4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

New in the Pony Class

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2007, 11:22 PM
militaryjag05
1st Gear Member

Default RE: New in the Pony Class

ORIGINAL: livefast1

make sure to use synthetic on that turn signal fluid
I got the Royal Purple Synthetic the guy said it was the best on the market LOL thanks guys. Any other little do-dads to gain power. you know i already have the chrome accessories to put on it. and i have the racing stripes which is liek 20 RWHP right there so!!
Old 09-02-2007, 11:25 PM
Cornbread01
4th Gear Member

4.10s and a supercharger imo best combo
Old 09-02-2007, 11:27 PM
Adam03GT
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: militaryjag05

ORIGINAL: POISND U

Cross drilled spark plugs.
I said i was new to the Pony Class not to a Garage. Maybe i should also change my turn signal fluid, ensure i hav ethe summer air in the tires, and make sure i am using the left handed screw driver. Lol. Other than the obvious strikes at people with the original gags. i am looking at a set of PYPES 304 full catback system with highflow cats, C.A.R.B. approved, and a new set of 32 LB F/I, with C.O.P.'s from Granatelli. i already have C.A.I. on it. What size Gears does anyone rec? Thanks

[IMG]local://upfiles/78794/9933645A32AE48C096D42EC8CF62E254.jpg[/IMG]
Haha i like this guy [sm=alcoholic.gif]

Ya get that full exhaust first in my opinion. There should be no such thing as a quiet stang!
Old 09-02-2007, 11:31 PM
militaryjag05
1st Gear Member

Of course i have to have the exhaust because i cant stand a quiet car at all. I had a 97 Dodge Ram 1500 5.9L with a little done to it but had an exhaust on it and it would set off my neighbors car alarm everymorning when i got up to go to work at 0500. I Like a car that can be heard. does anyone have any feedback for the PYPES Violator series 304 Stainless with open mufflers, and a set of highflow cats?
Old 09-02-2007, 11:36 PM
livefast1
5th Gear Member

i have that cept o/r x pipe. she sounds all kinds of nasty. just about as loud as slp but in my opinion, kind of a little more old school muscle car rumble
Old 09-02-2007, 11:37 PM
Adam03GT
5th Gear Member

Of course i have to have the exhaust because i cant stand a quiet car at all. I had a 97 Dodge Ram 1500 5.9L with a little done to it but had an exhaust on it and it would set off my neighbors car alarm everymorning when i got up to go to work at 0500. I Like a car that can be heard. does anyone have any feedback for the PYPES Violator series 304 Stainless with open mufflers, and a set of highflow cats?
I have honestly never heard the Pypes system in person.

My favorites are Flowmasters and Mac.

Next decide if you want to work on the performance or the looks.... Come back with questions about that and im sure you will get plenty of suggestions!

Just remember that the GTs dont respond well to bolt ons etc.... You can dish out thousands for full bolt ons and still not even reach 300rwhp..... If you are wanting to make a monster just do full exhaust and some sort of F/I.

Supercharging is a popular favorite around here. You can s/c your GT and be at a safe 400rwhp.

Then to top it off you would need a nice suspension setup
Old 09-02-2007, 11:41 PM
Sxynerd
6th Gear Member

A new car or a S/C
Old 09-02-2007, 11:42 PM
militaryjag05
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Adam03GT

Next decide if you want to work on the performance or the looks.... Come back with questions about that and im sure you will get plenty of suggestions!

Just remember that the GTs dont respond well to bolt ons etc.... You can dish out thousands for full bolt ons and still not even reach 300rwhp..... If you are wanting to make a monster just do full exhaust and some sort of F/I.

Supercharging is a popular favorite around here. You can s/c your GT and be at a safe 400rwhp.

Ok this is prolly gonna get all kinds of Opinions but i have to ask. I have seen many diff S/C what is the best for the price? I have heard Kenne Bell, but the Procharger doesnt look too bad for the price. Fill me in of ya can.
Old 09-02-2007, 11:49 PM
Adam03GT
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Adam03GT

Ok this is prolly gonna get all kinds of Opinions but i have to ask. I have seen many diff S/C what is the best for the price? I have heard Kenne Bell, but the Procharger doesnt look too bad for the price. Fill me in of ya can.
The Kenne Bell is an excelent supercharger.... But so is the procharger.

The Kenne bell is one of the most expensive ones where procharger is more middle of the line(i think)

Superchargers run anywhere from $3500-$5500. Yes they are expensive but you have to pay to play

The big differences between the two is the procharger is a centrifrigal(sp) and the KB is a roots style.

It all depends on what you are looking for... The roots style are going to have more of an instant boost and build boost all throughout the rpm band... Some people dont like it though because it is more stressfull on the engine.

The centris dont build much if any boost until you start to climb the rpm band it it kind of 'winds up'.

For a daily driver most people will recomend a centri!

P.S. If i am wrong on any of this information someone please correct me.

A few more popular superchargers are Vortech, Mongoose, Paxton, ....and more but i cant seem to remember [>:]
Old 09-02-2007, 11:52 PM
livefast1
5th Gear Member

TURBO IT WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: New in the Pony Class