4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Is it just my 04 GT??

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2005, 12:47 AM
Dan04COBRA
Super Moderator

Default RE: Is it just my 04 GT??

No. Sounds like you should invest in a new tranny mount.
Old 01-18-2005, 01:38 AM
stonemonk9
3rd Gear Member

You bought it new right? I would take it back bitchn and moaning!
Old 01-18-2005, 02:21 AM
DeViouS
4th Gear Member

[sm=exactly.gif][sm=exactly.gif][sm=goodidea.gif]yeah an 04 shouldnt do that. what the hell is FORD making these days [sm=joke.gif] guys LOL
Old 01-18-2005, 11:06 AM
Jiggy_One
3rd Gear Member

When I say rattling I mean its like something on the top of the dash or under the dash is moving or rubbing with another dash piece and it is making a small creaking noise. Like I said about the cold, it may go away when summer comes, but what about winters after that?? When I had my radio out because I replaced it, I tightened all the screws I could find without taking the whole dash off and still getting those little plastic rubbing creaks. Its like the whole dash is just a hair loose or something and when I take off I get a small flex and it makes the middle section where the cup holders do the same creaking noise!! I am going to the dealer asap and I am going to make them fix every damn noise I can find!
Old 01-18-2005, 11:29 AM
snlpa
2nd Gear Member

I just bought a 2002 GT with 28,000 on it. There is no rattles what so ever....the suspension is a little stiff but that is expected.
Old 01-18-2005, 12:15 PM
Sidewayz6.0
Super Moderator

You guys have to remember it's been about 3 degrees in Chicago. Mustangs make all kinds of noise when it's cold. I have a convertible and it sounds like you're inside a styrofoam box when it's this cold. Makes me crazy. So I just don't drive it.

Old 01-18-2005, 12:27 PM
Chopper
5th Gear Member

I had a "groan" in the rear end susp.Ford used the Chassis Ears to find and repair this noise.The wonders of modern technology!!!It was the upper control arm bushings.Take it in and see what they can find.
Old 01-18-2005, 01:44 PM
Wonderboy

I would take it back and get it fixed. Mine is tight with no rattles or whatever even the last few days when it's been below zero.
Old 01-18-2005, 04:37 PM
MikeHawke
Retired MF Moderator

ORIGINAL: Jiggy_One

When I say rattling I mean its like something on the top of the dash or under the dash is moving or rubbing with another dash piece and it is making a small creaking noise. Like I said about the cold, it may go away when summer comes, but what about winters after that?? When I had my radio out because I replaced it, I tightened all the screws I could find without taking the whole dash off and still getting those little plastic rubbing creaks. Its like the whole dash is just a hair loose or something and when I take off I get a small flex and it makes the middle section where the cup holders do the same creaking noise!! I am going to the dealer asap and I am going to make them fix every damn noise I can find!
LOL, welcome to the wonderful world of driving a Mustang LOL.

Mine creaks and makes a few noises. It always has.....ever since I got it brand new.

Like Sidewayz said, it's considerably worse in the cold. You might find that most of those noises go away in the warmer weather.

Just mention it to the dealer EVERY time you go in and keep your copy of the service order. If there is ever any problems, you will have back-up.

Has your washer sprayer always been weak on one side? You don't have many miles on it. Has it still got the factory washer fluid in it? If it does, it's shtty and could just be frozen

Good luck
Old 01-18-2005, 06:55 PM
Leadfoot
2nd Gear Member

My car makes creaky noises also while going over bumps. The noise is probably caused by all that damn plastic. I would change it all out if I could, but then I wouldn't have anything to complain about. LOL!

I would rather have carpeting on the doors like my Honda.[] Has anybody modified the interior doors?