4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Will this fix my problem?

Old 10-07-2007, 10:19 PM
Legally_Blown
3rd Gear Member

Default Will this fix my problem?

Sorry if this title is vague, but would the following solve my problem. My problem is that the clutch is a little "sticky" when its coming out. I'm not used to this at all, but in my 5.0 it has a Steeda Quick Release Clutch Quadrant and it comes out quick as hell. That and it catches at the top like I like it for racing. Here is the link:

http://www.steeda.com/products/clutch_adjuster_kits.php

Would this solve my problem?
Old 10-08-2007, 09:30 AM
Legally_Blown
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Will this fix my problem?

Does nobody know?
Old 10-08-2007, 09:35 AM
GovtTax

I'm not sure what you mean by "sticky"... not sure if the clutch quadrant would actualy fix your problem or if it would just make it less noticeable. Any noises associated with the stickiness?
Old 10-08-2007, 09:36 AM
GolfmanSpeck
2nd Gear Member

Not sure exactly what you are trying to say, but this kit will allow you to adjust the catch point of the clutch. Not sure if it will shorten the friction zone thou. I think that is what you are asking about. Are you wanting to shorten the friction zone or just move the point where the clutch starts to grab?
Old 10-08-2007, 09:40 AM
GovtTax

Along the line of what Golfman said: if you want to shorten the friction point, go with the quadrant. If you want to adjust the friction height, go with an adjustable clutch cable. Hope this helps.
Old 10-08-2007, 09:45 AM
Legally_Blown
3rd Gear Member

ok, so the whole kit would probably fix it?

I will try and explain what I mean.....In my previous mustang, the clutch pops out really quick and has no lag when coming out. This new cobra has lag in the clutch when coming out. I push it in and it takes a lil while to come back out. Its no where near what I'm used to. But the thing I was curious about is that my 5.0 has a Steeda Adjustable Clutch Cable and possibly quadrant. I was wondering if it would make the clutch pop out faster like my 5.0
Old 10-08-2007, 09:54 AM
GovtTax

Ok, i got you now. To answer you simply, yes. Throw the adjustable clutch cable and quadrant in there and i think it will get you back to what you seem to be used to. I have both Steeda pieces in my ride and its like night and day. The stock stuff with a Spec 2 (at the time) felt sloppy and soft. Didn't have a lot of feedback when engaging the clutch. I installed those two things and its nice and tight now. This should be what you're looking for.
Old 10-08-2007, 09:59 AM
GolfmanSpeck
2nd Gear Member

Regardless, it is an awesome kit. I don't have it yet so I can't verify that it will do that, but I believe that the quadrant will adjust the length of friction zone and the adjuster will adjust the height of the friction point.
Someone will confirm this.

The other possibility is that your clutch is slipping slightly. Is that possible or are you sure you have a good catch?
Old 10-08-2007, 10:00 AM
Legally_Blown
3rd Gear Member

that sounda exactly correct. you just described what is happening with fewer words. lol

but now I will get this and get it installed. cause like you said, the difference is very noticable.
Old 10-08-2007, 10:00 AM
GolfmanSpeck
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: GovtTax

Ok, i got you now. To answer you simply, yes. Throw the adjustable clutch cable and quadrant in there and i think it will get you back to what you seem to be used to. I have both Steeda pieces in my ride and its like night and day. The stock stuff with a Spec 2 (at the time) felt sloppy and soft. Didn't have a lot of feedback when engaging the clutch. I installed those two things and its nice and tight now. This should be what you're looking for.
man you beat me to every post

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Will this fix my problem?