4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Best Supercharger to by for my car

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2007, 06:12 PM
JT76

Default RE: Best Supercharger to by for my car

Personal prefrence.........I think the best bang for the buck is the D-1 Procharger, it has a lot of potential if you plan on eventually buliding your motor (which you will want to do, trust me, enough is never enough)...and this is comming from a KB guy
Old 06-13-2007, 06:15 PM
2000GT4.6
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: redstanger

KB period... Vortechs are dyno queens thats it (if that haha). On the street they would be dominated by a Kenne Bell.
This is the most uninformed, incorrect, and utterly retarded post that has ever been made in 4.6L tech.. .and thats saying ALOT

what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I've ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response was there anything that could even be considered a rational thought. Everyonein thisthread is now dumber for havingreadit. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
Old 06-13-2007, 06:19 PM
JT76

ORIGINAL: 2000GT4.6

KB period... Vortechs are dyno queens thats it (if that haha). On the street they would be dominated by a Kenne Bell.
This is the most uninformed, incorrect, and utterly retarded post that has ever been made in 4.6L tech.. .and thats saying ALOT

what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I've ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response was there anything that could even be considered a rational thought. Everyonein thisthread is now dumber for havingreadit. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
Pwned.
Old 06-13-2007, 06:20 PM
clix813
4th Gear Member

LOL.. I think I would have to say procharger because you dont have to screw with the oil lines and crap. I dont have one but if I had a choise I would go with procharger. KB are nice but they just seem to expencive.
Old 06-13-2007, 06:21 PM
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

no need to be a total dick. a simple smartass sentence would suffice.
Old 06-13-2007, 06:23 PM
2000GT4.6
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: nanaki

no need to be a total dick. a simple smartass sentence would suffice.
I'm feeling pissy today, just got done giving up on a arguement on a local forum... a few of the guys seem to feel like DSMs are the ultimate street car and no american V8 can beat the alimighty AWD lol.

Posting **** like he did in 4.6L tech though... seriously. Sometimes not having that moderator tag under my name is an advantage... I can be adick when I want to
Old 06-13-2007, 06:25 PM
2000GT4.6
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: clix813

LOL.. I think I would have to say procharger because you dont have to screw with the oil lines and crap. I dont have one but if I had a choise I would go with procharger. KB are nice but they just seem to expencive.
I won't say that procharger doesn't have its advantages (each blower has advantages/disadvantages) but don't let the oil line thing scare you. I was pretty concerened/worried about it till I acutally did it myself in the garage.. and then I realised it was no big deal. Its about a 10 minute job and you never screw with it again.

Edit: IMO you can't really say which blower anyone should get without knowing alot more information than the orignal poster has provided. Its much more complicated (at least it is when its your 4K-6K+ on the line) than just saying KB or vortech without asking some questions.

What do you want to do with the car? What are your HONEST plans (not pie in the sky hopes). What is your budget? How do you drive the car (DD or pleasure only). There is alot to consider.

For instance, even owning a vortech car, I would probably recommend a ATI kit for someone that wanted to just install the blower kit, maybe do some exhaust, and leave it like that forever. On the other hand, I would probably say a novi 2000 if they were honestly going to build the motor and fuel system... etc etc etc
Old 06-13-2007, 07:51 PM
Chrome99
2nd Gear Member

.......Billy Madison?
Old 06-13-2007, 07:59 PM
shadowfoxx
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Chrome99

.......Billy Madison?

lol... that's what I was thinking...apparently Billy’s a member of the forums now.. lol

well,... at least it seems his pricipal is..
Old 06-13-2007, 08:02 PM
jpmustanggt
5th Gear Member

All of the blowers you have listed are good.
How much money are you willing to spend? Everyone always forgets paxton and the novi 2000. If I had to do it again I would definetly get a novi 2000. Since I bought the vortech instead I'll have to buy a new blower when I really really want the hp.
Theres so many factors in buying a blower, do your research, call the companies and ask questions. Dont buy a kb just b/c all the retards ono the forum say to!

Quick Reply: Best Supercharger to by for my car