4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Guys please help!!! IM about to give up on my Stang...

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2007, 03:41 PM
SikSide00GT
1st Gear Member

Default Guys please help!!! IM about to give up on my Stang...

OkI have had a really rough and expensive two months. Its been Hell and i cant afford to be spending all this money to keep my car up. Dont get my wrong i would die for my mustang i love it so much but i really need advice and i guess some pep talk because im about to give up. Here are some of teh problems i have had in the past two months.

My car: 2000 Mustang GT Mileage: 99,638

Problems: Replacing the whole intake manifold, Had to get a new rack and pinion, Spark plug shot through my cylinder head and i needed to get the head re-threaded, and i had to get a new H pipe because my cats went to shi*.

But it gets worse. About2 weeks ago i got my head re-threaded because of the spark plug (above) and i thought everything would be fine. Well about a week ago my stang started puttering between 1100 and 3000 RPM and it would jolt around at idle. So i took it back to my mechanic only to findfluidwhere my sparkplug goes.So he took the fluid out (not sure if it was water or coolant. Plus it rained and my plastic cowl hood scoop thing is not properly on so it could have beenwater get in from the rain) andreplaced my boot for the coil and it ran fine.BeforeIleft he told me that it either could have been the rain water (my coil bootwas cracked) that got in to the spark plug or it could be that my head cracked when the cylinder shot the spark plug out.he told me to drive it around for a while and call him if anything else happened. So just yesterdaythe stang started puttering again!!!! Iwas driving to the shop when all of a sudden i couldnt turn my steering whee!!! i gave it a little gas and then the steering cam back but everytime i slow the car downmy wheel gets really really hard to move. i was able to get it to the shop safely andmy mechanic told me thatmy power steering pump might be going out.

I'm at work right now and im so frustrated.....I love my car but i dont know what to do. I'm 19, and I work atHonda of Thousand Oaks in California as a car salesman (no im not a shark) and i see how good these honda's are and how dependable they are and i get help to think about getting rid of the stang. But i dont want to. Im a die hard stang fan.

I dont mean to cry and pout but i ahve always turned to this site for help before and have always recieved it. And i would really appreciate your guy's help and encouragment to keep my stang with me.

Thanks,

Cesar

(P.S. Im still waiting to hear back frrom my mechanic about my head being cracked and he is cheacking the power steering pump)

Old 10-01-2007, 03:51 PM
trickdriller
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Guys please help!!! IM about to give up on my Stang...

Who has done the work on your car? Was it a certified mechanic, or someone at a local body shop that grew up working on cars? Or you? Improper procedure might be a problem. And how do you drive your car? Do you drive it like a regular car and get onit only every now and then or are you rough with it all the time? I'm just trying to narrow down the problems because I just don't know enough to give advise in this arena.
Old 10-01-2007, 04:00 PM
SikSide00GT
1st Gear Member

The mechanic was reffered to me by the service and parts director from Honda. He is a really good mechanic but i'm not sure if he is a certified ford tech. However he has always worked on my car andI trust them. Its a family owned shop and like I said were reffered to me by myold boss beforeI moved fromt he service department to sales. As for how i drive the car,I am very good to it. I drive ALOT and only burn out like once every two monthsand downshift hard whenI need to pass a car. I care about my car so i dont abuse it.
Old 10-01-2007, 04:05 PM
swooshonln
3rd Gear Member

question:

Is your power steering fluid low? (that could be another cause of the steering wheel being hard to turn) I know it sounds dumb but you never know...

Old 10-01-2007, 04:22 PM
SikSide00GT
1st Gear Member

Yea no im sure its full because i had it topped off when i had my boot for the coil replaced
Old 10-01-2007, 05:10 PM
H0SS302
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SikSide00GT

The mechanic was reffered to me by the service and parts director from Honda. He is a really good mechanic but i'm not sure if he is a certified ford tech. However he has always worked on my car and I trust them. Its a family owned shop and like I said were reffered to me by my old boss before I moved fromt he service department to sales. As for how i drive the car, I am very good to it. I drive ALOT and only burn out like once every two months and downshift hard when I need to pass a car. I care about my car so i dont abuse it.
lol where theres your problem... but really, sounds like the work wasnt done right or you just have a clunker form the factory, get it somewhat fixed n trade it in for an 05
Old 10-01-2007, 05:55 PM
SikSide00GT
1st Gear Member

We'll im not blaming my mechanic. And as for the clunker from factory who knows.......I just dont want to get rid of my baby

oh and how much does a power steering pump usually run for?
Old 10-01-2007, 06:42 PM
yelw02GT
3rd Gear Member

sounds likea lemon to me...just onein amillion cars produced that just has ALL the possible f*ck ups.. cus generaly speaking these cars are very reliable...orr im gonna go with the work being done wrong as far as the plug, well thats obviously what it is if it didnt stay in fine working order just try to get threw the problem best you can..god dont buy a honda, SUPORTING JAPAN FTL
Old 10-01-2007, 07:34 PM
SN95FoxII
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: yelw02GT

sounds likea lemon to me...just onein amillion cars produced that just has ALL the possible f*ck ups.. cus generaly speaking these cars are very reliable...orr im gonna go with the work being done wrong as far as the plug, well thats obviously what it is if it didnt stay in fine working order just try to get threw the problem best you can..god dont buy a honda, SUPORTING JAPAN FTL
+1 support american workers
Old 10-01-2007, 09:35 PM
SikSide00GT
1st Gear Member

Thanks for the input guys, i just got off the phone with my mechanic and it seems like there might actually be some light at the end of the tunnel. Although my power sttering pump just crapped out on me, its not gonna be that expensive to replace. My main concern though was the fluid surroundingthe spark plug. He took the coil out and the it was completely dry in there (thank god) no fluid which means that the coil might just be going out. Im gonna take it down tomorrow and he'll swap the coil to another cylinder and see if it misfires. Wish me luck

Quick Reply: Guys please help!!! IM about to give up on my Stang...