4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

H&R SS...need CC plates/help with the install

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2007, 02:52 AM
Gar4pt6
4th Gear Member

Default H&R SS...need CC plates/help with the install

i did some searches and i got mixed opinions on weather or not i would need CC plates with these springs...also if i do need them i should wait till the springs settle to get the alignment right??? i bought MM CC plates already so if i need them i have them but i have other places that i can spend 200 bucks...anyone know if American Muscle accepts returns?? So regardless does anyone have a right up on how to install jsut the lowering springs or the lowering springs with the CC plates??? i found a couple but it was for installing springs, shocks CAs etc etc...anyway ill get some pics up of the process and do a little write up if i have to....thanks ~G
Old 06-20-2007, 03:53 AM
H0SS302
6th Gear Member

Default RE: H&R SS...need CC plates/help with the install

why not install them anyways? better to have then to have not!
Old 06-20-2007, 03:59 AM
TheMustangLoveR
2nd Gear Member

I have had H&R SS's on my car for a very long time now, and I do not have C/C plates. In fact you can almost always get by without them. What it takes is for the struts to be modified (slotted) to allow for more range of adjustment to align properly. So I paid the alignment guy extra to modify my struts in order to get them to align to spec.

Now, if I had the money, would I install C/C plates? Hell yea! It's the clean way of doing things and down the line when you get new struts you won't need to modify those as well. Not to mention the fact that there's good chance that most alignment places will send you home once they find out they can't get the caster and camber anywhere near where they want it to be. They'll probably look at you all confused when you ask them to modify it to make it work.

Anyway, I vote to keep your C/C plates.

By the way, you got yourself some badass springs.
Old 06-20-2007, 04:01 AM
TheMustangLoveR
2nd Gear Member

Also, I suggest you wait about a week before you get an alignment, just to be safe. Some cars are different than others (doesn't make sense but personal experience has proven otherwise) so you may not need C/C plates, but I'm almost certain you will. My friend did not but he has a Mach 1 so that's a different story.
Old 06-20-2007, 04:02 AM
Gar4pt6
4th Gear Member

thanks man...hoss im takin the sportlines off tomorrow and packaging them in the H&R box....if you can pay me sometime tomorrow ill try to run down and ship out your package...if not they will go out thursday for sure

shoot me a PM and ill give you my paypal info
Old 06-20-2007, 04:03 AM
Gar4pt6
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: TheMustangLoveR

Also, I suggest you wait about a week before you get an alignment, just to be safe. Some cars are different than others (doesn't make sense but personal experience has proven otherwise) so you may not need C/C plates, but I'm almost certain you will. My friend did not but he has a Mach 1 so that's a different story.
what was your overall drop???
Old 06-20-2007, 04:09 AM
Shawn02GT
4th Gear Member

wait, your switching from sportlines to supersports? why? aren't they about the same drop [&:]
Old 06-20-2007, 04:10 AM
TheMustangLoveR
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Gar4pt6

ORIGINAL: TheMustangLoveR

what was your overall drop???
Don't remember the numbers anymore, but here's a pic to give you an idea.

LOL j/k...aww...there she is stock.

Here are the H&R's:

Old 06-20-2007, 05:10 AM
Gar4pt6
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Shawn02GT

wait, your switching from sportlines to supersports? why? aren't they about the same drop [&:]
the SS are a bit higher up like not much but then again i dont want much...jsut enough to clear my garage haha...plus i want progressive springs
Old 06-20-2007, 05:14 AM
Gar4pt6
4th Gear Member

i think the H&rs are noticably higher...check it out side by side
MustangLover...are you running stock socks/struts...also i see you have U/LCAs...that doesnt effect ride height does it???
sportlines

Supersports

Quick Reply: H&R SS...need CC plates/help with the install