4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

those with aftermarket lower c/a

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2007, 03:07 AM
2000GT4.6
6th Gear Member

Default RE: those with aftermarket lower c/a

I have the el cheapo blue oval industries ones and ride was not effected that much. I did the entire suspension at once, and while i could notice the difference I can dial most of it out by adjusting the shocks/struts if I want to.
Old 06-12-2007, 03:43 AM
LetThePoniesRunFree
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 5speedstang

so this weekend i desiced to start upgrading my suspension and body siffining. i bought steeda stb and HPM megabite lower control arms. let me tell you the quality of those control arms is amazing. install was easier than i thought but it still was tough.

now i have eibach prokit on my stang. it rode almost like factory when i had just them on. i installed the HPM megabite lower control arms yesterday. took her out for a test drive and it felt like i forgot to put the springs and shocks in. it drives like a darn bord with wheels. it is so rough. do all lower control arms with prokit ride rough. the stance is alot lower in the rear. it almost matches the front and it looks amazing.

next week i am ordering HPM megabite adj. upper control arms and full lenght subframe connectors. than i will almost be done.
I don't have the pro kit springs, but when I did my lower CA's I did notice an additional stiffening of the rear end. Perhaps the combination of a shorter/stiffer spring and a more ridged rear end due to the CA's is attributing to your concern. May I hopefully talk you out of waisting your money on the upper CA's? The factory uppers are rigid enough for anything other than a car used for road racing or a drag car. Unless you plan on doing autocross, (which you'll wind up not using an upper ca anyways), or a drag car, you really don't need to mess with the factory uca.
Old 06-12-2007, 03:46 AM
radaman
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 5speedstang

no one wants to answer my question. all im asking is if your car got really bumpy after you put aftermarket control arms on?
I put on BMR upper/lower c arms and didnt notice anything but a better hooking rear end. I can only assume that it rides a bit stiffer due to the arms being a solid peiece vs a stamped one. Do u have new shocks in the rear cause the stock ones may be shot as well. There are a few things that can make your car feel a bit bumpy in the rear...a well put togethersuspension sometimes makes for a stiffer ride.
Old 06-12-2007, 05:10 AM
99GTvert
is my username.

I have the same LCAs from HPM....damn did my ride get stiff, but at that point when I had 4.10s installed I have never had any axle hop ever. And yes, it did drop the rear of the car so it looked like it squats as it sits (thats the only suspension upgrade I have)
Old 06-12-2007, 12:20 PM
5speedstang
4th Gear Member

im ordering the upper control arms in a few weeks, and after the upper c/a and the full lenth subframe connectors i will be ordering strange 10 way adj shocks and struts. so hopefully that will help out.
Old 06-12-2007, 01:35 PM
exLT1to01GT
2nd Gear Member

good for you...the strange shocks/struts will help out a lot...dial it 5 clicks clockwise and u have a drag race setup...dial it one click back...you're daily driving again. Having lower/upper CA's will make the ride a little rougher even with the adjustables.
Old 06-12-2007, 01:41 PM
SN95FoxII
2nd Gear Member

So from what your saying is you still have your stocker shocks and struts, but your car is lowered and you have c/a's. You should of upgraded your shocks and struts when you did your springs because im sure they are shot now and causing all the unwanted extra bumpiness. Put some good shocks and strutsin there and it will take care of your problem, my car rides awesome with the suspension setup I have. Heres an idea go to your car and push down on it and see how much travel it has that will tell you everything, if it bounces up and down alot and does not get stiff theres your problem shocks and struts.