4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

need feedback and advise, help!

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2005, 03:36 PM
veloci1

Default need feedback and advise, help!

i just purchsed a 1999 GT Roush Stage 1 5 spd. i am in need of some advise though i have check a lot of the archives.

I am installing the following and i have no questions:

3.73 Ford racing gears.
K & N cia
Billet pedals

I want to install the following, but i have emisions and part #'s questions:

1) BBK LT headers-best price and supplier?
2) BBK h -pipe-Best price and supplier?
3)Does Roush make a Short throw shifter for my transmission? what transmission do i have? price abd where to get it?

needed advise:

1) If i go with the LT headers and H-pipe, do i have to get rid of any of the cats? i want to keep my car emission legal since i live in Los ANgeles.

2) should i go for shrty headers and H-pipe?

3) i have the side exiting Roush stage 1 exhaust, are the headers and h-pipe going to mess it up? will i have to move muflers to a different location? or will everything behind the h-pipe and headers remeain the same?

Please, advise and thank you to all members for a great site and source of information.
Old 01-09-2005, 03:51 PM
jdaniel
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: need feedback and advise, help!

ORIGINAL: veloci1

i just purchsed a 1999 GT Roush Stage 1 5 spd. i am in need of some advise though i have check a lot of the archives.

I am installing the following and i have no questions:

3.73 Ford racing gears.
K & N cia
Billet pedals

I want to install the following, but i have emisions and part #'s questions:

1) BBK LT headers-best price and supplier?
2) BBK h -pipe-Best price and supplier?
3)Does Roush make a Short throw shifter for my transmission? what transmission do i have? price abd where to get it?

needed advise:

1) If i go with the LT headers and H-pipe, do i have to get rid of any of the cats? i want to keep my car emission legal since i live in Los ANgeles.

2) should i go for shrty headers and H-pipe?

3) i have the side exiting Roush stage 1 exhaust, are the headers and h-pipe going to mess it up? will i have to move muflers to a different location? or will everything behind the h-pipe and headers remeain the same?

Please, advise and thank you to all members for a great site and source of information.

#1 & 2: exhaust

#3. They do make a short throw but for half that price you can get either the Steeda or the Pro 5.0 which are two of the best on the market. You have a 3650 tranny if its a GT transformed roush stage I.

Advise: Living in California I WOULD NOT get rid of the cats. You can buy catted X or H pipes. You dont always have to go off road with your exhaust.

Longtubes wont pass emissions from what most people say. I have never been tested but then again I dont have cats. Shorties will probably be your best route since you live in Cali.

As for the side exhaust, I have never looked under a car with it so I really cant tell you what to do there. Im sure you can get a catted H pipe and still incorporate the side exhaust.
Old 01-09-2005, 09:42 PM
mysticsvtcobra96
2nd Gear Member

id go ahead and the the long tubes..keep the cats of course and im sure a good mufler shop could do some mods to keep your side exhaust if there had to be any at all
Old 01-10-2005, 02:56 AM
veloci1

Thank you for the feedback. i will start with the shorty headers, CAI(demolet) and 3.73 gears and take it from there. but, i have a question:

i was told that the 1999 gt came with a T45 tranny.Jdaiel you say i should have a 3650. are those two the same? i did not think so, but i am not an expert in mustangs. where can i verify this on the car? let me know.

thank you,

Andres