4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Why are we hated so much.....?

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2005, 08:33 PM
USAMuscle
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Why are we hated so much.....?

ORIGINAL: romancer

Basically every car forum calls our cars "rustangs" "GT stands for Gay Team" and all kinds of names. I don't understand why we are hated so much i have no animosity for any other car..I have nothing but respect for them.....its really not good our generation of mustang must be among the most hated car ever...[:@]
Ignorance, pure and simple. I was just reading a forum at the z28.com forum titled "stop bagging on mustangs..." and all you guys would seriously choke on your own laughter at how completely stupid some of those guys are. I could write a book of dumb quotes by those guys alone because they think their car is God because stock for stock it's faster than a Mustang. I hope the LS1 guys in here take no offense because everyone here for the most part is totally cool and don't share the mentality as those morons over there. They say **** like "yeah well the Cobra needs a blower to keep up" and "Mustangs suck. We rag on them because they suck." and "Ford died when they dumped the 5.0 for that weak little 4.6. It's not an engine, it's a joke." Anyway you get the idea. It's just ignorance at its worst. I can't think of one person who belongs to this forum who is that retarded. There are some cool people over there, some who own both Camaros and Mustangs and they are cool to Mustang guys, but there are those inbred mullet-heads who honestly believe that Mustangs are ultimately inferior to Camaros and that it's impossible for a Mustang to beat a Camaro, and if a Mustang does win, well it's because they have a blower, or it's because it's modded up to hell, or it's lighter, or whatever other lame argument they can think of. Those idiots are as bad as the rice burners.

Anyway enough ranting, I've spoken my peace. Ford vs Chevy is just a friendly rivalry that has existed since long before most of us were even born and the people who have that cocky attitude and think their cars are God's gift to the road just give car enthusiasts a bad name.
Old 01-16-2005, 08:34 PM
mysticsvtcobra96
2nd Gear Member

Well everyone has to face the fact that factory vrs factory..most (performance cars) camaro,vette,supra,trans am and so on beats a factory mustang..and thats why the gm guys thinks our cars are crap..but its stupid..i mean the aftermarket for a mustang it far better then imports and gm because ford didnt make a (fast) car from the factory but it made a performance ready one..and ive seen just as many mustang guys as import and gm that think they are just hot $hit..they dont hate us..they envy us because we can stick 2k in our cars and smoke them with 5 or 6 in theres
Old 01-16-2005, 08:36 PM
jdaniel
I ♥ Acer

I hate Mustangs... I think they suck! Yes... im jealous!
Old 01-16-2005, 08:37 PM
Emann0007
5th Gear Member

Yea, your right, I hate that a muffler and unnnecesary body parts make a car something to be admired. It's not nice or fair, I know, but so many people spend so much time, money, and effort into doing other things and those guys act like they are kings of the road for pretending. I know my car isn't the fastest. It's probably the slowest model GT ever made and having a convertible and a slushbox pushing it doesn't help. But I take some pride in my car, because I did most of the work myself and it makes me happy. But I guess aluminum wings make other people happy. I guess I'm a hater too! Oh well.......
Old 01-16-2005, 08:53 PM
2001_SaleenS281_08
5th Gear Member

Hey 2000si I never said your car sucked, yet you seem to think I hate it and all cars. I strive for knowledge about all cars from Mustangs to Minis, I just said what popped into my head.
Old 01-16-2005, 09:09 PM
Viridian
2nd Gear Member

I used to drive a Dodge Avenger (half domestic/half import). It wasn't a very fast car, but it looked beautiful. I think it outhandles a Mustang hands down and is very good in Autocross.

Having said that, a lot of the "haters" among Avenger/Sebring owners is that the "rustang" is fast in a straight line, but daily driving involves a lot of corners and twisties. Also, the Mustang is a dime a dozen (I personally disagree).

I appreciated my Avenger and drove her accordingly, but I just wanted something faster. In the 6 months since I got my Mustang, I've suddenly become much more aggressive with it. I'm afraid I'll become one of those "Mustang dicks" who think they're king of the road. I know this is not always the case, but even fellow Mustang owners must admit that they can see how the stereotype developed.

Camaros and Firebirds are performance machines. They were the answer to the Mustang in the 60's, and they were always trying to one-up the Mustang throughout the following decades. But which car outsold the others combined at the end? The Mustang stood by it's heritage as the poor man's sports car. If you were to put a 5.7 liter engine in a Mustang, I'm sure it would haul some serious ***, but instead, Ford decided to churn horses out of a smaller displacement engine. Yet it still competes...

Well, now I'm rambling. Basically, diff'rent strokes for diff'rent folks. Drive what you like.
Old 01-16-2005, 11:14 PM

ORIGINAL: mysticsvtcobra96

Well everyone has to face the fact that factory vrs factory..most (performance cars) camaro,vette,supra,trans am and so on beats a factory mustang..and thats why the gm guys thinks our cars are crap..but its stupid..i mean the aftermarket for a mustang it far better then imports and gm because ford didnt make a (fast) car from the factory but it made a performance ready one..and ive seen just as many mustang guys as import and gm that think they are just hot $hit..they dont hate us..they envy us because we can stick 2k in our cars and smoke them with 5 or 6 in theres
Never looked into aftermarket honda stuff... have you? lol

I'd venture to say there is WAY more stuff out there for a civic/integra than there is for a Mustang... and I'm not including the rice stuff like euro lights and body kits either.

ORIGINAL: 2001_SaleenS281_08

Hey 2000si I never said your car sucked, yet you seem to think I hate it and all cars. I strive for knowledge about all cars from Mustangs to Minis, I just said what popped into my head.
All I can say is, I appreciate the fact that you can appreciate what I drive, and why I have it. But you gotta admit you hate on a lot of things that aren't mustangs.

Old 01-16-2005, 11:24 PM
romancer
2nd Gear Member

i would say the aftermarket most comparable to civic and integra in an american car would have to be the 5.0 .

lol Civic Si are you always here????
Old 01-16-2005, 11:38 PM
GT1999
3rd Gear Member

mustang do suck in handling.. whoever said that... but if u have a few bucks u can fix that....

i have eibach sportline springs, eibach shocks ands struts and eibach anti roll bars. steeda 3 point strut tower brace, hotchkis CC plates and maximum motorpsorts full length subframes and lower control arms... ill tell u one thing... i handle better than most cars now... i can roll with BMW and they are known for handling .... and i have a mustang... and stock they handle like crap....

anyways ... anyone can badmouth any car they want... but when it comes down to it... all u have to know is that your car is the ****... if someone looks at my mustang and they have a cute little bmw with a sports package... oh your ford sucks .. blah blah , the side view mirrors are made out of plastic blah blah ... all that bull****... i know that i can out handle, out run and out anything that their 330 can do ... i will have to give the m3 and m5 major credit ... i can roll with them on a straight away ... but turning ill have to give it to them... m3 and m5 are the ****... they will rape ... good for BMW on the "M" series

the moral of the story... who gives a crap what people say ... just know that u can rape their lives... if someone ever talks **** and u can put them in their place .... do it and see if they ever say anything again
Old 01-16-2005, 11:47 PM

ORIGINAL: romancer

lol Civic Si are you always here????
Yup. more so than I'm on hondaswap even.

Quick Reply: Why are we hated so much.....?