MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang (https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l-1996-2004-modular-mustang-7/)
-   -   vortech (https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l-1996-2004-modular-mustang/333736-vortech.html)

rogerwilco357 08-19-2007 02:11 PM

vortech

ok I have some serious questions been out of the game for a while mostly with the fox bodies ,,i just got a 97 gt with alot of toys onboard except one and i want to know if i should get this upgraded and if i do will i need computer work done or the chip redone..ok here it is the car has the nx nitrous hookup , k&n ,off road x pipe ,vortech supercharger , superchip with a liitle module that has like 4 stages on it you change it once and the rpm's go up again and it goes nuts so i don't mess with it i was told it was for racing it with the bottle . now the gear has been changed as the freeway yeilds high tachs and when driving it has that snap your neck kick to it ..now i noticed the upgrades wires and all nice but how come the fuel injectors are stock the orange ones i think need to check what size would that be how many pounds .? and if they are stock what fuel injectors should one use when putting in upgrades of a super charger and if i upgrade the fuel injectors will i get more hp speed and gas consumption? and if so will i need the chip to be reprogrammed to accomodate the injectors? wow that was alot thanks guys in advance and i am in michigan and need s.s.tips and mufflers anyone have some for sale as this one has loud mufflers no tailpipes and too loud without the tips to hold a conversation...rogerwilco out[8D]

2000GT4.6 08-19-2007 04:07 PM

RE: vortech

ORIGINAL: rogerwilco357

ok I have some serious questions been out of the game for a while mostly with the fox bodies ,,i just got a 97 gt with alot of toys onboard except one and i want to know if i should get this upgraded and if i do will i need computer work done or the chip redone..ok here it is the car has the nx nitrous hookup , k&n ,off road x pipe ,vortech supercharger , superchip with a liitle module that has like 4 stages on it you change it once and the rpm's go up again and it goes nuts so i don't mess with it i was told it was for racing it with the bottle . now the gear has been changed as the freeway yeilds high tachs and when driving it has that snap your neck kick to it ..now i noticed the upgrades wires and all nice but how come the fuel injectors are stock the orange ones i think need to check what size would that be how many pounds .? and if they are stock what fuel injectors should one use when putting in upgrades of a super charger and if i upgrade the fuel injectors will i get more hp speed and gas consumption? and if so will i need the chip to be reprogrammed to accomodate the injectors? wow that was alot thanks guys in advance and i am in michigan and need s.s.tips and mufflers anyone have some for sale as this one has loud mufflers no tailpipes and too loud without the tips to hold a conversation...rogerwilco out[8D]
holy crap dude.

Shawn02GT 08-19-2007 09:18 PM

RE: vortech

if the previous owner swapped the injectors back to stock before he sold it to you then you better stop driving that car immediately. Get that thing on a dyno and get the AFR checked out, you can't just swap injectors without changing the tune the car is probably waay lean right now if this is true.

im really not familiar with the 4 position chips, i just use an xcalII that reflashes the computer.

i think your year still used a speedo gear to correct for changes in the rear end ratio, you'll have to figure out what gears are in there and then buy the appropriate speedo gear.