4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

ECTED, electronic locking re-end review.

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2007, 03:57 PM
czwalga00gt
5th Gear Member

Default RE: ECTED, electronic locking re-end review.

Buzzcut, you've yet to respond to anything i've said or your completely wrong assumptions so i'm not going to bother responding again. Also... there is a graveyard of eatonposi's on the other forum as well... and on eaton's website they conviently put the detroit locker in that statement, 99% of those guys are using a detroit locker; which i'll admit for strictly drag racing is better than what I have. Streetablility sucks though.

Bottom line is other than people not getting the magnet wired up correctly I've heard nothing but good things from people who actually own them. There are a lot of people out there against it... but they have never owned one; a lot like this thread. It's definatly a hell of a lot better than a regular posi unit for dragging, whilebeing justas streetable.

Edit: also is eatons elocker crap as well? You know since you've had so much experience with electronic lockers in the past, I just want to know from an expert.
Old 06-28-2007, 04:02 AM
BuzzCut
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: czwalga00gt

Buzzcut, you've yet to respond to anything i've said or your completely wrong assumptions so i'm not going to bother responding again. Also... there is a graveyard of eatonposi's on the other forum as well... and on eaton's website they conviently put the detroit locker in that statement, 99% of those guys are using a detroit locker; which i'll admit for strictly drag racing is better than what I have. Streetablility sucks though.

You obviously didn't read anything I said. I do NOT have to prove my opinions. Thats like asking two people what color the sky is I mean really. And you are correct about eatons too...but from wjat I read it is almost 2 to 1 in my opinion. A detroit locker is very heavy, I would not use that on a track car. I would use a spool. I would use a 31 spline Ford unit and Moser axles. They can handle decent HP levels and are lighter.

Bottom line is other than people not getting the magnet wired up correctly I've heard nothing but good things from people who actually own them. There are a lot of people out there against it... but they have never owned one; a lot like this thread. It's definatly a hell of a lot better than a regular posi unit for dragging, whilebeing justas streetable.

See I never said ANYTHING aout being wired correctly or bad. I stated an opinion an electrical unit in a rearend I Still fail to understand why you can't get it. I said I hoped it worked out for you. I mean damn dude. I would never own one as I don't like the real failure potential plan and simple. Mechanical will win me over in this situation every time.

Edit: also is eatons elocker crap as well? You know since you've had so much experience with electronic lockers in the past, I just want to know from an expert.

Once again you are the clown. No where have I ever stated anything but my opinion. But the burr under your saddle is I don't think your setup is the best thing next to sliced bread. I an sick of your childish crap and with that you are beyond any help. You are just another big talkier but can only spout off what you read on the net. So say hello to my little friend...The kill filter.

Old 06-28-2007, 04:08 AM
clix813
4th Gear Member

lol this is far from the original post. The guy was just trying to show what he had and that he liked it. Then you came in and told him that he bought some crap and it will break.I would be pretty upset to if some one just came and told me that I bought a bunch of crap and you know nothing about it.
Old 06-28-2007, 04:19 AM
H0SS302
6th Gear Member

ok call me dumb er watever but..wat does a locking dif do?like wats the purpious of it?
Old 06-28-2007, 04:35 AM
BuzzCut
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: clix813

lol this is far from the original post. The guy was just trying to show what he had and that he liked it. Then you came in and told him that he bought some crap and it will break.I would be pretty upset to if some one just came and told me that I bought a bunch of crap and you know nothing about it.
I never said that. I gave MY opinion. WTF is wrong with you people. You scared to speak your mind or are you all so thin skinned that you have to lash out? Would I give a frogs fat azz if someone doesn't like my car..hell no because it is about what I like. It is MY car...
Good lord this is so stupit, hell dude you didn't read a darn thing I posted before you ran your mouth.

Whatever[sm=teetertooter.gif]
Old 06-28-2007, 04:41 AM
H0SS302
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: BuzzCut

ORIGINAL: clix813

lol this is far from the original post. The guy was just trying to show what he had and that he liked it. Then you came in and told him that he bought some crap and it will break. I would be pretty upset to if some one just came and told me that I bought a bunch of crap and you know nothing about it.
I never said that. I gave MY opinion. WTF is wrong with you people. You scared to speak your mind or are you all so thin skinned that you have to lash out? Would I give a frogs fat azz if someone doesn't like my car..hell no because it is about what I like. It is MY car...
Good lord this is so stupit, hell dude you didn't read a darn thing I posted before you ran your mouth.

Whatever[sm=teetertooter.gif]
dude why you getting all wet about what everybody says? nobody was even saying n e thing bad and u called the original poster out like u were some tuff guy. if u dont have anything constructive or worth while just dont post. its that simple.

NOW: can someone explain wat a locking diff does?
Old 06-28-2007, 04:44 AM
clix813
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: H0SS302

ok call me dumb er watever but..wat does a locking dif do?like wats the purpious of it?
Locking the diff makes it so that both wheels spin at the same speed as were a open diff would put all power to the tire with the least amount of traction. It helps when racing because it makes it so that all the power is put to the ground equally instead of just one tire spining you will get both.
Old 06-28-2007, 04:48 AM
H0SS302
6th Gear Member

i see says the blind man.. thanks clix. nice car BTW i drool for white...[sm=drooldude.gif]
Old 06-28-2007, 04:50 AM
clix813
4th Gear Member

Thanks I just need it to go fast now and not just look good lol
Old 06-28-2007, 04:52 AM
H0SS302
6th Gear Member

wat size rims u got man 17 er 18? i want the fr500 so bad. but i dont know if they will look good on my car lol. blower dude, all the speed u need

Quick Reply: ECTED, electronic locking re-end review.