4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Air Silencer?

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2007, 11:34 AM
X04Mach1X
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Air Silencer?

good find, i still dont believe it tho... i have read articles saying that my car only has 305 stock, yet the cobra with a lower compression ratio has 320 stock? and the only difference are minor minor minor things in the heads

articles=[:'(]

me and my buddy both took the silencers off and got nothing out of it
Old 09-27-2007, 12:24 PM
H0SS302
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: X04Mach1X

do me a favor, go get your car dynoed, then put your silencer back on and do it again and show me the difference.. until then dont make this guy think hes gonna notice a difference by taking it off!!!

and before you open your mouth and talk bad about the shaker just because youre mad that your scoop is a stick on, educate yourself!!! it may not add 15 horse but it definitly adds a little bit bud!!
lol ok guy, everyone knows that the shaker dosnt do **** for the car. it dosnt even kick in til your doin like 110 120... How often do you drive like that.... so maybe you should educate yourself a lil on your own car before you go talkin **** about everyone elses
Old 09-27-2007, 12:32 PM
X04Mach1X
2nd Gear Member

thats cool.. ill just sit back as you make yourself look like an idiot... cuz youre so right! the shaker which is connected directly to my intake bringing cold air doesnt do anything.. you moron, and what do you mean ask anyone? the only one that will talk **** about it is the jealous people like you!

by the way youre saying you got gains from cutting your silencer, which is connected on the left side of the air filter, yet my shaker which is mounted through my hood connected to the right side of the air filterdoesnt do anything? you arecontradicting yourself buddy
Old 09-27-2007, 12:43 PM
Zanador
2nd Gear Member

Taking off the silencer DOES make a difference. It has an effect on throttle response- it may not be a HP gain but it does respond faster. Taking off the silencer and dropping in a K&N Filter on these cars is just as effective as a CAI- for 1/4 of the price. Plus it sounds really cool with the whoosh when you hit the gas.
Old 09-27-2007, 12:49 PM
Adam03GT
5th Gear Member

thats cool.. ill just sit back as you make yourself look like an idiot... cuz youre so right! the shaker which is connected directly to my intake bringing cold air doesnt do anything.. you moron, and what do you mean ask anyone? the only one that will talk **** about it is the jealous people like you!

by the way youre saying you got gains from cutting your silencer, which is connected on the left side of the air filter, yet my shaker which is mounted through my hood connected to the right side of the air filterdoesnt do anything? you arecontradicting yourself buddy
Wow... How about we calm down noobie.....

You get gains from removing the silencer.... Its been proven. Im not sure what kind of a scientist you are but maybe YOU should dyno before and after before you go around talking out of your ***.....
Old 09-27-2007, 01:03 PM
ghstintheshell
1st Gear Member

You need to stop while your ahead...otherwise it's going to turn into a flame war, BTW your shaker intake....it feed air into tube, which feeds into another tube...both in opposite directions....real efficent.....not.....eye candy, not much more..so dont start bashing.
Old 09-27-2007, 01:04 PM
SnakeFan
1st Gear Member

Yeah,silencer is definitely on the right side of the car....And everyone knows that the shaker hood does indeed add some ponies, not that much, but still more than if you were to remove your silencer alone. Is it a cheap bang? Yes, why not. A non-biased mustang magazine with minimal variables within the project proved it to be. Only 2 horse, okay, that's fine, it's 2 more than what you had to begin with. Point is, silencer does not = big gains. Shaker = minimal gains. Either way you won't feel it behind the wheel.
Old 09-27-2007, 01:30 PM
H0SS302
6th Gear Member

by the way youre saying you got gains from cutting your silencer, which is connected on the left side of the air filter, yet my shaker which is mounted through my hood connected to the right side of the air filter doesnt do anything? you are contradicting yourself buddy
lol i was talking about mpg gains not hp dip ****. and im not jelious of your mach 1 i could not care less about it. im just happy i have a stang. but atleast i know wtf im talking about unlike your dumb ***, have you ever looked at the piping for the ram air...all it does is take air from the hood scoop to the air box. it dosnt even really ram n e thing. its about the same as me standing over the air filter n blowing on it
Old 09-27-2007, 02:23 PM
andrewclark
4th Gear Member

round 2[sm=vader.gif]
Old 09-27-2007, 03:10 PM
1fstblckgt
I ♥ Acer

^^^^^[sm=funnypostabove.gif]

Everybody get your teenage panties out of your *** cracks.

Quick Reply: Air Silencer?