4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

MAC O/R H leak can't seem to get it right.

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2007, 07:44 PM
sunguf
3rd Gear Member

Default MAC O/R H leak can't seem to get it right.

I was wondering if I'm doing something wrong, I've had this leak for a while now (4 weeks or so) You can only hear it on start up from the drivers side Header flange to H pipe flange, and when in 5th gear going 30-40MPH and stepping on it. I've been all day on the floor re-aligning it and re-aligning and even broke a header Stud. Had to buy one at Napa. now my question is do I use the insert that came with the H for that side? or do I take it out (In now) it's a 2004 GT.

Maybe's there's a special way of lining it up? I'm lost. I'll end up going to a shop tomorrow morning if I can't figure it out.
Old 07-08-2007, 08:00 PM
josh662234
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: MAC O/R H leak can't seem to get it right.

i have the EXACT same problem with the exact same pipe. i have taken it off and re aligned it so many times. . i just cant seem to get it on there correctly. it sounds horrible too.
Old 07-08-2007, 08:10 PM
sunguf
3rd Gear Member

Yeah it does! If you figure out what to do let me know! I'll be going to an exhauast shop tomorrow. Might have them make new flanges for the H pipe if they can't get it right
Old 07-08-2007, 08:56 PM
Furinox
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: sunguf

Yeah it does! If you figure out what to do let me know! I'll be going to an exhauast shop tomorrow. Might have them make new flanges for the H pipe if they can't get it right
MAC was really stupid when they made that flange. I have a prochamber and it needs the stupid gasket/reducer also. My bassani x ligned up perfectly and didnt need one of them.
Old 07-08-2007, 09:08 PM
8banger
4th Gear Member

I used the insert or reducer in the left side.Sealed so much better with it ...
Old 07-08-2007, 09:26 PM
mvr
6th Gear Member

im not havnin the same problem but it seems like im fixing a leak in the clamps of my slp setup once every two weeks[:@]. i was under there for two hours today and hopefully this will be the last time.

not quite header bolts but i know exactly how you feel.

Old 07-08-2007, 09:34 PM
dave22478
2nd Gear Member

I have the same problem withmy Bassani, tried it like 3 different times. Bringing it somewhere to get it fixed because I am sick of trying to fix it.
Old 07-08-2007, 10:23 PM
Adam03GT
5th Gear Member

Thats another reason i ditched the Mac H.......

I called Mac and told them that i just could not get it right and the guy shouts "Hey Sean, We have another fitment problem." And then hung up on me [:@]
Old 07-08-2007, 10:59 PM
k2boarder3187
1st Gear Member

+1
i had the same problem with my mac h pipe it really pissed me off seems to be ok now but if it happens again im gonna rip it off put a different brand h pipe on and running the mac one over
Old 07-09-2007, 08:24 AM
sunguf
3rd Gear Member

Well I just got back from the exhaust shop(friend of mines) with good and bad news, The good news it's not the H pipe or the manifold or anything with the exhaust leaking. The bad new is it seems to be the pollution pipe (Pipe from the EGR down) or the other pollution pipe/bypass the runs on the back of the motor.

Now I have warranty still and would rather not do this myself, It's a PAIN! but will it be covered? I do have aftermarket exhaust on and no cat. Even though it has nothing to do it with it somewhat does because it's an exhaust leak.

Should I try and get it covered? or am I out of luck on this one. Anyone have this problem?

Quick Reply: MAC O/R H leak can't seem to get it right.