4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

TYPHOON INTAKE

Old 09-05-2007, 02:53 PM
01GT4.6
6th Gear Member

Default RE: TYPHOON INTAKE

ORIGINAL: ben790450

No one else is allowed to post on here UNLESS YOU'VE PERSONALLY USED THE TYPHOON!!!! [:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@]

Stop bashing a product that you've never used or even seen in your life!!!! All you guys do is use hearsay and then run with it!!! I HAVE IT!!! IT WORKS GREAT!!!! No problems. Its not a piece of crap. I have three other friends with it too. One is on a 600 rwhp supercharged 5.1 2v. Never any problems. On a stock GT it wont see much of a gain becuase your restriction is in the heads not the manifold. Your car is starving for air becuase of two thing: The heads and the stock exhaust manifold. Not becuase of the intake, exhaust, throttle body or any other reason. Thats why when you do a header and head job its soooo much more power gain that a mid pipe, catback, manifold, CAI, throttle body, plenum, etc. If you want to address the air issues then get new heads and headers.

Our engines are like straws. Very restrictive to air. catback, intake, manifold, throttle body, etc is like putting bigger ends on the straw. Its gonna flow some more air but its still restricted. Supercharging is like forcefully blowing through that straw. A lot more air is gonna flow through but its still restricted. Heads and headers is like getting a bigger straw. Problem solved.

no need to yell, and I don't give a **** if you "allow" anyone else to post unless they've used they Typhoon. Your friend with the 600rwhp supercharged 5.1, does he have any dyno numbers with the exact same combo with the stock intake? If so can we see a graph to compare the 2? Also do you have a dyno graph with your exact setup with the PI intake vs the Typhoone? If so post up the dyno graphs of it with the PI and with the Typhoone so we can compare. Most people build a motor and do the intakeat the sameand really don't know if they actually saw a gain or not from the intake! As far as hearsay, I could understand that if it were 1 or 2 people not seeing the gains that are "CLAIMED" but when you do a quick search a see it's MANY, I think it has to carry some weight. Also I feel that it's better to learn from someone elses mistake than to learn from my own. Also the thread that I listed are from credible peoplewho have nothing to gain or loose from their experiances. I'm sure there were quality issues at first with there castings and may have worked them out, but explain to me how it works great, or better yet post before and after dyno sheets on YOUR car so it won't be hearsay.I'm one of the few people that give credit to companies that start off with quality issues. Hell I just bought a set of Stage 3 Patriot heads, a couple years back Patriot had a bad name acrossed the internet for making Sh!tty heads. You may consider that hearsay as well, but if it weren't truePartiot wouldn't have stepped up and took care of the issues, which they did. They replaced many heads and even paid the labor charges to get everything straight. Even though theyHAD a black eye I still (just) bought from them, because they fixed the issues, but I've never heard of anyone having a loss in HP with there heads over stock, unlike the Typhoon intake. Out of all the unstatisfied people with the performace of the Typhoon, I have never heard of PP stepping up and fixing their issues or refunding their money.
Do you personally need to try the Tornado thingy http://www.tornado-fuelsaver.tv/?s_kwcid=tornado|766738699&gclid=CK-3j6OLrY4CFQUygAod31qlTwto know that you aren't going to see a 28% increase in MPH and a 13hp increase? Probably not, because we all know it won't deliver the performace it claims, but I guess that's hearsay as well! <as you may have noticed their claim uses that catch phrase I was referring to... UP TO.
Old 09-05-2007, 03:08 PM
2002GTAUTOVERT
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 01GT4.6

No one else is allowed to post on here UNLESS YOU'VE PERSONALLY USED THE TYPHOON!!!! [:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@]

Stop bashing a product that you've never used or even seen in your life!!!! All you guys do is use hearsay and then run with it!!! I HAVE IT!!! IT WORKS GREAT!!!! No problems. Its not a piece of crap. I have three other friends with it too. One is on a 600 rwhp supercharged 5.1 2v. Never any problems. On a stock GT it wont see much of a gain becuase your restriction is in the heads not the manifold. Your car is starving for air becuase of two thing: The heads and the stock exhaust manifold. Not becuase of the intake, exhaust, throttle body or any other reason. Thats why when you do a header and head job its soooo much more power gain that a mid pipe, catback, manifold, CAI, throttle body, plenum, etc. If you want to address the air issues then get new heads and headers.

Our engines are like straws. Very restrictive to air. catback, intake, manifold, throttle body, etc is like putting bigger ends on the straw. Its gonna flow some more air but its still restricted. Supercharging is like forcefully blowing through that straw. A lot more air is gonna flow through but its still restricted. Heads and headers is like getting a bigger straw. Problem solved.

no need to yell, and I don't give a **** if you "allow" anyone else to post unless they've used they Typhoon. Your friend with the 600rwhp supercharged 5.1, does he have any dyno numbers with the exact same combo with the stock intake? If so can we see a graph to compare the 2? Also do you have a dyno graph with your exact setup with the PI intake vs the Typhoone? If so post up the dyno graphs of it with the PI and with the Typhoone so we can compare. Most people build a motor and do the intakeat the sameand really don't know if they actually saw a gain or not from the intake! As far as hearsay, I could understand that if it were 1 or 2 people not seeing the gains that are "CLAIMED" but when you do a quick search a see it's MANY, I think it has to carry some weight. Also I feel that it's better to learn from someone elses mistake than to learn from my own. Also the thread that I listed are from credible peoplewho have nothing to gain or loose from their experiances. I'm sure there were quality issues at first with there castings and may have worked them out, but explain to me how it works great, or better yet post before and after dyno sheets on YOUR car so it won't be hearsay.I'm one of the few people that give credit to companies that start off with quality issues. Hell I just bought a set of Stage 3 Patriot heads, a couple years back Patriot had a bad name acrossed the internet for making Sh!tty heads. You may consider that hearsay as well, but if it weren't truePartiot wouldn't have stepped up and took care of the issues, which they did. They replaced many heads and even paid the labor charges to get everything straight. Even though theyHAD a black eye I still (just) bought from them, because they fixed the issues, but I've never heard of anyone having a loss in HP with there heads over stock, unlike the Typhoon intake. Out of all the unstatisfied people with the performace of the Typhoon, I have never heard of PP stepping up and fixing their issues or refunding their money.
Do you personally need to try the Tornado thingy http://www.tornado-fuelsaver.tv/?s_kwcid=tornado|766738699&gclid=CK-3j6OLrY4CFQUygAod31qlTwto know that you aren't going to see a 28% increase in MPH and a 13hp increase? Probably not, because we all know it won't deliver the performace it claims, but I guess that's hearsay as well! <as you may have noticed their claim uses that catch phrase I was referring to... UP TO.
you can do a search on hatred on america and see how many people hate this country. you can do a search on cold air intakes and see people say they gained 15 horsepower from it... the point is there is nothing like hard facts (dyno sheets), personally ive never considered the typhoon as i had the P51 and have no experience in the typhoon's benefits. However, the stock PI intake still is a piece of sh*t.. as i stated anything is better than it... i wasnt referring to JUST performance but reliability.. you can get an aftermarket PI intake with the aluminum crossover = superior than stock.. p51=superior than stock... if the typhoon loses power, i doubt itll make a lot of difference on an otherwise stock motor that flows like a brick wall in space, but would be aggravated by F/I. now that i read this, im going to research it, howeveri still feel you should AT LEAST get an intake with an aluminum crossover to prevent the all too common cracked intake.
Old 09-05-2007, 03:26 PM
01GT4.6
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 2002GTAUTOVERT

you can do a search on hatred on america and see how many people hate this country. you can do a search on cold air intakes and see people say they gained 15 horsepower from it... the point is there is nothing like hard facts (dyno sheets), personally ive never considered the typhoon as i had the P51 and have no experience in the typhoon's benefits. However, the stock PI intake still is a piece of sh*t.. as i stated anything is better than it... i wasnt referring to JUST performance but reliability.. you can get an aftermarket PI intake with the aluminum crossover = superior than stock.. p51=superior than stock... if the typhoon loses power, i doubt itll make a lot of difference on an otherwise stock motor that flows like a brick wall in space, but would be aggravated by F/I. now that i read this, im going to research it, howeveri still feel you should AT LEAST get an intake with an aluminum crossover to prevent the all too common cracked intake.
I did replace my intake, and I did it with the stock PI w/ the aluminum cross over. I looked at the thread you posted and like I said I reather see REAL WORLD results from people like you and I, not a shop or a magazinedoing it. Like I asked did you ever dyno yours before and after, if not hwo do you know it's working great? The links I posted above were of regular people (not magazines) at did before and after. Also look at the link that you posted, did you notice that that added a power pipe, throttle body and upper plenum to the mix. From what I know supercharged cars get tuned to maximize their gains, I'd have to guess that even tuned a supercharged car are will not perform like it should (no matter which intake) with a stock (baseline) TB, plenum and inlet tube. Ever with that being said they said had a bunch of losses with TQ and HP up to the 5k mark. Who knows they probably had to mess with the tune to get what they got (after all they made 200 dyno runs with only 3 different combos to get the results), but if not it's still pretty sad when a stock intake, TB, plenum, inlet tube on a supercharged car out performes (at all, let alone that much) the same car with after market, intake, TB, plenum and power pipe! This is based on the link YOU posted.. So if you consider that link facts and not hearsay, think about what I just said about those facts. Who would spend that much money to have any loss at all in performance? NOT ME!
Old 09-05-2007, 03:31 PM
01GT4.6
6th Gear Member

As for the stock intake being a piece of **** and anything is better... please back that up, I just proved in your own link that even in a choked up S/C stang going vs going all out with the PP stuff (intake, plenum, & TB) they showed many losses. It even took 200 pulls to get those #'s. The PI intake is lighter, keeps cooler BECAUSE it's plastic, and won't cost you a dime. Anyone will tell you, it's not about peak #'s it's about the curve, and a curve with losses throughout it isn't worth spending money on.
Old 09-05-2007, 03:33 PM
2002GTAUTOVERT
5th Gear Member

I did replace my intake, and I did it with the stock PI w/ the aluminum cross over. I looked at the thread you posted and like I said I reather see REAL WORLD results from people like you and I, not a shop or a magazinedoing it. Like I asked did you ever dyno yours before and after, if not hwo do you know it's working great? The links I posted above were of regular people (not magazines) at did before and after. Also look at the link that you posted, did you notice that that added a power pipe, throttle body and upper plenum to the mix. From what I know supercharged cars get tuned to maximize their gains, I'd have to guess that even tuned a supercharged car are will not perform like it should (no matter which intake) with a stock (baseline) TB, plenum and inlet tube. Ever with that being said they said had a bunch of losses with TQ and HP up to the 5k mark. Who knows they probably had to mess with the tune to get what they got (after all they made 200 dyno runs with only 3 different combos to get the results), but if not it's still pretty sad when a stock intake, TB, plenum, inlet tube on a supercharged car out performes (at all, let alone that much) the same car with after market, intake, TB, plenum and power pipe! This is based on the link YOU posted.. So if you consider that link facts and not hearsay, think about what I just said about those facts. Who would spend that much money to have any loss at all in performance? NOT ME!
you meant this for Ben apparantly. but i did a yahoo search on typhoon, alot of people say it is good and alot say its a piece of junk and for the same price you can get something better.

i did read the typhoon lacks some type of seals on the ends causing gaskets to get blown out on nitrous applications....
Old 09-05-2007, 03:40 PM
01GT4.6
6th Gear Member

you meant this for Ben apparantly. but i did a yahoo search on typhoon, alot of people say it is good and alot say its a piece of junk and for the same price you can get something better.

i did read the typhoon lacks some type of seals on the ends causing gaskets to get blown out on nitrous applications....
oops, yep I meant him, sorry
Old 09-05-2007, 03:54 PM
militaryjag05
1st Gear Member

wow i didnt mean to start WWIII but good info good info. i am staying stock, 4.10's, UDP's and an exhaust. LOL thanks for the info though. i will definately remember it down the road.
Old 09-05-2007, 04:06 PM
01GT4.6
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: militaryjag05

wow i didnt mean to start WWIII but good info good info. i am staying stock, 4.10's, UDP's and an exhaust. LOL thanks for the info though. i will definately remember it down the road.
sorry, didn't mean for it to turn into WWII, I was just trying to provide you with some information. I guess I don't like having to ask permission to talk (like I'm some kid) or voice my opinion on a public forum.
Old 09-05-2007, 04:09 PM
militaryjag05
1st Gear Member

Totally understand. i agree with your thought process as well. had a similar earlier with SVT Bill he posted an X pipe for sale in the discussion forum and some guy ran and reported him. that was a site to behold almost everyone just flamed that guy. too funny but thanks again for the info.
Old 09-05-2007, 04:29 PM
ben790450
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: militaryjag05

sorry, didn't mean for it to turn into WWII, I was just trying to provide you with some information. I guess I don't like having to ask permission to talk (like I'm some kid) or voice my opinion on a public forum.
Hey you have experience. You has a bad experience. Thats fine. You stand by your experience and thats your opinion and appreciate you having the experience to make that opinion and i respect your opinion. What i dont respect is the ppl that come on here and say something's a piece when they have never even seen or used it. So this isnt against you dude chill out. Thats why i said that. It was geared towards ppl that have nothing to base what they say on except what they hear from other ppl. And by the way i have someone who put the PP typhoon along with the 75 mm combo on a 125 shot application. Before and after. They gained 18 rwhp after the manifold and tb & ui. From what i've heard, PP has corrected the fitament issues. They must have becuase i didnt have any problems with it. Neither did anyone else i've seen in person. And i only base what i say on things i've had personal experience with otherwise it would be just like everyone else here who just does a google search to find out info. Im in a mustang club with 100+ stangs. . . i see a lot of different setups and 100% of the time i've heard good and seen good things about they typhoon. You're the first person that i have personally talked to that has had problems with it. Maybe it was just your particular application or the particular product you had. . .

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: TYPHOON INTAKE