4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

procharger help?

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2007, 06:03 PM
jwatson
1st Gear Member

Default procharger help?

hey i just bought a p-1sc supercharger kit with the head unit, pulleys, intercooler and piping for $1000. My question is what will i need to make it complete and safe to drive. Im not talking what i need to make max performance just what i need to get it running, like mass air and injectors etc. so, what do you guys think i will need? thanks, jordan
Old 07-15-2007, 06:10 PM
mylongvictor
5th Gear Member

Default RE: procharger help?

42 lb injectors is pretty much what you will need right off the batt, then you need a chip burned from ATI using your car's computer number, 80 mm MAF, 70/75mm TB and plenum to complement the blower..... and a safe daily driver tune. Keep your numbers below 400rwhp if your engine is stock.
Old 07-15-2007, 09:54 PM
jwatson
1st Gear Member

how do i get that chip from ati? and what is my best bet as far as tuning?
Old 07-16-2007, 12:07 AM
Quicktime_GT
5th Gear Member

Do you have the bracket? if not you'll need one.. you can call procharger 913.338.2886 and get some free instructions sent to you.

You'll need a fuel pump, I'd try to get a 255lph ford svt focus fuel pump. The long part # is 3S4Z-9H307-BC
The short # is PFS-204

You'll need some 42lb injectors and a mass air meter to match.. I'd look at the new sct meters..

If there is a tuner near you i'd just buy a handheld tuner from them and have it put on the dyno.. A chip from ati will get you on the road, but a dyno tune will be more safe..

If you have any more questions pm me.. I just went through all of this so its fresh on my mind..

Neil
Old 07-16-2007, 09:35 AM
Quicktime_GT
5th Gear Member

I got your message, sounds like you pretty much got everything figured out. I sent you one back but in case you don't get it here ya go..

The powersteering cooler lines(the black line that runs from the driver side of the car to the passenger and back right in front of the rack and pinion) has to be moved to in front of the intercooler. I took brake line and fuel hose to extend mine. Its not under pressure, its only a return hose.

I'm not sure on the pulleys, I wouldn't run 15psi of boost though.. I know for sure that a 3.4inch pulley is a 10lb er. IT should have the pulley diameter on it somewhere.

Sometimes some cars have a wing, or a big ear on the belt tensioner. It comes up beside the pulley. If yours has a tensioner like this you'll have to grind that off because It will hit the procharger bracket.

As far as the chip, Its an easy way to get by, but every car is different. If you want to know for sure that your a/f issafe you'll want to put it on a dyno. I'd find a SCT tuner and buy a xcalII.

When you go to put the bracket on its a little tricky..... 99mustang0 helped me with this one.... this is for an 01 up anyways...

1. bolt through the procharger idler pulley (assuming it came with it)
2.bolt goes through the bracket into the head
3. bolt goes through the bracket and through the ford pulley.

I'll ber glad to help ya with anything I can, because it was hard for me to get replys when I was doing the same thing about a month ago.

One other huge thing... you can't run underdrive pulleys, so if you have them, go ahead and try to swap them for some factory pulleys...

Neil
Old 07-16-2007, 10:00 AM
ASUSMC
4th Gear Member

Your name is not allowed to be jwatson.... My name is Jeff Watson and I had a Procharger first...[8D]

Things you will need.

MAF (90mm Lightning WILL NOT WORK get an SCT big air)
42lb injectors. They are a pretty neon green color
Fuel Pump. SVT Focus will work as well as a Ford GT pump
DYNO TUNE, can't stress this enough just tell the shop that is tuning it to make it run rich with only a little bit of timing.
PATIENCE another thing I can't stress enough it will get frustrating puttin it on so walk away for a little while and watch some Baseball.
Bandaids, your gonna bust a few knuckles
Old 07-16-2007, 02:13 PM
stoes
2nd Gear Member

new spark plugs, serp belt. as far as a chip goes first find a tuner, and whatever they use sct or diablo go with that.