4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Got the stang tuned!!!! Track times!

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2007, 11:03 AM
01GT4.6
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Got the stang tuned!!!!

if it's a wet kit you can easilly fix the lean spike without having to change the jetting.
Old 08-18-2007, 11:15 AM
strtfab87
1st Gear Member

thats sickkkkkkk....vids!!!
Old 08-19-2007, 04:23 AM
contentsunderpressur
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 01GT4.6

if it's a wet kit you can easilly fix the lean spike without having to change the jetting.
Yea, since I'm running a separate fuel cell and regulator it will be no problem. It was lean at first so I uped the pressure from the regulator and it was rich but we ran out of time so I left it alone. I'll go back in a few weeks for another couple of runs. I'm not sure if the vid finished uploading but I don't have access to youtube from my work computer and I left my computer dead at a freinds house. If someone wants to they can go to youtube and look up vids from contentsunderpressur and post the link if it did upload. I named it My dyno I believe.
Old 08-19-2007, 11:26 PM
Quicktime_GT
5th Gear Member

there was an article in a mustang magazine talking about they had to use shorter line inbetween the fuel solenoid and the intake to get rid of a lean spike..
Old 08-19-2007, 11:43 PM
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

your lil old S trim still has a little snot left in it. get some stage 3 heads and throw a 2.6 pulley on that S trim.
Old 08-20-2007, 12:41 AM
racer02GTstang
5th Gear Member

yea, me too... thats why im shipping my blower off to vortech this week sometime to upgrade to a T trim.

[/align]
[blockquote]
ORIGINAL: 2000GT4.6

ORIGINAL: contentsunderpressur

With the forged internals why arn't you cranking up the boost more, along with the nitrous shot?
I built the engine with 9.5 cr becasue I'm not going with the big blower so that's why the boost is low. I've go a 3.2 pulley but the tuner said it only made 11 lbs of boost due to the heads, cams and exhaust I have. The nitrous will get raised up we just run out of time. I'll be going back soon to get it finished. He said 550 will be easy to get when it's all done.
Oh, so your blower is basically running out of breath?

I don't know how many times I have kicked myself for not spending the extra 400ish for a T trim.
[/blockquote]
Old 08-20-2007, 01:25 AM
svt_97cobra
I ♥ Acer

How do you upgrade? Do you trade, or do they upgrade the blower you send them? Explain..

[hr]
ORIGINAL: racer02GTstang

yea, me too... thats why im shipping my blower off to vortech this week sometime to upgrade to a T trim.

[/align]

[blockquote]

With the forged internals why arn't you cranking up the boost more, along with the nitrous shot?
I built the engine with 9.5 cr becasue I'm not going with the big blower so that's why the boost is low. I've go a 3.2 pulley but the tuner said it only made 11 lbs of boost due to the heads, cams and exhaust I have. The nitrous will get raised up we just run out of time. I'll be going back soon to get it finished. He said 550 will be easy to get when it's all done.

I don't know how many times I have kicked myself for not spending the extra 400ish for a T trim.
[/blockquote]
Old 08-20-2007, 01:41 AM
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

ORIGINAL: svt_97cobra

How do you upgrade? Do you trade, or do they upgrade the blower you send them? Explain..

[hr]
ORIGINAL: racer02GTstang

[/align]

[blockquote]

[/blockquote]
you contact them and tell them you want to upgrade your current S to a T. you then pay them like ~$1000 and send them your S trim. they upgrade the internals to a T trim.
Old 08-20-2007, 01:52 AM
svt_97cobra
I ♥ Acer

Is there more potential in a T trim or what?
Old 08-20-2007, 01:54 AM
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

ORIGINAL: svt_97cobra

Is there more potential in a T trim or what?
ohhhhhhhhhhhh yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.

put it this way.. i make 550RWHP with my S maxed the hell out... a guy i know that goes to the same shop has a T trim with similar mods (except stage 2 instead of 3 heads) and made 650RWHP on pump gas and 680RWHP on race.

Quick Reply: Got the stang tuned!!!! Track times!