4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

2003 Saleen Scam?!?

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2005, 08:36 PM
redmustang
1st Gear Member

Default RE: 2003 Saleen Scam?!?

I almost did the same thing. There was an 03 GSXR 1000 for 4000 last year. I took out a 4000 loan, even had him send me a copy of his address, the title, VIN #. He was very cooperative and I thought it might be the real deal. Unfortunately I'll never know if it was real because as I was sending the money via Western Union, they connected me to their Fraud Hotline. The representitive begged and pleaded with me to not send the money. The guy only wanted half up front, but after thinking about it I backed out. I still wonder....

By the way, this happened through CYCLETRADER.com NO NO!!

I'm sorry for your situation....hopefully you will get some closure.

Garrett
Old 02-24-2005, 08:46 PM
redmustang
1st Gear Member

DAMN!! I just realized something...after reading that email...it's the same guy that tried to get me on the bike. The language is the same and everything.....and at the end of every email, he ended with....Regards....
There are companies out there that specialize in scamming....in my search on cycletrader, i found over 20 bikes i was looking at and i emailed all of the owners....at least 10 of those responses were the same on every bike. the manorisms, language, misspellings, mispronunciation....all the same. I can't believe I almost lost all that cash...
Old 02-24-2005, 08:47 PM
redmustang
1st Gear Member

There was a Twin Turbo Supra in Auto Trader Magazine a couple months ago for $80,000
Old 02-24-2005, 08:58 PM
Vizaracer
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: redmustang

There was a Twin Turbo Supra in Auto Trader Magazine a couple months ago for $80,000

yea, i knew the values of the supras... i just thought that guy was trying to sell it fast cause it was only listed on ebay as a 3 day listing and i thought i could get a really good deal on the car. wish i backed out.
Old 02-24-2005, 09:00 PM
Vizaracer
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: redmustang

DAMN!! I just realized something...after reading that email...it's the same guy that tried to get me on the bike. The language is the same and everything.....and at the end of every email, he ended with....Regards....
There are companies out there that specialize in scamming....in my search on cycletrader, i found over 20 bikes i was looking at and i emailed all of the owners....at least 10 of those responses were the same on every bike. the manorisms, language, misspellings, mispronunciation....all the same. I can't believe I almost lost all that cash...

bet it is the same guy too. this guy is a professional and has done this to many, many people i bet. if the FBI can get him, im sure hundreds of people will be happy.

i hope i get some closure... i'd even take enough just for a s/c and that would make me happy. im really mad about the money i lost. been mad for months about that.
Old 03-17-2005, 08:29 PM
lvkopike

Wow. Heard about this on another board. Same thing happened to my dad about 2 years ago. Same broken English in E-Mails. THis was for a Ducati 996 on Ebay. The guys name was Michael Jay Sherrick. email was mjaysherrick@msn.com. He said that the bike was in Sebastopal (sp) CA, but he was in Latvia. My dad told him that he wanted to pick the bike up and he said no, that he would ship it for free. Well, I don't know whatmy dad was thinking but he wired the money to the guy. After he wired the money to the guy my dad got a wierd feeling about it and started trying to call the guy. No one would ever answer. He wouldn't answer e-mails either. Well, it turned out that the bank in Riga, Latvia wouldn't release the money to the guy because he didn't have enough information about my dad that was needed in order to release it. Our bank got a hold of that bank and told them that it was a scam and they ended up getting all $7500 back. The guy even had the nerve to e-mail my dad and ask him for the information he needed! This guy and all the rest like him need to be shot!