4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

My chin spoiler is a little off!! F**K!

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2007, 05:19 PM
ATFPat
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: My chin spoiler is a little off!! F**K!

Mines short on one side so I drive in the right lane so people dont see my left side haha. mines short but noone noticed it.
Old 10-04-2007, 06:54 PM
PistonsFan102
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: handyandy

Maybe I dont understand correctly, but the chin spoiler is actually not supposed to be completely flush with the front bumper. But the sides of the chin spoiler are supposed to be flush with the well. Its supposed to be flush for a while on the sides then recedes in just a little bit as it goes towards the front of the bumper. I'm not sure if thats what you were having trouble with or if you were installing it correctly. Maybe there is something else wrong, but this is how I think its supposed to be done.

100% correct - even mach 1's are like this
Old 10-04-2007, 07:35 PM
undecided.steve
4th Gear Member

Maybe I dont understand correctly, but the chin spoiler is actually not supposed to be completely flush with the front bumper. But the sides of the chin spoiler are supposed to be flush with the well. Its supposed to be flush for a while on the sides then recedes in just a little bit as it goes towards the front of the bumper. I'm not sure if thats what you were having trouble with or if you were installing it correctly. Maybe there is something else wrong, but this is how I think its supposed to be done.

That is correct.
I got mine from AM and the instructions that came with it say that it's NOT supposed to be flush with the front, but IS supposed to end where the ends of the wheel well end.
I started from one end, taped it up as I went along and when I got to the other end, it lined up perfectly.
It looks just like yours.

Old 10-04-2007, 08:09 PM
blstoff
2nd Gear Member

I have about a 1/4" gap on both sides , and its pretty much flush up front . I'd rather have it flush in the front .

[IMG]local://upfiles/45178/5460A8C367F14AAD8E34E1C15D0F06F3.jpg[/IMG]
Old 10-04-2007, 08:43 PM
GhostRider02GT
5th Gear Member

Yea I have mine up front, I prefer the flush look to the somethings wrong look.
Old 10-04-2007, 09:30 PM
meechuacon
3rd Gear Member

Yep, exactly. And if you got it from American muscle, which I recently did, I noticed it wasn't identical to the older one I had. And it was a little longer on one side. I think someone F'd up when making this batch!
Old 10-04-2007, 09:57 PM
PistonsFan102
2nd Gear Member

^^^^ americanmuscle.com switched chin spoile suppliers, thats why they were out of stock for a while, they dont sell ones made by Ford
Old 10-04-2007, 11:22 PM
handyandy
4th Gear Member

Ya some people do like it flush completely in the front, even though there is a small gap on the sides near the wells. I was experimenting before I bolted it down with what I liked better. I decided I wanted to do it the "correct" way, just because the gaps near the wells look more funky to me than the slight recession in the front does. Completely flush looks like a mini snow plow to me. Thats just me though.
Old 10-04-2007, 11:30 PM
GhostRider02GT
5th Gear Member

to each his own folks, to each his own....
Old 10-05-2007, 02:01 AM
SlvrOhTwoGeeTee
2nd Gear Member

Pics kinda suck... st00pid cell phone [:'(]... but for what its worth.

Quick Reply: My chin spoiler is a little off!! F**K!