4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Without voiding the warranty....?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2005, 07:07 PM
romancer
2nd Gear Member

Default Without voiding the warranty....?

Okay so how far is "too far" when your car is under a factory warranty and you don't want to look, sound, or perform stock for the balance of your warranty.

Will the following void the warranty? And would you define any of the following as, "worth it?"

SLP Power-Flo caback, Magnaflow Magnapack,Steeda exhaust, Steeda side exhaust, Roush Side Exhaust
Carbon Fiber Hood
Long tube headers
Some type of high flow air kit, I have seen a densecharger in the "bible"
some type of pulleys
Old 01-15-2005, 07:26 PM
pro5.0stang
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Without voiding the warranty....?

i was wondering that 2, i know a catback wont void the warr. but i want to do an offroadhpipe, will that void it?
Old 01-15-2005, 07:34 PM
OUZBnd
3rd Gear Member

i called and asked the warranty rep when i was modding mine... thats the best thing you can do. But i will tell you what i was told

Cat-back will NOT void the warranty. He said if something happens, they have to prove that it was caused by the modification in order for the warranty to be void. He also said though, ANYTHING electronic will completely void the warranty, meaning a chip or what not. I dont know about a mass air meter, since they have 'electronics' invovled'. Hope this helps. BTW, id say longtubes will void it.
Old 01-15-2005, 07:48 PM
jdaniel
I ♥ Acer

All depends on the Dealership and the Warranty underwriters that inspect the damage you want covered under the warranty. My dealership told me to do what ever I want to do but if in question (such as cams, gears, midpipe etc) to call them and they will tell me yes or no. Of course cams are going to void powertrain warranty and gears are going to void the driveline warranty but if there is someone at the dealership that knows you well, then some things can and will be over looked.
Old 01-15-2005, 07:52 PM
Dan04COBRA
Super Moderator

It's not at the dealerships discretion to void a warranty simply because you modified your car.

Any bolt-ons will not void your warranty, minus Nitrous & a blower. If any part you installed contributed to a failure, then they can void your warranty and refuse to do warranty work. Any chip upgrades or dyno tunes will also void your warranty.

If say your tranny goes bye-bye, they cannot void your warranty because you modified your engine, or even installed a short throw shifter, the dealership has to prove that the aftermarket part you installed caused the failure, if they cannot do so - Ford must carry out the warranty work.

Lets say your engine goes kaboom & you have a TB & MAF, they will instantly blame the parts you installed, this could be tricky, you'd have to have the engine torn down to decide who is at fault. This is where it gets hairy...
Old 01-15-2005, 07:54 PM
pro5.0stang
3rd Gear Member

i justa called, cant remove the fucin cats.
Old 01-15-2005, 07:59 PM
jdaniel
I ♥ Acer

Remove them anyways. Thats what I did.
Old 01-15-2005, 08:05 PM
pro5.0stang
3rd Gear Member

i really want to but if i needed any warranty work i will have to swap the h pipe back, its such a pain in the ***
Old 01-15-2005, 08:43 PM
Mach1
4th Gear Member

I have a catted xpipe and im worried to get warranty work. Ill just ask them "What if..."
Old 01-15-2005, 08:59 PM
jdaniel
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: pro5.0stang

i really want to but if i needed any warranty work i will have to swap the h pipe back, its such a pain in the ***
A somple fix to the federal laws. I love Bassani.

Removable cats!

Quick Reply: Without voiding the warranty....?