4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

guys whats wrong with my stang

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2007, 11:26 AM
fausty
4th Gear Member

Default RE: guys whats wrong with my stang

well dan to be honest idk whats wrong with this dam car man...he hasnt said hes gona do anything he sjust giving me posibilitys what the problem might be..im supposed to drop the car off 2moro so he can give it a thourough check up and diagnose the problem..and then from there im going to decide what im going to do..this really frustrates me i got rid of my 5.0 due to many mechanical problems and i get this car to have a more reliable car to have as a daily driver and now this car starts acting up as well...idk if i just should get rid of this thing already but no matter what i cant get another car that isnt a mustang..i love mustangs too much.. will your cobra engine give you problems liek this..mayb i should save up for a new motor..these 2v are getting on my nerves
Old 07-26-2007, 01:06 PM
Dan04COBRA
Super Moderator

In general, these cars are reliable if they aren't raced.

4v is no more reliable, if anything it's more of a risk to your pocket because the engine has more moving parts & many mechanics have little experience with OHC V8's.

I don't understand what you are paying for? Is he charging you $200 to run diagnostics? How is he going to determine if your car is truly running rich without a dyno or wideband on the street? You should find some sort of performance shop around you & let them look at the car AFTER you rule out an exhaust leak.
Old 07-26-2007, 01:37 PM
fausty
4th Gear Member

naw dan im not that dumb i aint paying him squat hes gona check it out for free n run some test then hes gona call me and tell me weres hes goten so far and from there im going to decide if to take my car back...if the problem he tells me is resonable and m going to ask you guys if it makes sense and im going to start looking for a local mustang shop around here that actually know about stangs ...but one question why do we have v8s and those 4vs if they arent going to be good enough to race with them without being scared of busting something..i thought they were performance engines atleast the 4v cobra
Old 07-26-2007, 02:03 PM
Dan04COBRA
Super Moderator

They can withstand it to a degree, but they have huge limitations. The only Mustang since the early 70's to come from Ford that was built to handle a road course or drag strip was the 03/04 Cobra.

They all can take a beating, don't get me wrong - but you just can't expect them to take the same abuse as aftermarket performance upgrades available.

Race engines don't last very long. They just survive under extreme conditions. [8D]
Old 07-27-2007, 04:48 PM
fausty
4th Gear Member

finally i fixed the problems guys ...i was stressing it so much so i gave it a try and i bought 8 new spark plugs and i changed them today one of them had been broken since the time i had fixed my piston and its been rattling forever but when i fixed them the problem went away my car is runing normal again and i can feel the engine runing steady and smooth..thanks for your help and hopefully you guys with the ticking problem this might be of some help..later