4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Why not a Camaro or Firebird?

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2005, 12:42 AM
gtmustangirl

Default RE: Why not a Camaro or Firebird?

I grew up around Fords all my life. I have loved the Mustang forever. They look better and yes more class, and the inside I like more I just like everything about them. Ford came out with so many kinds of Mustangs and they just catch ur eye more!
Old 01-22-2005, 06:31 PM
DeViouS
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 2000Si

ORIGINAL: DVS99GT

Im wondering why u guys didnt buy a camaro or firebird and bought a Mustang instead. even though ls1s r much faster w/ 1.1 more displacement.

Here's my reasons 1)too expensive 2)not as good looking 3)interior svcks 4)not as classy

what r ur reasons?

Fbody's are cheap... you just have to know what to look for. I'm just wondering why you'd buy a sports coupe for the looks, interior and "class"?

I'd buy an Fbody for the same reason I'd buy a Mustang and the same reason I'd build my engine. To get down the 1320 as quick as possible.
2000Si: if i want to get down the 1320 as fast as possible then i would have bought a foxbody 5.0 and Twin turboed it. its cuz im only 19 and a half college guy would likes to be seen in a hot "newer" car. even if it doesnt go as fast as a TT fox body. my car isnt strictly for the track either it is my weekend car that i like to just drive around town in.

chicks dig stangs alot more than camaros and firebirds. and the interior of my stang isnt filled w/ roll bars and NOS bottles b/c like i said it is not a strictly a track car but a car that i take my dates in and i think most girls would like to be in a car that has a nice interior.

I mod out my stang so i can go to the track and run in the 13s. also so i can have fun on the street (when no one else is in my car of course)

I like the best of both worlds. not one or the other but both That is just me.
Old 01-22-2005, 07:22 PM
98LS1
6th Gear Member

I still can't see buying a "performance" car for the luxories of it....unless it's a Ferrari or an AMG or something. The looks thing is entirely your opinion. I think my TA looks a hell of a lot better than any Mustang made. That's my opinion. Why get a car to get girls? My gf hates my car, mainly b/c it's loud, fast, and dangerous. The exact reasons I LOVE it.

Another thing about the looks, a Foxbody looks 10x better than any other Stang IMO.
Old 01-22-2005, 07:33 PM
ellis_juan
1st Gear Member

Eh, both cars blow...
Old 01-23-2005, 02:58 AM
Fat Nick
I ♥ Acer

I think f-bodies were ugly, overpriced, uncomfortable, and just never really have liked them. I have wanted a Mustang for as long as I can remember and even knowing that the LS1 is a lot faster than a GT, I'd take a GT anyday of the week. The ONLY thing I like about the f-bodies are the t-tops.
Old 01-23-2005, 03:04 AM

DVS, I'm not going to comment on your post... 98 pretty much said everything I was going to say.

Old 01-23-2005, 03:13 AM
DeViouS
4th Gear Member

o ok [8D]
Old 01-23-2005, 03:13 AM
biged3
2nd Gear Member

Lets see where to begin.... the Mustangs looks are more unique than the Camaro and Firebirds, which look to alike to be different makes and models. The Mustang is the original pony car, and my Dad likes Camaros, so being the rebellious teenager I was when I bought my '66 10 years ago, I like the Stangs. Don't get me wrong, the first year Camaros were nice, but the new ones just don't do anything for me. My brother had a 2001, and we started looking at how it was made, and even he (a Ford "hater") said he should have bought the Mustang.
Old 01-23-2005, 03:38 AM
GSXRIntensity
4th Gear Member

I was originally shopping for an '01 WS.6, but I got my '02 GT, cuz I got it special ordered on the A Plan for $5k cheaper that I would have paid everything included, AND my *dad told me that if I wanted a T/A I would have to sell my Gixxer (bike had to go to help cover the difference in cost, plus I wanted the SLP FIREHAWK package. I said "Fvck that! My bike can dust any four wheeled cage out there." So, I kept my bike & got the GT. As it is, I am not brand partial between GM & Ford. I am planning on a brand new C6 w/in a year or so. I wanted the new Z06, but $70k is a little out of my league right now.

*He bought my Stang as a college graduation present, so I didn't want to be pushy about the T/A, & I refused to part w/the bike.
Old 01-23-2005, 08:35 AM
Soaring
I ♥ Acer

Well, is there any wonder why Chebby quit making the Camaro's? Mustangs just outclassed and outpriced them. Simple economics.

Quick Reply: Why not a Camaro or Firebird?