4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

forg'd internals

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2005, 03:31 PM
neogenic83
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: forg'd internals

but also U want to build the rest of the car up it wasn't made to handle such an increase in power
Old 01-10-2005, 03:35 PM
miglet
2nd Gear Member

stonemonk, where are you getting the internals from?
Old 01-10-2005, 03:51 PM
stonemonk9
3rd Gear Member

I got some forged speed pro pistons on ebay for 210 it was acctually DSS racing selling them, the rods I also found on ebay....... http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...e=STRK:MEWA:IT this is where I plan on getting them but he has had them up in awhile so not sure.
Old 01-12-2005, 06:26 PM
NJ 97 GT

500 hp would be very expensive also the 97-98's ect. dont use pushrods they have overhead cams which eliminates the need but forged int is def the way to go if you have the money...+ all the other thousands to bring you to 500 hp
Old 01-12-2005, 09:15 PM
Acer2428
Site Mod

Or you could take the K-member out of a 94-95 car and swap it and run a 408 setup w/ a blower and have 500rwhp easily.
Old 01-12-2005, 10:04 PM
USAMuscle
4th Gear Member

You could either do what everybody else has suggested, with the PI head swap and all bolt ons plus a blower, or you could just upgrade the internals with all forged parts and fork over for twin turbos and call it a day. Easy 500+ hp to the wheels on an otherwise stock '96-'98 GT @ a moderate psi. It costs $$$ but damn you would be the envy of everybody.
Old 01-12-2005, 10:29 PM
Aliate X
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: miglet

hi,

i'm buying a mustang (96-98) here pretty soon (just looking for the right one) - and I've seen a few things on getting new forged internals when you're seeing a large increase in hp (above 400) and I was just wondering.. what that includes? replacing stock pushrods and roller rockers and stuff with higher quality versions?

(this is my first car im getting serious with - engine wise so don't laugh at me

btw - i've been looking at a ati procharger s/c for the main engine upgrade (incase that might help ?)

Okay this is what forged internals are....

First the what comes stock is cast internals. The differance between cast and forged is, cast is when steel is poured into a CAST to make something, like a piston, connecting rod, etc. Forged is when they FORGE the peice out of a solid square of steel or whatever material they might be using.

Now internals include pistons, connecting rods, and the crank, what this does it just make it so your bottom end can handle more horsepower, but usually if your producing enough horsepower to upgrade your internals you would want to do the block too, and get a stronger block. The block is the bottom of the engine, what everything is inside incase you didnt know.

If you were to be supercharging, if you were going anything above 9 psi, you might want to consider forged internals, you woouldnt need a block really, its up to you, all depends on the budget. If you were to push the boost over 9psi or so with cast internals, you would blow your bottom end to peices. Forged internals are just rated for higher HP levels. All your doing is preparing your engine to handle more horse power, like putting a stronger mast on a sailboat for a bigger sail.

Hope it helps man.
Old 01-12-2005, 11:25 PM
miglet
2nd Gear Member

so how about I do the swap, forged internals, 4.10 gears, procharger @ 12psi, 150 shot nos, new tranny (dunno yet).

then of course fuzzy ***** on the rearview, nos stickers on the doors and maybe a 3 foot metal wing?

so i'd be replacing pretty much the entire engine, no? (if i was going for that much psi / hp)
Old 01-13-2005, 12:16 AM
stonemonk9
3rd Gear Member

http://www.bossracing.net/Tech%20Art...ap%20page1.htm im not sure if wen u said how do i do the swap this is wat u wanted but here.....
Old 01-13-2005, 01:35 AM
Aliate X
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: miglet

so how about I do the swap, forged internals, 4.10 gears, procharger @ 12psi, 150 shot nos, new tranny (dunno yet).

then of course fuzzy ***** on the rearview, nos stickers on the doors and maybe a 3 foot metal wing?

so i'd be replacing pretty much the entire engine, no? (if i was going for that much psi / hp)
If you wanted to run a s/c AND nitrous, yeah the stock bottom end wouldnt handle it, you would have to consider your drive line too, might need some help.

You might just be okay with the s/c man, it would be putting out a lot of HP.

Quick Reply: forg'd internals