4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

BUSTED....Fuggin 5.0s...PIGS..BAHH!

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2005, 11:04 PM
89stanglx
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: BUSTED....Fuggin 5.0s...PIGS..BAHH!

If i was pulled over for my exhaust being to loud i would suck it up and pay the fine and try to keep it quiter next time in sight of a cop. If it is really not loud i would make repairs and fight it. But when you have a V8 with a modified exhaust you know your $h!t is loud; just pay the bill dont play games and put your stock crap back on unless you dont want any more tickets. Easy as that. Follow the laws or pay the fines. BTW im not a tree hugger you should of been aware of this when you opened your exhaust. Make it as loud as you want just watch whats coming around the corner. Pay the Bill$
Old 01-27-2005, 12:06 AM
Hells GT
2nd Gear Member

Like I said I am unable to put the stock back on...I dont even have it anymore...I scrapped it after I had to cut it off.. Also, to whomever said its not illegal in WI to modify your stock exhaust..where do you get your info from? As for opening my exhaust, I seen the cop behind me and i was keeping the exhaust quiet as possible, then his lights went on anyways. im just gonna pay the 100bux, and next time theres a 5.0 i'll just pull to the side or pull into a store/restraunt.
Old 01-27-2005, 12:08 AM
stonemonk9
3rd Gear Member

To be honest with you, its against the law to tamper with any emission control devices on ur car, so you have no case. Its not really that tuff to put the stock exhaust on, do it urself and save the 102$$
Old 01-27-2005, 12:16 AM
nastystang

I have the same problem .[sm=dontgetit.gif]and I just pay the fine and hope next time they leave me alone. I love the way the car sounds to much to change it.[sm=badbadbad.gif]
Old 01-27-2005, 01:45 AM
EGSRacer

Not sure what the law in TX is , but if all the lil foreign cars can have their screamin 3" vacuum cleaner exhaust, I should be allowed to rock some serious dB with my exhaust. I'd take the bass over that shrill soundin crap any day.
Old 01-27-2005, 01:54 AM
ZW99GT
6th Gear Member

If you could all just be from west Tennessee.lol
I would get a high five from a cop before i would get a ticket.
Old 01-27-2005, 02:56 PM
YinYangStang
2nd Gear Member

Here in VA, if you read the law, any exhaust that is louder than stock from the factory is illegal. I'd never give someone a ticket for their exhaust unless they were an *** when I pulled them over, and I'd never pull them over for it unless they were driving like an ***. Just from reading your posts about it, you sound like you deserved it buddy.

Busted!
Old 01-28-2005, 04:27 PM
MikeHawke
Retired MF Moderator

ORIGINAL: YinYangStang

Here in VA, if you read the law, any exhaust that is louder than stock from the factory is illegal. I'd never give someone a ticket for their exhaust unless they were an *** when I pulled them over, and I'd never pull them over for it unless they were driving like an ***. Just from reading your posts about it, you sound like you deserved it buddy.

Busted!
[sm=owned.gif]

Old 01-29-2005, 12:24 AM
stock_95gt
1st Gear Member

Here's some hard facts for noise levels of anyone living in Florida.

Link to full page of laws

(5) NOISE ABATEMENT EQUIPMENT MODIFICATIONS.--

(a) No person shall modify the exhaust system of a motor vehicle or any other noise-abatement device of a motor vehicle operated or to be operated upon the highways of this state in such a manner that the noise emitted by the motor vehicle is above that emitted by the vehicle as originally manufactured.

(b) No person shall operate a motor vehicle upon the highways of the state with an exhaust system or noise-abatement device so modified.
That basically states, anything louder than stock exhaust noise, is Illegal.

(c) For motor-driven cycles and any other motor vehicle not included in paragraph (a) or paragraph (b): (a=motorcycles, b=vehicles over 10,k pounds)

Sound level limit of 35mph or less. 72dB A.
Sound level limit of 35mph or more. 79dB A
Old 01-29-2005, 12:34 AM
dan
4th Gear Member

reminds me of the time when the neighboors told me to put my stock exhaust back on my quad (honda 300ex). i never did and they couldn't do anything about it. If i were in ur situation i wouldn't put the stock back on.