4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

alignment w/o cc plates

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2007, 01:06 PM
99shadowGT
2nd Gear Member

Default alignment w/o cc plates

i've recently dropped my mustang about 2". i've been told that the toe is what causes most abnormal tire wear, and can be adjusted w/o cc plates. w/o cc plates is any other adjustment do able, or necessary? i understand it won't be perfect, but to be honest I'M BROKE!
Old 07-11-2007, 01:36 PM
945LSTANG
6th Gear Member

Default RE: alignment w/o cc plates

you should definetely get cc plates with a 2 in drop.
Old 07-11-2007, 02:29 PM
99shadowGT
2nd Gear Member

anyone have a decent drop w/o cc plates? i haven't noticed my wheels tippin inward so i don't think my alignment is terrible, and after replacing the motor last week i don't have the money for cc plates right now!
Old 07-11-2007, 02:58 PM
ajmodelski
2nd Gear Member

I have heard that it is not necessary. If you do not drive heard you can be alright without the CC Plates. Its advised that at 2" and lower drops, you get the plates, but at 2" if you don't mind a slightly agressive stance and don't drive it all that hard (don't road race). You should be able to get it aligned with just some adjustable camber bolts.
Old 07-11-2007, 03:10 PM
02ToRcHgTSLP
2nd Gear Member

check the front struts for rubbing on the tire. Mine rub now that I got new shocks and struts and my caster cambers are coming.... mine didnt rub with the stock shocks and struts tho... either way i'd get them but no hurry ur tires will just wear uneven and u can just buy new ones.
Old 07-11-2007, 07:48 PM
czwalga00gt
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ajmodelski

I have heard that it is not necessary. If you do not drive heard you can be alright without the CC Plates. Its advised that at 2" and lower drops, you get the plates, but at 2" if you don't mind a slightly agressive stance and don't drive it all that hard (don't road race). You should be able to get it aligned with just some adjustable camber bolts.

Uhh no... they are.

I have a 1.5' drop got it aligned to the best the shop could do it without CC plates. I wore a brand new set of tires down to the belts in a year, while therest of the tire has a ton of tread.You'll be ok for a month or so but get them or start saving for new tires.
Old 07-11-2007, 08:07 PM
sunguf
3rd Gear Member

no no no no.... You can get it aligned with out the plates, (I was an alignment tech for 3 years) all they would need to do is knock out the rivets on the strut mounts (only 2 and can be done with a screw driver and hammer) and pull the struts outward until adjusted. They will not be able to adjust it perfect for every car but enough to make it somewhat of an even wear on 2-3in dropped cars. goto a GOOD SHOP
Old 07-11-2007, 08:11 PM
FrostByte
5th Gear Member

Been lowered for alsmot a year & no prob1-1/2" lower w/o the plates.
Old 07-11-2007, 08:11 PM
sunguf
3rd Gear Member

P.S I have steeda Sports with dead coil cut in the front. about 2 and 1/4 in drop and my alignment is prefect without CC plates. (Other cars will vary depending on mileage wear and tear weight of driver and passenger etc..)
Old 07-11-2007, 08:26 PM
czwalga00gt
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: sunguf

no no no no.... You can get it aligned with out the plates, (I was an alignment tech for 3 years) all they would need to do is knock out the rivets on the strut mounts (only 2 and can be done with a screw driver and hammer) and pull the struts outward until adjusted. They will not be able to adjust it perfect for every car but enough to make it somewhat of an even wear on 2-3in dropped cars. goto a GOOD SHOP

On the new edges you're limited by the slots for the bolts. You would have to beable to drill out all 3 holes make them longer and wider to do what you're talking about.

Quick Reply: alignment w/o cc plates