4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

New -- Need Help with some first mods

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2005, 06:47 AM
GSXRIntensity
4th Gear Member

Default RE: New -- Need Help with some first mods

[quote]ORIGINAL: 2k1gt

[quote]ORIGINAL: GSXRIntensity

ORIGINAL: 2k1gt
Wow, once again, someone putting words into my mouth. I never said it was crap, it works fine, but any other throttle body out performs it. Its dyno proven at the C&L website. And yes, the 70mm TB is actually more like 68mm. MD has tested it and compared it to other 70mm TBs.

"Its not a true 70mm throttle body, more like 68mm and its a poor design. I've got one now and I've worked it as much as can be done - its better than it was but probably not as good as a BBK or Accufab - unworked their the worst out there. Its not the same size all the way through - the back where the butterfly is 70mm but the front where the intake tube goes on is only 68mm. Its "ok", but not worth paying more than $50 for"

Quoted from MDvaldosta. And trust me, he knows his ****.
I didn't put words into your mouth. I was only stating that I chose my over BBK from those I spoke with [read: distributors, performance places, etc]. I wish I'd have went w/an Accufab 75mm, but it's too late for that now. I may eventually get one, but it'll be the last on my list. I've to finish working forward before I can start backtracking on some t/b. I'm actually curious to know how big of a difference it'll make when I install the rest of my goodies this upcoming spring. If I'm only talking 2-3rwhp I may just live w/it, but anymore than 5rwhp then I'm after a new 75mm lol!

For the record...75mm's do not always perform better as you claim. The do w/an upgraded upper intake like the C&L plenum, but otherwise they'd be a waste on an otherwise stock intake.

BTW...MD, haven't seen you trolling around lately...you been on the other forum recently, or what? Seem kinda scarce around here.
Old 01-18-2005, 11:56 AM
Driver_Kiddo
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: New -- Need Help with some first mods

dude listen to them they give good advice and heres a link for everything u really need to know:

https://mustangforums.com/m_353132/tm.htm

I have an automatic. it is the gayest thing ever. sometimes it kiks in and the car performs reallly well...but sometimes it isnt as efficient. it shifts gears for you...so it obviosuly short shifts and never attains the red line. also You dont have as much control or feeling of your car. you also dont really get any chalange or respect from any guy that drives a manual( lol)...

basically i would trade it in anyday but then again why did u buy an automatic( i have my reosons, but i regret now)...

Dont worry it isnt that bad. u dont loose much. its just a pain in **** when u cant really control your car and if u notice that sometimes it will accelerate like madness and other times it will "lag" "delay" and kik in a bit later...yeah thats why its GAY....

I feel that my auto keeps shifting too early and i am always in high gears so i never get the pull or the feeling this car is Capable of.

On Rare days man...sometimes i swear it performs so well, better than a stick. it shifts perfect and feels fkin awsome. but i dont like when i have to wait on it to do that. [:@]

auto=ghay
manual=sweet

-mike