4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Exhaust system Question

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2005, 10:15 PM
2004 GT RagTop
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: general TECh aid THX

http://www.nessajastang.com/mypics/d...?album=8&pos=1

He has a catted Prochamber, so mine will be louder than that. Also he hits the rev limiter a couple times, just to clear up why it sounds awkward in a couple spots.

http://www.nessajastang.com/mypics/d...?album=8&pos=0

This is with only the stingers, no Prochamber

I know I had more, but can't seem to find them [&:]
Old 01-14-2005, 10:18 PM
Driver_Kiddo
3rd Gear Member

i loved it!! that was sweet!

lol i know it did sound weird when he hit the limits...but its bad ***...

cant wait till u get em and post some footage!!! make a vid

peace out playa
Old 01-14-2005, 10:22 PM
2004 GT RagTop
3rd Gear Member

lol yea I think thats what ended up sellin me on my setup.

I'll try to get a vid up, but first things first, I need to get it installed [:@]

Anyways, good luck man, finding the right setup is a tough thing to do, but one that is enjoyable and pays off in the end.

Oh, what kindof sound are you looking for? jw
Old 01-15-2005, 01:21 AM
Driver_Kiddo
3rd Gear Member

i am looking for something similar to yours but a little deeper... i changed my mind like 4 times about this...

at first i wanted it like this:

http://www.eastcoaststang.com/nitrolew.mpg

but then after the shock was gone...i decided it was retarded...too much, not for me.

then i was aiming for a deep sound like the g35 but more mustangish if you know what i mean...more open and v8ish.

now the closest thing to what i really would love to have is the first sound clip you gave me...
Old 01-15-2005, 02:01 AM
USAMuscle
4th Gear Member

I've seen that cilp somewhere else, and if that's the clip I'm thinking of, he has a SLP loudmouth exhaust, so it's damn near straight pipe from the headers back. That's too raunchy for me, but the cams sound wicked! [:-]

This is the nicest online sound clip I've ever heard of a 4.6 Mustang. It's the MAC flowpath cat-back, and I believe off-road H-pipe. REALLY deep, but trust me, it sounds so much more powerful in person. Shakes you to the bone.
http://www.mustangworld.com/ourpics/sounds/MAC1.WAV
Old 01-15-2005, 02:16 AM
2004 GT RagTop
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Driver_Kiddo

i am looking for something similar to yours but a little deeper... i changed my mind like 4 times about this...

at first i wanted it like this:

http://www.eastcoaststang.com/nitrolew.mpg

but then after the shock was gone...i decided it was retarded...too much, not for me.

then i was aiming for a deep sound like the g35 but more mustangish if you know what i mean...more open and v8ish.

now the closest thing to what i really would love to have is the first sound clip you gave me...
lol yea I changed my mind plenty of times. You like the flows + bbk o/r h? for me that was a little to raw, not enough tone. I think maybe you should try to find a clip of the stingers + bbk o/r H or any o/r H pipe. I think the stingers will give you the loudness you want, and the o/r H will make the sound a nice deep tone. At least in theory I think.

Oh that clip you provided, I agree with USAMuscle, that was way to raunchy and raw for my taste.
Old 01-15-2005, 02:46 AM
Driver_Kiddo
3rd Gear Member

yes it was too raw lol i said it was actually retarded to sound like that... if i had that id get pulled over everyday and loose my hearing abilities at a young age. hehe

but yeah...USAmuscle i liked that one a lot...Why cant the guy rev it a little more? i get the feeling of it though...that is exactly what i am looking for.

MAC flowpath cat-back and off-road H-pipe is all i need??

hmm what are the Hp gains...i must do some research unless you guyz already know. i can probaly estimate it but im not 100% sure.

the price? hmmm
Old 01-15-2005, 07:00 PM
USAMuscle
4th Gear Member

Unfortunately the flowpath mufflers are some of the worst flowing mufflers on the market, worse even than Flowmaster, but even so performance differences between different mufflers are negligible IMO, unless you're comparing stock to straight-thru. You have to decide if it's worth it to you to have that kind of sound at the expense of maybe at the most a tenth of a second loss in the quarter. You yourself won't notice a difference because it's so small. I love the way flows sound on Mustangs which is why I bought them even though other mufflers flow better, but the performance hit is small enough for me that I'd rather have the sound I want. You're really only talking about a few horses.
Old 01-16-2005, 02:09 AM
Driver_Kiddo
3rd Gear Member

okay thats good advice thx ....

im still searching .... but i think i almost made my mind up.

thx again.
Old 03-09-2009, 04:21 AM
mejus16

i owe a 2009 mustang gt auto.. i got it 4 like 2 months now. i am think abut putting a magnaflow exhaust cat back & x pipe.. i know its gona affect my warranty, but would it termate my whole warranty?..

Quick Reply: Exhaust system Question