4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

I'd like some new seats please...

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2007, 11:18 PM
LaserGT
2nd Gear Member

Default I'd like some new seats please...

As anyone who owns a New Edge Mustang can probably truthfully say, our seats don't offer much support anywhere....especially when it comes to the headrest. I've tried looking at various websites for aftermarket seats but I've had no luck at all. If I did find any, the only color they came in was black. Even though I have a dark charcoal interior I think black seats would look a bit off. Now my question is, would the seats from the 05+ GT's fit in my car? I've driven an '05 GT once and I thought the seats were WAY better than the ones I have. Now if this wouldn't workdoes anyone know of a company that sells decent seats.But no racing seats though.
Old 09-15-2007, 06:56 AM
jmac72187
corner carver

Default RE: I'd like some new seats please...

Not sure if they would fit, but I don't think they would look very good. The whole design just wouldn't match the rest of the interior.
Old 09-15-2007, 08:17 PM
LaserGT
2nd Gear Member

Good point about it fitting both physically and aesthetically. I guess it would looksorta goofy. Go figure, the aftermarket makes everything else for our cars except decent seats. [sm=headbang.gif]
Old 09-15-2007, 08:40 PM
jmac72187
corner carver

Check out Corbeau's. They making racing seats, but they aren't all super racing styled. They make some very nice looking seats that can run from about $600-900 with front seats and the required parts to mount them. Then you could just pick up a rear seat delete. That is what I want to do eventually but not for a while.
Old 09-15-2007, 08:49 PM
Chubstang
5th Gear Member

New seats are certainly on my list of future mods. I fly out of the stockers any time a sharp corner is involved. I've heard the 03/04 cobra seats are pretty supportive but they cost a pretty penny.
Old 09-15-2007, 08:51 PM
jmac72187
corner carver

ORIGINAL: mustangman5089

New seats are certainly on my list of future mods. I fly out of the stockers any time a sharp corner is involved. I've heard the 03/04 cobra seats are pretty supportive but they cost a pretty penny.
Ya, if I am spending a lot of money on seats, they are going to be aftermarket ones that match my interior and don't look like ****. The Termy seats looks sick, but I wouldn't spend all the money people want for them.
Old 09-15-2007, 09:04 PM
Xemeth
5th Gear Member

I'm not sure about the cloth seats, but our stock leather seats aren't even comfortable. I'm working all day getting in and out of Cadillacs and Buicks, where the seats are like a ****in' Lazy boy arm chair. I leave work and get in my car and it feels like Ford upholstered the seats with bricks.

I'm going with these seats in the future, along with a rear seat delete.
http://www.hunsakersports.com/shop/item.asp?itemid=194
Old 09-15-2007, 09:07 PM
jmac72187
corner carver

ORIGINAL: Xemeth

I'm not sure about the cloth seats, but our stock leather seats aren't even comfortable. I'm working all day getting in and out of Cadillacs and Buicks, where the seats are like a ****in' Lazy boy arm chair. I leave work and get in my car and it feels like Ford upholstered the seats with bricks.

I'm going with these seats in the future, along with a rear seat delete.
http://www.hunsakersports.com/shop/item.asp?itemid=194
haha. My daily driver is a Buick. The few days I drive the stang, its doesn't exactly feel comfortable.
Old 09-15-2007, 09:49 PM
OldSkool
2nd Gear Member

my girlfriend's mustang is a new edge v-6 with leather seats, and they definetly suck *****. the ones in my 98 gt are way better than hers, as far as support. from what i can tell, the new edge seats are just flat on the actual seat and the back, but the older sn95 seats are way more padded. you could probably get some of those for cheap from a totaled car or something
Old 09-15-2007, 09:58 PM
LaserGT
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mustangman5089

Yeah, no s*** about flying out of the seat. And forget about trying to adjust all the lumbar supports and the other doo-dads. You still won't stay in your seat. Plus, it's especially fun when you just had the leather reconditioned and you swear you're sitting on a slick piece of ice. [:@]I could imagine that the Cobra seats would be really nice but I don't have tons of $$$.

Jmac - Thanks for telling me about Corbeau's. I didn't even think about them. I'll check 'em out.

Quick Reply: I'd like some new seats please...