MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang (https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l-1996-2004-modular-mustang-7/)
-   -   a "What now?" Question on Installing a Intake (https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l-1996-2004-modular-mustang/346266-a-what-now-question-on-installing-a-intake.html)

02WinDixieGT 09-17-2007 08:13 AM

a "What now?" Question on Installing a Intake

Heres a problem ive ran into and i need someone whos been here before...im building a motor using a NPI block witha PI top end (heads, intake and so on). my intake manifold will not fit down into the valley because the nipple sticking out of the block for the water pump is in the way...on the PI block the nipple and pump is molded to one side so it clears in, but now its right in the way. whats my solution?? thanks guys, any help is appreciated, ive built this thing from the bare block up and its discouraging to get this far and this close to being done to have this stop me...

-Les

96gtchinook 09-17-2007 08:18 AM

RE: a "What now?" Question on Installing a Intake

I think that you can get the PI water pump nipple. and maybe even the PI water coolant hose and you will clear it because the PI nipple is shorter i believe.

BlackMage 09-17-2007 08:32 AM

https://mustangforums.com/m_3833004/tm.htm

i did just the PI manifold swap and that should explain your problem

but yea the waterpump needs to be taken off, the old stock nipple taken out, buy a PI nipple off like a 2001 and also the water hose running through the v of the block and you should b good.

02WinDixieGT 09-17-2007 09:09 AM

i have the 2002 gt block and im building a 96 block...the block is molded differently though from the 96 to the 02 the 02 is molded offset to the left side so it clears the intake, the 96 is molded dead center....so if i take the 02 nipple and hose and try to elboe it around the intake somehow ill be ok?

96GT226410 09-17-2007 11:35 AM

I just cut mine and used rubber hoses for my coolant hose.

BlackMage 09-17-2007 12:07 PM

ORIGINAL: 02WinDixieGT

Heres a problem ive ran into and i need someone whos been here before...im building a motor using a NPI block witha PI top end (heads, intake and so on). my intake manifold will not fit down into the valley because the nipple sticking out of the block for the water pump is in the way...on the PI block the nipple and pump is molded to one side so it clears in, but now its right in the way. whats my solution?? thanks guys, any help is appreciated, ive built this thing from the bare block up and its discouraging to get this far and this close to being done to have this stop me...

-Les

ORIGINAL: 02WinDixieGT

i have the 2002 gt block and im building a 96 block...the block is molded differently though from the 96 to the 02 the 02 is molded offset to the left side so it clears the intake, the 96 is molded dead center....so if i take the 02 nipple and hose and try to elboe it around the intake somehow ill be ok?

im lost lol, you said ur using a NPI block but then u say your using an 02 block... which is it. if its a NPI Block you should have no problems getting the 01 nipple and hose to work. if its an 02 block it is already PI and therefor should have the correct nipple and hose, if not go out and buy it.

02WinDixieGT 09-17-2007 03:14 PM

i dont see the confusion, im building a NPI block...using a 02 PI motor for parts...

02WinDixieGT 09-17-2007 03:15 PM

your post was very helpfull though, thanks, i just printed it all out...

BlackMage 09-17-2007 03:22 PM

ah ok that last post made more sense now.. yea as long as you get the new nipple and hose it will all work out fine.

02WinDixieGT 09-17-2007 04:03 PM

NIPPLE.....Alright i'm done now, thanks guys!!