a car something its not. bumpers and hoods (unless its for clearance) are purely cosmetic, and serve no purpose as to impose a certain perception as to the model. there are alot of different stuff the cobra has besides a hood and front bumper, try the rear bumper (some with cobra on it), the "wing" on the trunk, the exhaust wrapping around the gas tank, the black horizontal thing on the bottom of the rear bumper. thats like saying a mustang with tinted or euro lights on it is trying to be a civic or prelude.
Old 06-11-2007, 08:06 PM
ramprat
1st Gear Member

why are you 'listening' or quoting if you don't? make sense next time.
Old 06-12-2007, 12:29 AM
thbdjacks
1st Gear Member

Haha well i didnt intend this post to be a war over fobras but I just want the hood for clearance issues and I do like the style of the bumper and hood so thanks for all the input guys.
Old 06-12-2007, 01:13 AM
timi
2nd Gear Member

thbdjacks
i'm with u buddy! get your cobra hood, bumper, stay with the oem gt rear bumper. don't listen to those who teases about fobra. if down the road you get a kenne belle you'll need the hood and the front bumper just looks better.

don't worry about someone who may or maynot 'go around town saying they beat a cobra' but didn't cause it's a gt:
they don't know what theyre talkn bout
theyll get beat by a real one when with friends one day
who gives a rats ***...it's never gonna happen, and IF it does it's cause they have nos, turbos, different engine, 1500 lbs lighter, spent 30k + on everything just to beat you....umm...ok..i..guess you beat me, so the hell what!
Old 06-12-2007, 11:10 AM
thbdjacks
1st Gear Member

Thanks timi, a question though, how does your exhaust sound? do you have any exhaust clips?
Old 06-26-2007, 02:36 PM
thbdjacks
1st Gear Member

anyways looks like im really going to have to do something about my front bumper anyways. i was passing a semi on the freeway and the semi's tire blew out and hit my bumper. now its all scarred up and shards of the radial belt are embedded in the bumper.

Dr. Benjamin Jackson, M.D. OB/GYN FTW!!!
Old 06-26-2007, 03:15 PM
majinprodigy
3rd Gear Member

1) if parts werent made to be interchangeable then your right, dont try to make it look like a cobra BUT since most mustang parts are its fords idea of basically saying YOU CAN CUSTOMIZE YOUR CAR.
and what fun would it be if you had a car that looked the same as everyone elses..
2) people can clearly tell his car is a GT because no rear decklid, gt badges and sideskirts.
3) im putting a cobra hood on my bullitt, does that make it any less of one because im switching out factory hood for something that looks better and is functional?

+1 do whatever you want as long as you dont claim it a cobra.
Old 06-26-2007, 04:25 PM
arcticman37
3rd Gear Member

Go with the hood/bumper thbdjacks it looks sexy, its your money and your car who cares what anyone else thinks.

Quick Reply: To guys with Cobra Hoods