4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

What is This???

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2007, 07:15 PM
E714FEVER
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: What is This???

Well I replaced that hose and now it doesn't collaspe all the way, just alittle. And if I pull the throttle at the plenum and watch that hose as the engine revs higher that tube begins to take it shape back then when I let off the throttle it collaspe's alittle. I guess if it doesn't fix my problem it was worth the $1.25 to try.
Old 07-16-2007, 07:12 PM
LetThePoniesRunFree
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: What is This???

ORIGINAL: E714FEVER

Well I replaced that hose and now it doesn't collaspe all the way, just alittle. And if I pull the throttle at the plenum and watch that hose as the engine revs higher that tube begins to take it shape back then when I let off the throttle it collaspe's alittle. I guess if it doesn't fix my problem it was worth the $1.25 to try.
The engine creates the most vacuum, (suction), at idle or closed throttle deceleration. One thing you might want to check is to see if the pcv check valve is plugged up. It's located on thepass. side valve cover. It's the "elbow" that your rubber hose connects to. You can clean it with carb cleaner, brake cleaner or gasoline if that's all you have. I don't recommend the latter due to safety reasons, but it works. They're pretty cheap to replace if that's the problem.