4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Anyone here LOVE Vortech?

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2007, 12:03 PM
amoosenamedhank
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Anyone here LOVE Vortech?

ORIGINAL: nanaki

ahhhh.. that's not bad then. yeah, i would load their tune to drive it there, staying completely out of boost. i certainly wouldn't just load it up and that be the end of it.
I always cringe when people come on here and say they do that.
Old 09-17-2007, 01:16 PM
lizzyfan
Underboss

Vortech is fantastic!!
I have an SQ and with stock pulley (3.6) it's quiet! Added a smaller pulley (3.1) and is more noticeable but not obnoxiously loud!
Old 09-17-2007, 01:17 PM
JJ03MustangGT
5th Gear Member

let me ask why you would take a turbo or twin screw over a centri? reasons? have you ever ridden in a centri car?
ORIGINAL: mfj

not a fan of centri superchargers. i would get a turbo or twin screw over that anyday
Old 09-17-2007, 02:04 PM
96_LAstang
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: JJ03MustangGT
yea i luv mine. i actually went to MPH, and let them Tim tune it. They are a really great bunch of guys. My only complaint is that i didnt save up and go with the T trim which was only a few hundred more right off the bat, but hey im happy either way
Whats the benefit to go with the T trim,it's just able to produce more boost, right? I'm about to be purchasing my S/C and dont want to be wishing i had went with a different supercharger. But my goal is to run about 400-450 rwhp
Old 09-17-2007, 02:29 PM
mfj
Banned

let me ask why you would take a turbo or twin screw over a centri? reasons? have you ever ridden in a centri car?

not a fan of centri superchargers. i would get a turbo or twin screw over that anyday
Yes,my cobraused to be powered by an f1a procharger, and that was a 600 hp car! I hated the boost curve that centir superchargers have. 100% rpm based. even worse than turbos!! turbos can reachpeak boostat like 4,000 rpms, but the centritakesredlinefor max boost. that is y iswitched to twin screw.
Old 09-17-2007, 02:39 PM
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

ORIGINAL: AllGo5.0

yea i luv mine. i actually went to MPH, and let them Tim tune it. They are a really great bunch of guys. My only complaint is that i didnt save up and go with the T trim which was only a few hundred more right off the bat, but hey im happy either way
Whats the benefit to go with the T trim,it's just able to produce more boost, right? I'm about to be purchasing my S/C and dont want to be wishing i had went with a different supercharger. But my goal is to run about 400-450 rwhp
if you don't plan on going over 450, then don't worry about a T trim. the S trim is more than capable of well over 500RWHP.
Old 09-17-2007, 02:57 PM
Dan04COBRA
Super Moderator

I was hoping everyonewould just ignore his post...thiswhole debate has happened a million times already. Let those people live in La La land man. [8D]
Old 09-17-2007, 03:06 PM
mfj
Banned

well its true. The only applicatin i would use a centry cupercharger, is if i wanted to boost over 30 psi on a full out drag car. but i would STILL take turbo over that! for the streets, nothin beats a twin screw!
Old 09-17-2007, 06:43 PM
JJ03MustangGT
5th Gear Member

thats cool man, i luv twin screw cars, but personally i like my centri. i have no problem beatin the couple of KB Gts around here. Its all in opinion i guess. And actually i am building my car for 19-20psi and a 100 shot.

well its true. The only applicatin i would use a centry cupercharger, is if i wanted to boost over 30 psi on a full out drag car. but i would STILL take turbo over that! for the streets, nothin beats a twin screw!
Old 09-17-2007, 06:48 PM
JJ03MustangGT
5th Gear Member

able to hold more boost, and allows for more cfm than the sq.....im lookin for 600+, but will eventually get mined ported
ORIGINAL: AllGo5.0

Quick Reply: Anyone here LOVE Vortech?