4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Noone came seem to HELP me out

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2007, 04:37 PM
72MachOne99GT
2010 Blue Ball Award Recipient

Default RE: Noone came seem to HELP me out

Man, that sucks, especially since you have gone through and replaced all the things basically that control/regulate air flow..

is there any chance it could be something in teh fuel delivery system? someone mentioned fuel pump, and something as stupid as a fuel filter wouldnt cause the car to die like that....

does the car do it right once your start coasting in nuetral? or does it wait until just before you stop the car, or what...

Old 07-29-2007, 06:15 PM
ackuric
4th Gear Member

my mustang does the same exact thing. (99 gt auto with 90,000 on the clock) only happens when entirely warmed up, and coming to a stop, or sometimes just letting go of the brakes from an idle and letting it roll, it kinda hiccups (stop and go traffic), rpms remains around 500-600, may dip a little lower like a surge. this doesnt happen everyday.

i kinda have a feeling it may have to do with my torque converter? i havent replaced my iac in fear that it wont fix the problem. maybe a coil pack is going bad? wish I knew where to begin.
Old 07-29-2007, 06:24 PM
blownbayou
3rd Gear Member

I have had experience with IACs with my CSVT.......Original was dirty...cleaned it and still stalled. Got a new one from FORD....Still died!!!!! Brought it back to try another one and VOILA!!!!!! No more stall. Seems like it is a crap shoot on the IAC out of the box!!!!!! Try to bring yours back and get another one just to see.

Later
Old 07-29-2007, 07:22 PM
shakin_bakin

Try the Crank or Cam position sensors there not that expensive and cake to replace. I have heard of a couple ford engines doing this and then they replaced one of those sensors after teh MAF... AKA my mom had this it cost her 1000 to fix it from ford dealer was just this 25$ sensor..... but took them 4 ****ing things to figure it out. But believe me you can do it yourself its one screw and one idiot proof plug.... if you do this message me and i can send you a walk through for it.... its cake.. and i can get you a link to the parts.
GL to you!