MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang (https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l-1996-2004-modular-mustang-7/)
-   -   really confused.. Performance Appearance argh (https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l-1996-2004-modular-mustang/32394-really-confused-performance-appearance-argh.html)

O2GT 01-25-2005 11:23 AM

really confused.. Performance Appearance argh

Did this ever happen to you guys you just got really confused about which way you wanted to go with your car either PERFORMANCE or APPEARANCE some guys do both i guess.. but this really has me confused.. i just won an e bay auction from OE wheel concepts $509 for 4 chrome 2003 Cobra's and wheel locks and lugs etc.. but now im debationg about getting the X pipe as well i will probably get that later to put on in the spring .. since its the winter it kinda holds you up on what you want to do.. but i just wanted to see your guys opinions about my confusion.. is it just me? lol thanks!

Phil

OUZBnd 01-25-2005 11:42 AM

RE: really confused.. Performance Appearance argh

95.672% of the people here are gonna say go performance first (they forget about the chin spoiler, window tint, and wheels they added ;)). I too did performance first, then i added the chin spoiler/grill delete as a intermediate step. Next I will do something performance wise. Althouhg i would like a nice set of 03 cobra wheels :D. Actually i want hte FR500 with the dark grey inners and a polished lip.

But anyway, do whatever you think looks good/sounds good/performs good. BTW, it is your money.

nanaki 01-25-2005 11:47 AM

i started with a catback and went straight for the window tint. i wasn't going to do very many if any visual mods. but i saw a mustang the same color as mine with it's windows tinted. it made a world of difference on how it looked. had to do it. :D

Blue70 01-25-2005 12:23 PM

I did not want my car looking like every other Stang in town, so I did some body mods first, just to look a bit different. I still want a hood, and bumper cover, and tint, and.....but gears and x-pipe are in the near future too :D

Hells GT 01-25-2005 02:34 PM

definatly performance.

Acer2428 01-25-2005 05:01 PM

Dabble in both...

I did mid-pipe and catback first, then wheels & tires, then intake, then lowering springs, then t/b, then chin spoiler....

Work in stages...

MikeHawke 01-25-2005 05:18 PM

I did a little of this, a little of that....now I'm guna do some more.

Headers and rims are next. :D

Be careful.....you don't want to make it LOOK faster than it is though or you run the risk of becoming rice.

TruBlu03GT 01-25-2005 05:19 PM

Its your loot....do what you want with it....I've been kinda going back and forth so far. Mach 1 chin spoiler and grille delete first, then Flowmaster catback, mac longtubes and prochamber...although the last two metioned have yet to arrive....Good luck though!

2004 GT RagTop 01-25-2005 05:21 PM

I say whatever you feel like doing at the time. I wanted SS inserts as soon as I got my car, so I went for it. Then I decided I needed some more performance and went w/ a catback and midpipe. Now I think I want to go w/ gears or stripes-grille delete-chin spoiler, not sure which one tho. Just do whatever you feel like doing at the time I say.

LIVIN_LEGEND 01-25-2005 05:29 PM

a good exhaust and some lowering springs will bring both performance and looks (the sound of an exhaust is apperance to me)