4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

$$8500 Help me spend it

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2007, 05:12 PM
silverstang1996
5th Gear Member

Default RE: $$8500 Help me spend it

i'm with the guy who said go turbo, more easy and efficient way to make power, might sound rice but if i had $8.5k to spend that's what i'd deffinetly invest in
Old 06-15-2007, 03:06 AM
GOTRWHP

Kenne Bell all the way.
Old 06-15-2007, 03:11 AM
nitestalker
2nd Gear Member

turbo kit
Old 06-15-2007, 03:29 AM
auburntiger7231
1st Gear Member

Put a nice down payment on a Cobra and sell the GT. haha

Or go Turbo. Tuboed Mustangs are just flat out SCARY!!!
Old 06-15-2007, 03:41 AM
MarineCorps03GT
2nd Gear Member

Pshh you Mustang people and your damn repetetiveFI dreams... ok I won't talk because I'm a Mustang guy But why is everyone scared to be different? My mechanic friend calls Mustangs "Me-too" cars.... he always says"here's a typical Mustang discussion... yea so I have flowmasters with ano/r h pipe and LT's. I've got UD pulleys, 75mm TB and plenum, K&N CAI,4.10's, andVortech S/Cor Procharger. As for appearance I have DD Bullitts and amach 1 chin spoiler. Nice, right" lol he cracks me up. He calls GT's "Goat Turds". lol.

ANYWAYS

Whats wrong with a custom built 5.0 302cistrokermotor (forged internals obviously), stage III cams, andhigh flowheads? Maybe alot ofnitrous just because you'd be able to... thats what route I'm going whenever I get my Mach. And of course all the supporting things... injectors,exhaust, CAI, TB, valve springs, things like that.I think that type ofsetup is SOOO much more bad azz and original. Its not terribly expensive either.
Old 06-15-2007, 04:03 AM
II 98 GT II
4th Gear Member

If I had that much money burning a hole in my pocket, I would probably upgrade to a terminator and call it a day. There are a ton of different things you could do with the money car-wise. Just make sure to consider all options before spending.
Old 06-15-2007, 04:16 AM
2000GT4.6
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MarineCorps03GT

Pshh you Mustang people and your damn repetetiveFI dreams... ok I won't talk because I'm a Mustang guy But why is everyone scared to be different? My mechanic friend calls Mustangs "Me-too" cars.... he always says"here's a typical Mustang discussion... yea so I have flowmasters with ano/r h pipe and LT's. I've got UD pulleys, 75mm TB and plenum, K&N CAI,4.10's, andVortech S/Cor Procharger. As for appearance I have DD Bullitts and amach 1 chin spoiler. Nice, right" lol he cracks me up. He calls GT's "Goat Turds". lol.

ANYWAYS

Whats wrong with a custom built 5.0 302cistrokermotor (forged internals obviously), stage III cams, andhigh flowheads? Maybe alot ofnitrous just because you'd be able to... thats what route I'm going whenever I get my Mach. And of course all the supporting things... injectors,exhaust, CAI, TB, valve springs, things like that.I think that type ofsetup is SOOO much more bad azz and original. Its not terribly expensive either.
Your mechanic friend is an idiot.

And before you think its not "terribly expensive" you should price it out sometime. your looking at (2v stuff):

302 stroker shortblock : 4000
Worked heads: 1400
cams 550
valvesprings 200
aftermarket intake 800-1300
all the other little crap for motor500-1000
Nitrous kit (with goodies) 1000~

this is just the motor cost alone, not talking with exhaust, intake boltons, tune, injectors, fuel pump, etc etc etc. If your wanting to do this on a 4v... you better have pockets that hang down past your shoes.

All of this, and you MIGHT get a grand total of 340-350 WHP. My estimates are a bit conservative acutally, code3 has over TEN THOUSAND in just the motor alone...

an FI car will make more power, for less money, more relialbly and more streetably. Get in a big cam/worked head/aftermarket intake PI 2v car sometime (or just any built motor n/a car)... if you think your going to daily drive it your insane.

Unless your buildinga car primarily for the strip IMO there is absolutly no reason to go n/a or even n/a + nitrous with the power you can make with FI. A simple 281 CI shortblock/blower/cammed setup (with supporting mods like exhaust etc, but you need all thouse with a n/a setup too) will make 550~ WHP and 500~ WTQ andbe completely, totally streetable, get 20+ MPG on the highway, and until you lay into the car drive as close to stock as a 550 WHP car can be (even the big blower specific cams are pretty mild).

FI FTW. If you have any intention on driving the car on anything close to a daily basis, or simply want the best bang for your buck AND to have the power all the time, there simply isn't another option.
Old 06-15-2007, 05:13 AM
1BAD3V
6th Gear Member

^ I sure do agree with this guy, and I'm quite surprised I am though. [8D]
Old 06-15-2007, 05:41 AM
MarineCorps03GT
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 2000GT4.6

Your mechanic friend is an idiot.

And before you think its not "terribly expensive" you should price it out sometime. your looking at (2v stuff):

302 stroker shortblock : 4000
Worked heads: 1400
cams 550
valvesprings 200
aftermarket intake 800-1300
all the other little crap for motor500-1000
Nitrous kit (with goodies) 1000~

this is just the motor cost alone, not talking with exhaust, intake boltons, tune, injectors, fuel pump, etc etc etc. If your wanting to do this on a 4v... you better have pockets that hang down past your shoes.

All of this, and you MIGHT get a grand total of 340-350 WHP. My estimates are a bit conservative acutally, code3 has over TEN THOUSAND in just the motor alone...

an FI car will make more power, for less money, more relialbly and more streetably. Get in a big cam/worked head/aftermarket intake PI 2v car sometime (or just any built motor n/a car)... if you think your going to daily drive it your insane.

Unless your buildinga car primarily for the strip IMO there is absolutly no reason to go n/a or even n/a + nitrous with the power you can make with FI. A simple 281 CI shortblock/blower/cammed setup (with supporting mods like exhaust etc, but you need all thouse with a n/a setup too) will make 550~ WHP and 500~ WTQ andbe completely, totally streetable, get 20+ MPG on the highway, and until you lay into the car drive as close to stock as a 550 WHP car can be (even the big blower specific cams are pretty mild).

FI FTW. If you have any intention on driving the car on anything close to a daily basis, or simply want the best bang for your buck AND to have the power all the time, there simply isn't another option.
Hey guess what?!F you dude. In my spare time I do priceoutmy setupsand for the setup I want for my Mach (which I dont even have... I'm optimistic ha) it's around $10k after taxes and to have the parts shipped to my door. Me and my idiot mechanic friend would be doing it. So I'm justpaying for parts. BTW theblock/engine for my future Mach is going to be about $6k after the forged internals and all. Cams with supporting mods are like $2,500.

Speaking of my idiot mechanic friend... he makes his own musclecars. Not as in buys an old piece then restores it then mods it... but as in he rips off body parts from around5 different makes/models ofcars at atime, welds them together, and calls it his own brand of car basically. Then he proceeds to put 500cid engines in them and sells them for hundreds of thousands of dollars. Yea he IS pretty stupid, you'reabsolutely right

What ever happened to "IMO" and "ignorant bliss" hm? hahaha
Old 06-15-2007, 06:05 AM
01GTCONVERTABLE
2nd Gear Member

IMVHO...There comes a point when the things you do to your car you will NEVER EVER come close to getting out of it. Small things, CAI, Exhaust, Gears....etc, you probably won't see much return on either, but at least they will average out.....fun + time owned car = worth it.....but if you are seriously talking about putting that much into your car, I really hope you plan on keeping it for a LONG time....that's my reality anyway....IF it were me...I'd sell my car, buy a Mach, slap a KB on it and call it a day....More than enough to make most Camaro's/GTO's/and some Vette's embarassed.....which is the best part about about having a fast Mustang......or so I'm told.

Quick Reply: $$8500 Help me spend it