4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Fobras and my dilemma...

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2007, 05:08 PM
NotStok
3rd Gear Member

Default Fobras and my dilemma...

Im in the process of taking the big step and buying a Mongoose Vortech from MPH, and as far as appearance on my car goes, i'm a little torn, and could use some advice, guys.

I really love the way the 03/04 Cobras look, but I also completely understand that it wouldn't be a true Cobra (no certificate, i already did my searching, haha.) and I don't know if I want to mix and match different companies (Cobra R Hood, Roush bumper, etc) even though it does look sweet and no offense to you guys who have done this, your cars look incredible, I want a kit with pieces that were made to compliment each other. The only reason I would even think about going Cobra body parts is since I'll hopefully be pushing the power to back it up. I wouldn't badge it, of course, and I'm not sure how I would go about not getting crap for having COBRA on my rear bumper. How difficult is it to have the letters filled in? I love the Cobra bumper's look filled in and having the black insert at the bottom between the tips.

So basically what I'd like to get some opinions on is what should I go with appearance wise? All I have at the moment is a Mach grille delete, Saleens, and tail light tint.

Hope I didn't offend any Fobra haters yet, I dislike them myself and I love my GT, just looking for some meaner lines.

Old 06-12-2007, 05:15 PM
H0SS302
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Fobras and my dilemma...

as long as ur not riding around with a cobra rear bumber on ur GT it doesnt really matter what u put on body wise. more than half the people on here have some sort of cobra part or saleen or roush.. i would slap on a cobra front bumper tho cause those are sick.
Old 06-12-2007, 05:18 PM
Ryan86272
5th Gear Member

Well, I can ONLY see it to be ok to Cobra Badge a Car if it has Cobra Motor in it... Then i see it ok. Guy around me has a 2000GT COMPLETEY Coverted to a Cobra. Anybody on this site that knows mustangs can look it over and not know a Difference. (EVERYTHING is DONE) But as long as you dont Put Cobra Badges on your car, id say put any Body part on!!!
Old 06-12-2007, 05:29 PM
2000GT4.6
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: H0SS302

as long as ur not riding around with a cobra rear bumber on ur GT it doesnt really matter what u put on body wise. more than half the people on here have some sort of cobra part or saleen or roush.. i would slap on a cobra front bumper tho cause those are sick.
+1

So long as there are no cobra badges your not a fobra.

There was a fobra at a car show I went to last year, a younger girl had it. For some reason the hood never got opened....
Old 06-12-2007, 05:34 PM
NotStok
3rd Gear Member

Haha, that's definitely a dead giveaway. And thanks, good advice so far.

Just allocating my money ATM, hopefully diving into the S/C world in a month or so.
Old 06-12-2007, 06:05 PM
xcodegt
3rd Gear Member

It's a cobra when it has a 4v in it. I'm getting the rear bumper, but the "COBRA" lettering is going to be filled in and it's gonna be completely smooth
Old 06-12-2007, 06:07 PM
NotStok
3rd Gear Member

Well I don't really want to replicate a Cobra, just borrow some of its edge. The smooth rear bumper is something as I said is going to be a part of it, and I bet your car will look mean with it.
Old 06-12-2007, 06:38 PM
PushinTheLimit
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: xcodegt

It's a cobra when it has a 4v in it. I'm getting the rear bumper, but the "COBRA" lettering is going to be filled in and it's gonna be completely smooth
Not entirely true in my eyes. To me, a real cobra is one that was a cobra car production from the Ford factory. Anything else just imitates it. The vin number determines tell you what it really is. It could still be considered a really nice mustang... but not a cobra. Same could be said for putting all the exterior and motor pieces of a Mach I into a GT, still will never be a Mach I... but just a real nice V8 stang.
Old 06-12-2007, 06:50 PM
IWinULose
4th Gear Member

So I guess smoothing the 03/04 cobra bumper and putting it on a GT is gonna be the new thing..... [&o]
Gonna have to do something different with mine now...
At any rate, here's what it looks like:

Edit: I mixed and matched... rear bumper as above, mach 1 hood, roush stage 3 front....
Old 06-12-2007, 07:08 PM
Adam03GT
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: goldeneagle_10

ORIGINAL: xcodegt

Not entirely true in my eyes. To me, a real cobra is one that was a cobra car production from the Ford factory. Anything else just imitates it. The vin number determines tell you what it really is. It could still be considered a really nice mustang... but not a cobra. Same could be said for putting all the exterior and motor pieces of a Mach I into a GT, still will never be a Mach I... but just a real nice V8 stang.
Exactly goldeneagle. If it was not born a cobra/mach 1 then it will never be one.

But ya i say go for it. I love the cobra front bumper! And instead of spending all that money on a rear bumper you could get almost the same look by painting the bottom part of your current one!

Quick Reply: Fobras and my dilemma...