4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Paxton sc installation problems

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2007, 05:50 PM
olesch
1st Gear Member

Default Paxton sc installation problems

Well at last I started to mount the sc on my 2000 yer GT Mustang. But I have already run into some problems.

When I tapped the pan I used the instructions from the paxton manual. It said to be punched in the very center and one inch down. Although I looked in the Vortech manual and they stated otherwise, but as I got a Paxton kit I made it according to its manual. Everything went on good until the punch was almost in. It seemed that it wouldnt go any further in, so I pulled it out and tried to look into the hole with a flashlight. But i didnt see anything in the way. What I did then was to cut of some of the point of the punch. Then afterwards it went all the way in. But my question is, have i damaged something? I punched the punch a couple of times although it wouldnt go further.

Second, when I was installing the SC idler bracket I was unsure of wich bolts and washers to use. I looked in the appendix of the installation manualbut I couldnt match them to the supplied bolts. So what I did was to reuse the original bolts, but then when I installed the SC idler pulley one of the bolts seems to be in the way ant there are no clearance for the pulley to spin? Anyone have experienced this?

Old 08-06-2007, 06:10 PM
Triisomy21
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Paxton sc installation problems

Chances are you're using the wrong bolt. I seriously sat in my room for an hour or two just trying to figure out which bolt went where. Just take your time. Sorry, I didn't take any pictures.

So you say nothing was in the way after you took a flashlight and looked in the hole? Weird. Sorry man, I didn't hit anything when I installed mine.
Old 08-06-2007, 06:19 PM
jpmustanggt
5th Gear Member

This is why I didn't put my blower on.
Old 08-06-2007, 06:19 PM
kenv
4th Gear Member

I read the other day that Paxton now makes a supercharger with a self contained oiling system, so we no longer have to punch holes in the oil pan[&:]
Old 08-06-2007, 06:24 PM
olesch
1st Gear Member

Yeah,I started with the punch of the pan first and then it went a little dark so I thought what the heck, it couldnt be hard installing the brackets but I took wrong. Guess I have to look over the bolts in the morning when it is daylight.

Weird that you didnt hit anything in the pan. You also punched it one inch down and in the very center of the pan? But as the punch didnt go any forther in I dont think anything has been damaged. But I just need to have some info to calm myself down and to convince me that everything is all right =)
Old 08-06-2007, 06:26 PM
olesch
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jpmustanggt

Because of similar problems might occour?

ORIGINAL: kenv

I read the other day that Paxton now makes a supercharger with a self contained oiling system, so we no longer have to punch holes in the oil pan[&:]
For real?
Old 08-06-2007, 06:41 PM
lizzyfan
Underboss

Not much to damage, you'll know if you made to big a hole when you put in oil, if it leaks around return
Old 08-06-2007, 07:04 PM
olesch
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: lizzyfan

Not much to damage, you'll know if you made to big a hole when you put in oil, if it leaks around return
Great then I can be calm.

I saw that in the manual after doing the pilot hole, one should check with a coat hanger or such approx 3 inches in for clearance. If there was something in the way, the engine should be turned around it said. Oh well seems that it is nothing to worry about. Thankyou all for your help!
Old 08-06-2007, 07:13 PM
jpmustanggt
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: olesch

For real?
Yea, I didn't put it on b/c I just knew that I would run into some kind of crap that would take forever. MPH put it on and it took them over an hour to get the boost pipe on, so good thing I didn't try it.
Old 08-07-2007, 01:04 PM
kenv
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: olesch

For real?
Yup!

Quick Reply: Paxton sc installation problems