4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Supercharger Ideas...

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2007, 08:18 AM
JJ03MustangGT
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Supercharger Ideas...

also another thing to remember is that the p1sc takes an i/c to even make similar numbers that the v2 makes w/o one......there is a reason for that, the oil from the engine cools the blower quite a bit more which increases some power as well as the fact that a v2 intercooled vs a p1sc intercooled dont make the same number (boost being equal).....but like i said, i doubt you wont be satisfied with any of these blowers unless you get a built motor and are power hungry.....then it may bea problem

TO THE OP: didnt you use to have a bullit, and didnt you total it? you look a little familiar
Old 10-08-2007, 08:29 AM
Fobra
Banned

hah hahaha hahaha ha haha ahh ha haha huh

this thread is funnah![8D]
Old 10-08-2007, 02:03 PM
FrostByte
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: JJ03MustangGT

also another thing to remember is that the p1sc takes an i/c to even make similar numbers that the v2 makes w/o one......there is a reason for that, the oil from the engine cools the blower quite a bit more which increases some power as well as the fact that a v2 intercooled vs a p1sc intercooled dont make the same number (boost being equal).....but like i said, i doubt you wont be satisfied with any of these blowers unless you get a built motor and are power hungry.....then it may bea problem

TO THE OP: didnt you use to have a bullit, and didnt you total it? you look a little familiar
Where the hell do you get your info? I think your pulling out of your ***! An intercooler dosnt make more HP by its self. It cuts down on detonation which lets you run higher boost & theref ore more HP. A S/C that uses engineoil will run hotter than a self-contained unit such as ATI.If you want confirmation of this go to ATI's web site & its there in print for you.
Boost is boost. You get 7% gain in HP for every lb of boost you add. The advantage of an intercooler is you can run highr boost level.
Old 10-08-2007, 07:49 PM
2000GT4.6
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: FrostByte

Where the hell do you get your info? I think your pulling out of your ***! An intercooler dosnt make more HP by its self. It cuts down on detonation which lets you run higher boost & theref ore more HP. A S/C that uses engineoil will run hotter than a self-contained unit such as ATI.If you want confirmation of this go to ATI's web site & its there in print for you.
Boost is boost. You get 7% gain in HP for every lb of boost you add. The advantage of an intercooler is you can run highr boost level.
Before telling someone they should get their facts straight, you should try it yourself lol.

An intercooler doesn't "allow you to run more boost" it allows you to run more timing without detonation, by cooling the intake charge. Timing is what causes detonation, not added boost. Adding timing while keeping the boost level the same will increase horspower. This is why many people simply run a snow performance meth injector instead of a FMIC... it does the same thing, allow you to run more timing (abit with chemicals instead of physical cooling).

so far as what ATI says... of course they are going to make claims that it does what they want... its their product. However, engine oil is at maximum about 180 degrees. This is far cooler than the supercharger will get just from natural air compression. Add in that the contained units from ATI have no oil cooling period like engine oil does in the pan... you can see where this is going.

I won't say that vortech is better than ATI or the other way around, but tapping the oil pan is the least of your worries on a supercharger install (10 min job) and at worst the engine oil keeps the blower just as cool as ATI's contained units. It is unarguable however that ATI blowers DO run hotter than the novi and SQ units. Theres a reason that ATI is the only company that offers every kit with an intercooler, and it isn't because they are nice guys.

So far as power to power... I have yet to see a similarly setup ATI car run signficnatly faster times OR make significantly more horsepower than a non i/c SQ or novi 2000 setup. They all seem to make the same power, that is around 350-365 WHP on a stock car and anywhere from 380-420 for a boltons car + 8/10 PSI.
Old 10-08-2007, 09:53 PM
Fobra
Banned

not t mention that the big boy ATI's are intercooled FYI, only the little cheapos are SC for the most part, and notice how the F1 doesnt have that option... that SC is just marketing to sell a supercharger to somebody who doesnt know what they are doing and tell them they can do it 1) with simple hand tools 2) a below average intelligence

most of these units are the same deal, however the novi 2000 will be slow on a stock motor - it begins its intended boost range at around 18 psi - the novi is the best bang for the buck around, however a T trim aint bad... and a ysi .. well you dont want know
Old 10-09-2007, 04:04 AM
2000GT4.6
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: banned

not t mention that the big boy ATI's are intercooled FYI, only the little cheapos are SC for the most part, and notice how the F1 doesnt have that option... that SC is just marketing to sell a supercharger to somebody who doesnt know what they are doing and tell them they can do it 1) with simple hand tools 2) a below average intelligence

most of these units are the same deal, however the novi 2000 will be slow on a stock motor - it begins its intended boost range at around 18 psi - the novi is the best bang for the buck around, however a T trim aint bad... and a ysi .. well you dont want know
I don't agree with that at all. the PS1C, SQ, and even the novi 1000 are great units for the price, espcially on stock motor. Theres no reason to run a bigger blower unless your going to build the motor up, and even then you need to exceed say 520 whp on the SQ and something close to that on the PS1C to max it out. its not a bad blower, or even a bad deal with either supercharger.
Old 10-09-2007, 09:05 AM
JJ03MustangGT
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: FrostByte

of course there gonna tell you that, they want to sell a product....its called marketing! my point is that, a v2 makes the same power without an intercooler as the p1sc does with one!!!! add an intercooler to the v2 and see what kinda numbers you get then with boost being equal.....im not downing prochargers! im just saying that you should consider all the facts whether good or bad before buying somethin of that level of cost. i agree with what your saying about runnin higher boost with an intercooler. theres only so much boost you can run before the need of an intercooler comes in, but my original statement was that the prochargers need an intercooler because they are self contained and they run hotter! how many do you see comin off the shelves and under the hoods of cars w/o an intercooler? U DONT, which supports my statement about runnin off the engine oil lowers blower temps! about the only good thing i see comin out of the self contained oil system setup is that you dont have to worry about a clogged oil line and runnin metal to metal in the unit itself!
Old 10-09-2007, 09:52 AM
Fobra
Banned

ORIGINAL: 2000GT4.6

ORIGINAL: banned

I don't agree with that at all. the PS1C, SQ, and even the novi 1000 are great units for the price, espcially on stock motor. Theres no reason to run a bigger blower unless your going to build the motor up, and even then you need to exceed say 520 whp on the SQ and something close to that on the PS1C to max it out. its not a bad blower, or even a bad deal with either supercharger.
i dont understand what you thought i was saying.. i was just trying to say that self contained is not the best way to go, while its ok for low boost apps, the s/c aspect is pretty much a selling point as running an oil line is not a big deal and has many benefits