4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Heal Toe.......

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2005, 01:42 AM
Aixtreme89
5th Gear Member

Default Heal Toe.......

I Own a 2003 Mustang GT. I love my car, but the pedal placement I think sucks. Does anyone out there know of an aftermarket company that makes new pedals for it. Or Directions on making them, for the ideal placement. The gas pedal is to far away from the brake pedal to preform the "heal toe" manuver. And the dead pedal in my opinion, is to far away from the clutch. I just hover my foot on my clutch. The dead pedal is to far away to make a quick movement back to the clutch when needed. If anyone has any ideas or input to this, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks everyone for your time.
Old 02-03-2005, 01:58 AM
story

Default RE: Heal Toe.......

I have not done this modification yet but it looks like it would help significantly. Just click on the Accelerator link to two articles adjusting the pedal. As for moving it closer to the brake pedal I have not seen anything
Jim's Mustang Modifications
Old 02-03-2005, 02:06 AM
Aixtreme89
5th Gear Member

Thanks for the reply. thats a good article, and a good picture. Taking that slake up in the throttle cable will elimanate the jerking I get when I take my food of the accelerator pedal real quick. That is soooo annoying. They also bent the metal tube thats the pedal is on. I took my gas pedal off and have been examinating it. It is atleast half that angle. Im going to try and bend it right above the pedal on the kink. That will do the trick. Thanks alot for your reply.
Old 02-03-2005, 02:11 AM
story

If you can would you take some pictures of what you do to your pedal, because I plan on doing something as soon as I finally get some spare time
Old 02-03-2005, 02:25 AM
Aixtreme89
5th Gear Member

Yeah sure I will post them on my car domain web site when I do... I will put the link back on this forum message.
Old 02-03-2005, 08:33 AM
SilverGTV8
4th Gear Member

All you need to do is the Mod to pick up the slack. I heel-toe all the time and it helped alot. Not sure how you heel-toe but I used the side of my feet not my Heel or Toe persae.

I have no problems with the clutch. I just piviot my feet on the heels to heel-toe and for the clutch. I acutally have wear marks in the floor mat from it.

http://webpages.charter.net/silvergt...%20Toe%202.wmv, kinda give you the point of what I do.
Old 02-03-2005, 11:07 PM
Aixtreme89
5th Gear Member

I was wrong I dont have to bend the bar for the pedal. All I did was put that 1" spacer on the throttle cable. Oh my god!! It is perfect!! While im braking all I have to do is roll my foot over and blip the gas to get it at the right rpm while I down ****. Now my mustang feels like a real race car. I recomend everyone do this mod. Expecially if you have a manual. My foot doesnt get hung up on the carpet, and the pedal goes further now, it used to stop and hit the floor. So I never really got to experiance full throtle. I wonder if food did this on purpose. Just only so the select few could experiance how it really should be. And I now dont have any jults when i release my foot of the accelerator, like I used to......EVERYONE CHECK THIS ARTICLE OUT!! YOU HAVE TO DO IT!!
http://www.mustangworld.com/ourpics/fcar/99pedals.htm
Old 02-03-2005, 11:15 PM
dan
4th Gear Member

where exactly does the spacer go... its hard to tell because the picture is so close up. Is it like under the gas pedal?
Old 02-03-2005, 11:41 PM
Aixtreme89
5th Gear Member

I put the spacer on the cable right at the end. Heres a picture of it on my car. That metal piece is the throttle pedal. And the spacer is tightened on the the end of the throttle cable. So it takes out the slack in the trottle which in turn moves the pedal closer to the driver.

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/670865

Old 02-03-2005, 11:48 PM
dan
4th Gear Member

thanks for replying so fast. Do you really think that i am not achieving true WOT when i floor it?

Quick Reply: Heal Toe.......